napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Creatine yes or no?

Angel

Do you guys know if I would benefit from taking creatine? Some guy at the gym was telling me it helps with muscle pumps, but I asked him doesn't creatine retains water, he didn't know. Just curious to know if i would benefit from it? do all of them retain water?

changing my life around one day at a time!!

Re: RE: Creatine yes or no?

Angel said:
Do you guys know if I would benefit from taking creatine? Some guy at the gym was telling me it helps with muscle pumps, but I asked him doesn't creatine retains water, he didn't know. Just curious to know if i would benefit from it? do all of them retain water?

Absolutely, you would benefit from creatine. I can still remember the first time I started taking creatine. Creatine is a great supplement, I take it year round. Don't get too caught up in the whole water retention thing. As long as your diet is in check and you're drinking plenty of water, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. There are a million different kinds of creatine but just stick to the good old fashioned monohydrate. It's cheap and it works. Now after trying monohydrate if you find it doesn't agree with you, then you can try the other fancier blends.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Re: RE: Re: RE: Creatine yes or no?

ibleedoranbla said:
Angel said:

Absolutely, you would benefit from creatine. I can still remember the first time I started taking creatine. Creatine is a great supplement, I take it year round. Don't get too caught up in the whole water retention thing. As long as your diet is in check and you're drinking plenty of water, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. There are a million different kinds of creatine but just stick to the good old fashioned monohydrate. It's cheap and it works. Now after trying monohydrate if you find it doesn't agree with you, then you can try the other fancier blends.

Sounds good to me, I'll start shopping around see what's offered, thanks ibleed.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Creatine yes or no?

Angel said:
ibleedoranbla said:
"Angel" said:

Sounds good to me, I'll start shopping around see what's offered, thanks ibleed.

No problem. I've tried just about every fancy creatine there is and I always end up going back to pain ol monohydrate. You can't beat the price. I use Almax Nutrition pure micronized German creatine.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Creatine yes or no?

ibleedoranbla said:
Angel said:
"ibleedoranbla" said:
"Angel" said:

No problem. I've tried just about every fancy creatine there is and I always end up going back to pain ol monohydrate. You can't beat the price. I use Almax Nutrition pure micronized German creatine.

Any dosage recommendation for best results?

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Creatine yes or no?

Angel said:
ibleedoranbla said:
"Angel" said:
"ibleedoranbla" said:
"Angel" said:

5 grams/day is all you need but I typically do 10 grams on training days because I have 5 grams every morning and then I always take another 5 grams post workout. Now is that extra 5 grams necessary? Well, science says no but that's just what I do. I take it first thing in the morning and right after working out because that's when your body best absorbs it.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Creatine yes or no?

ibleedoranbla said:
Angel said:
"ibleedoranbla" said:
"Angel" said:
"ibleedoranbla" said:
"Angel" said:

5 grams/day is all you need but I typically do 10 grams on training days because I have 5 grams every morning and then I always take another 5 grams post workout. Now is that extra 5 grams necessary? Well, science says no but that's just what I do. I take it first thing in the morning and right after working out because that's when your body best absorbs it.

Nice, I think I'll start with 5g after my workouts and go from there, see how it works for me. Thanks again ibleed.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Creatine yes or no?

Angel said:
ibleedoranbla said:
"Angel" said:
"ibleedoranbla" said:
"Angel" said:
"ibleedoranbla" said:
"Angel" said:

Nice, I think I'll start with 5g after my workouts and go from there, see how it works for me. Thanks again ibleed.

Not a problem. If you've never taken creatine before, you'll without a doubt notice it's effects. It won't make you super strong or ripped, lol. It will however maybe add 5 pounds to your lifts or a couple extra reps here and there and make your muscles feel much fuller. I can remember the first time I took creatine like it was yesterday. My muscles got so hard and dense, I couldn't believe it. The only way I can describe it is I felt just like I do now on cycle. My muscles were just so full feeling. Now I'm not comparing creatine to gear because that's just stupid but if you've never used it, you'll notice how your muscles fill up with water and it feels quite amazing. However, you quickly get used to it and you just want more, lol.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Creatine yes or no?

ibleedoranbla said:
Angel said:
"ibleedoranbla" said:
"Angel" said:
"ibleedoranbla" said:
"Angel" said:
"ibleedoranbla" said:
"Angel" said:

Not a problem. If you've never taken creatine before, you'll without a doubt notice it's effects. It won't make you super strong or ripped, lol. It will however maybe add 5 pounds to your lifts or a couple extra reps here and there and make your muscles feel much fuller. I can remember the first time I took creatine like it was yesterday. My muscles got so hard and dense, I couldn't believe it. The only way I can describe it is I felt just like I do now on cycle. My muscles were just so full feeling. Now I'm not comparing creatine to gear because that's just stupid but if you've never used it, you'll notice how your muscles fill up with water and it feels quite amazing. However, you quickly get used to it and you just want more, lol.

I'm going to look them up Almax nutrition, I'm supper stoked now lol

Angel said:

If your goal is to gain strength and size then yes, drink creatine. Yes, u accumulate some glycogen while drinking creatine, which gives strength and adds size

Creatine always makes a great addition at any time. The water retention from creatine goes within the muscle cells, where you want it, and not subcutaneously underneath the skin which causes bloat. 5g per day of creatine is more than adequate and there no reason to ever have to exceed that dose

Re: RE: Re: Creatine yes or no?

RickRock said:
Creatine always makes a great addition at any time. The water retention from creatine goes within the muscle cells, where you want it, and not subcutaneously underneath the skin which causes bloat. 5g per day of creatine is more than adequate and there no reason to ever have to exceed that dose
This is very helpful, it makes sense of the use for it, I was afraid that I would bloat up more lol thanks again Rick, any recommendation on what you take?

Angel said:
RickRock said:
This is very helpful, it makes sense of the use for it, I was afraid that I would bloat up more lol thanks again Rick, any recommendation on what you take?

Ive been using muscletechs creactor creatine , good price and has alot of servings around 120 per tub..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ylfuR-ulnI
bodybuilding.com has buy one get one free of these right now

Angel said:
RickRock said:

i do like creatine as well and often recommend it however i have had different experiences with it... im definitely not a fan of monohydrate... rick made great points about how the water from it is used but mono definitely can cause some bloating, at least it did with me and MANY others... can it be controlled with your diet, yes, to a point it can and it is very beneficial but in my experience, creatine nitrate was far superior than any i have taken.. it gives the muscle growth, very high energy and definitely more pump in the gym.. don't get me wrong, monohydrate can be very beneficial and it is but if your asking opinions, hands down nitrate is a better option... its more expensive for sure but to me its worth it... thats up to you to decided and others will absolutely disagree with me and that's completely fine, this is person to person experience..

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Creatine yes or no?

DylanGemelli said:
Angel said:
RickRock said:

i do like creatine as well and often recommend it however i have had different experiences with it... im definitely not a fan of monohydrate... rick made great points about how the water from it is used but mono definitely can cause some bloating, at least it did with me and MANY others... can it be controlled with your diet, yes, to a point it can and it is very beneficial but in my experience, creatine nitrate was far superior than any i have taken.. it gives the muscle growth, very high energy and definitely more pump in the gym.. don't get me wrong, monohydrate can be very beneficial and it is but if your asking opinions, hands down nitrate is a better option... its more expensive for sure but to me its worth it... thats up to you to decided and others will absolutely disagree with me and that's completely fine, this is person to person experience..
Sounds like something that I'm willing to try out thanks Dylan, is there any place that you buy it from specifically or I could buy it anywhere?

Angelo said:
Angel said:
RickRock said:

Ive been using muscletechs creactor creatine , good price and has alot of servings around 120 per tub..
Thank you Angelo is good to have people that have had experience with this to help out..

Angel said:
Angelo said:
Angel said:
RickRock said:

Thank you Angelo is good to have people that have had experience with this to help out..

No problem bro, and I hope u find which creatine works best for you and your goals..

I use body fortress creatine hydrochloride found at walmart $13. I mix it with my BCAA powder and make smoothies with fruit and fiber.

Angel said:
DylanGemelli said:
Angel said:
RickRock said:

Sounds like something that I'm willing to try out thanks Dylan, is there any place that you buy it from specifically or I could buy it anywhere?

that one is really no place in particular bro... pretty much everywhere should have it... just do a search and see who has the best price on it

Angel said:

very minimal water rentention especially if you do loading.But it will help you increase energy and strength a bit.Nothing steriod like but natural its a good product

Top Bottom