napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Cooking with protein powder

davealexis2000

Just wondering if cooking with protein powder is a good idea? For example protein pancake. Will the extreme heat ruin the protein value?

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Not at all.

I don't make these much anymore, but a simple protein pancake recipe would be like:

-1 scoop protein powder
-1 cup of oats (Grind them up until they are a fine powder.)
-Egg whites (Add as much as you need until you get a pancake batter consistency)

Absolutely no problem cooking with protein powder at all!

Not at all.

I don't make these much anymore, but a simple protein pancake recipe would be like:

-1 scoop protein powder
-1 cup of oats (Grind them up until they are a fine powder.)
-Egg whites (Add as much as you need until you get a pancake batter consistency)

Absolutely no problem cooking with protein powder at all!
Thanks bro. I appreciate your input

i have been using protein powder in my eggs and oatmeal for years... what i do with my eggs is as soon as they finish cooking, i turn off the stove and immediately put protein in them... i let them sit about 3 minutes and start to slowly mix them in, very delicately with a spatula... it turns out great.. .oatmeal is easy because you just mix it in after it cooks, but i have been doing this for a very long time

i have been using protein powder in my eggs and oatmeal for years... what i do with my eggs is as soon as they finish cooking, i turn off the stove and immediately put protein in them... i let them sit about 3 minutes and start to slowly mix them in, very delicately with a spatula... it turns out great.. .oatmeal is easy because you just mix it in after it cooks, but i have been doing this for a very long time
Thank you very much bro. I appreciate it. I will use this starting today.

Just make sure you have a whey protein that has whey concentrate in it. Pure whey protein isolate doesmt work for cooking....at all. Most powders do have a isolate/concentrate blend unless its labeled as pure whey protein isolate.

I like using MTS wheys cake batter protein when I make protein pancakes. Tastes great and mixes easy

Just make sure you have a whey protein that has whey concentrate in it. Pure whey protein isolate doesmt work for cooking....at all. Most powders do have a isolate/concentrate blend unless its labeled as pure whey protein isolate.
Thanks for the help bro

i use all max nutrition isoflex birthday cake flavor... quest actually advertises theirs as being used for cooking and baking

I've seen that brand before but never tried it, I'm going to check it out now
all max isoflex is a little pricey brother, but its worth it... the birthday cake flavor is so good in eggs and oatmeal... its a few dollars cheaper on amazon and if you are a prime member you obviously save on the shipping too

all max isoflex is a little pricey brother, but its worth it... the birthday cake flavor is so good in eggs and oatmeal... its a few dollars cheaper on amazon and if you are a prime member you obviously save on the shipping too

Nice, I actually just got an Amazon gift card for Christmas. Thanks for the heads up

Top Bottom