bannednutritionRegenRx

Curious: What program do you follow?

RickyPaul

Upper/Lower
Push/Pull/Legs
Full Body
Bro Split

Which do you follow and why?

I am considering going to an upper/lower split. Currently doing push/pull/legs, but I feel like changing up my routine might help with progress and keep me motivated. Would plan on hitting each day twice per week with three days of rest/cardio. 8 sets per muscle group per day. Thoughts?

i dont follow "programs" per say... i do two body parts per day and rotate which i work together on certain days every 6 weeks

I do a pretty typical bro split with a body part per day. High volume

Chest
Back
Legs
Shoulders
Arms

Chest and biceps
Back and triceps
Legs and shoulders
Repeat 3-4 days on 1-2 days off abs everyday and claves every other day

This has been my routine for some time now

1. Go to gym with solid idea of what I am going to work on.
2. Get to gym and too many people in my way so work on something else.

Seems to be routine.

I have changed my workouts a lot over the years. I have found split routines to be the most non-boring.. i like 3-4 day splits. push/pull/legs is a good layout for that. there is a lot of wiggle room with that workout routine and ways you can change it to keep it exciting and it can work in any gym environment

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
HOW TO GET BLOODWORK WITHOUT A DOCTOR> https://www.isarms.com/forums/sourc...done-cheap-without-going-doctor***-54733.html

You have to figure out through trial and error what works best for you. Not everyone is the same.

You have to figure out through trial and error what works best for you. Not everyone is the same.

That?s true I have tried every different variation possible over the years and eventually you?ve got to start working around your injuries lol

I am currently on a 5 day layout following the basic principals of utilizing volume landmarks, popularized by Mike Israetel, which starts you at MEV (Minimum effective volume) and scaling up to MRV (Max recoverable volume) over the course of each 4-5 week meso before deloading at maintenance volume, rinsing and repeating. Been working quite well!

i think it is also very important to change/cycle gyms too. i notice myself and especially others get into the bad habit of parroting the same workouts.. heck we even park the same place each time. you always see that huge truck in that certain parking spot for example or that same chick in the gym at the same hour of the day. people are creatures of habit and you will have more fun and lower your chance of burnout by simply changing things up.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Get bloodwork without a doctor> https://www.isarms.com/forums/sourc...done-cheap-without-going-doctor***-54733.html

Last edited:
I agree with changing it up. I find myself doing exactly as you say. Same parking spot etc...
I go to lifetime gym. I use the whole gym and amenities. I recently found me a true ? meat head? gym. And I say that in a good way. I was scared of a place like that cause I?m old and not muscle bound. To my surprise I am not the only one you would not expect at that gym. It is ... how do you say ?shit hole in a positive way??? I guess you could call it a dungeon! Everything is old,rusty and dirty. No AC in Texas.
I have found it very motivational. Lots of metal slamming, banging. Mix that with loud metal music or rap depending on whose running the gym that day. Every one grunting, yelling and encouraging each other.I go there a few days a week and get in a good old fashioned raw work out.
Then I go to the other gym and swim, sauna and shower. I am loving the mix.

i think it is also very important to change/cycle gyms too. i notice myself and especially others get into the bad habit of parroting the same workouts.. heck we even park the same place each time. you always see that huge truck in that certain parking spot for example or that same chick in the gym at the same hour of the day. people are creatures of habit and you will have more fun and lower your chance of burnout by simply changing things up.

Yea see I keep my gym because its huge and no one goes there. Its an anytime fitness and the owner sucks but he has a few gyms and the other ones basically pay for the one that no one uses so he keeps it open.

I routinely find myself the only one there which is crazy since its 8,000 sqft!

great way to change things up: change up your music frequently, i like to get my stuff off sirius or pandora. i'm old school so it is mostly 80's and 90's music (no offense to the youngsters but music today is shit compared to those days lol), also how about a new pair of sneakers, and going a completely different time of the day. you will notice if you go always in the evenings then go to bed an hour earlier and wake up an hour earlier and go in the AM a completely different batch of people and environment. that small change keeps things fun.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Get bloodwork without a doctor> https://www.isarms.com/forums/sourc...done-cheap-without-going-doctor***-54733.html

I do push and pull days 6 days a week.

Push day is chest, tris, shoulders and squats

Pull day is biceps, deadlifts, calf raises and back

Top Bottom