napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Cutting

dagero1

I have been on a calorie restricted low carb diet for cutting for several weeks. When I was bulking my muscles were pumped and full, but as I'm stripping away the layers of fat, my muscles are looking flat and I'm looking skinny, I'm 6'2" at 205 now, approximately 12% bf. Is it the carb reduction that causes the flat looking muscles?

I have been on a calorie restricted low carb diet for cutting for several weeks. When I was bulking my muscles were pumped and full, but as I'm stripping away the layers of fat, my muscles are looking flat and I'm looking skinny, I'm 6'2" at 205 now, approximately 12% bf. Is it the carb reduction that causes the flat looking muscles?

That comes with the territory of cutting. Most people don't realize how much fat they have. When you cut you lose fat everywhere and all your measurements go down. If you are in restricted carbs and calories it also contributes to a loss of fullness and you can flatten out. You just have to stick to it. Like I tell guys, you have to learn to accept being flat before you lose the fat

when you cut carbs like that, then you are going to definitely be looking more flat, thats normal for that kind of diet bro

I ran through my macros again, and I have been shorting my carbs a bit too much, thanks for responding and letting me know it's pretty normal

As I'm cutting, my six pack looks better some days than others, I feel if my muscles were less flat my six pack would poke through better

On low carb you lose a bunch of water from your muscles. So yes, your muscles have less water volume even though fiber size is unchanged. When you stop dieting and eat carbs normally again, your body will store water and sugar together with your muscles and they will inflate out again.

The great thing is that once you are really lean and you try to add some good quality muscle, you will start to look amazing. Not only will you be lean but your muscles will be nice and hard again. Just stick with the plan and don't get discouraged.

The great thing is that once you are really lean and you try to add some good quality muscle, you will start to look amazing. Not only will you be lean but your muscles will be nice and hard again. Just stick with the plan and don't get discouraged.

Exactly. Most people can't handle the combination of the diet and the mental game that comes with cutting with the changes your body goes through. Most people will confuse loss of fullness and fat loss with muscle loss, whch is not the case

Exactly. Most people can't handle the combination of the diet and the mental game that comes with cutting with the changes your body goes through. Most people will confuse loss of fullness and fat loss with muscle loss, whch is not the case
i see that all the time... im used to it from cutting so often so for me its standard but for some, it can be tough on the mind...

Top Bottom