napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Cheat meals

IND

I know a lot of guys on here like to have a cheat meal every week, month etc. I personally only have a cheat meal when I feel like it is needed. It may be once a week, it may be once a month.

But just so I am understanding the math and calories in vs. calories out theory. Let's say I am on a cut, and I cut calories by 1,000 a day. Sunday comes along and I am down 6k-7k calories for the week resulting in about a 2lb loss of fat correct? Now If I have a "cheat day" and take in 10k calories for the day, does that mean the whole weeks worth of progress is lost?

Again, I do not do this, more for the sake of discussion and to show that a "cheat day" is counterproductive and wreck less in my opinion. Or maybe I'm wrong and it's not as bad as I think...

well not really, when you eat 10k calories , a lot of that is going to be burned through the thermogenic effect that will have on your metabolism by suddenly putting that crazy amount of nutrients in your body, also a lot of that will be also stored in glycogen stores that been depleted during your deficit.

However, you are bound to put on fat on a 10k dirty cheat day, idc what you take, also a shit ton of water too.

I personally don't think cheat days are necessary at all, i personally do slip and have them because i guess i really just lack will power sometimes, but anybody that can do through a 12 week cut without a cheat meal, i absolutely respect, as cheat meals aren't necessary AT ALL.

"taz15" code for 15% off at checkout

I know a lot of guys on here like to have a cheat meal every week, month etc. I personally only have a cheat meal when I feel like it is needed. It may be once a week, it may be once a month.

But just so I am understanding the math and calories in vs. calories out theory. Let's say I am on a cut, and I cut calories by 1,000 a day. Sunday comes along and I am down 6k-7k calories for the week resulting in about a 2lb loss of fat correct? Now If I have a "cheat day" and take in 10k calories for the day, does that mean the whole weeks worth of progress is lost?

Again, I do not do this, more for the sake of discussion and to show that a "cheat day" is counterproductive and wreck less in my opinion. Or maybe I'm wrong and it's not as bad as I think...
Well, as Tazz said even though you have a 10,000 calorie day doesn't mean you necessarily erase a whole weeks worth of progress. Just as there's only so much muscle you can gain from protein intake in a day, there's only so much fat you can gain from caloric intake in a day.

It's still extremely counterproductive to have a binge fest cheat day because you will set yourself back to some degree. Cheat days are a terrible idea. Cheat meals however, when implemented into your diet plan correctly can be very beneficial. You should never let a cheat meal turn into a cheat day

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

I use to schedule my cheat meals every Saturday for dinner. But I realized a lot of the times I didn't even NEED or FEEL like I had to have it. Now I just listen to my body, if I start getting to the point where I am getting discouraged with my every day same boring meals, I will cheat a little. But I am also the type of guy who loves depriving myself of shit for some reason just to see how fucking strong and how much will power I have.

My wife and two kids will be at the table eating Pizza Hut and I'll be having Salmon and not even be mad about it

Thats my hardest hurdle. Cheat meals become cheat weekends for me. Trying different things to combat this currently. It isnt easy. At least you only said pizza. Last Thur someone posted a pic of one and I mowed down a small cheese after a great lift. Felt like an asshole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats my hardest hurdle. Cheat meals become cheat weekends for me. Trying different things to combat this currently. It isnt easy.

This is exactly why I do not like scheduled cheat meals. It is very hard for me to get motivated the next day/days to get back into training after I stuffed my face all day Saturday. I get into the "I'll start back on Monday" mindset

A planned cheat meal is very therapeutic to me. A whole day is just excessive and causes me guilt

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

i always find the day after a cheat meal to be hell with cravings worse than ever now that my body has that reminded taste of how good carbs really taste, so i really try to avoid it at all costs because i find it all around counter productive, but like i said , i can't sit here and say i never cheated, because i have.. multiple times, it just comes down to will power

"taz15" code for 15% off at checkout

This is exactly why I do not like scheduled cheat meals. It is very hard for me to get motivated the next day/days to get back into training after I stuffed my face all day Saturday. I get into the "I'll start back on Monday" mindset

Exactly! I started first by packing all meals for a week and leaving cash/debit card at home so I have no chance to cheat. On weekends its pizza and ice cream that f me up. Sometimes Ill just include those in my macros and not eat all freaking day just to eat em. Ridiculous in my opinion but Im like a heroin addict needin heroin when it comes to pizza

Thats my hardest hurdle. Cheat meals become cheat weekends for me. Trying different things to combat this currently. It isnt easy. At least you only said pizza. Last Thur someone posted a pic of one and I mowed down a small cheese after a great lift. Felt like an asshole.

There lies the problem with most people and why cheat meals get a bad name. A cheat meal should be just that. A meal not in excess and nothing more. A whole weekend of cheating won't allow you to make progress at all. You end up spinning your wheels

I don't need cheat meals as I follow IIFYM so I fit a slice a pizza in my day or a doughnut. I don't binge I can have an Oreo cookie like 2 and be satisfied this is why I am a pro IIFYM

I do a cheat day, because on dive days, I dont get to eat much. Plus thermogenics arent favorable when I'm in 45d water trying to keep warm for hours.
I might have something morning time, but my next meal may not again till evening. At best a banana, or a powerbar maybe during the day.

I dont binge horribly, probably around 3k calories that day, and its not total crap I eat either.

There lies the problem with most people and why cheat meals get a bad name. A cheat meal should be just that. A meal not in excess and nothing more. A whole weekend of cheating won't allow you to make progress at all. You end up spinning your wheels

AGREED! I still do fairly well when I screw myself on weekends but Im now in the process of switching cheats to more healthy choices like a big fat steak over pizza, etc.

10,000 calories ???? Maybe if you spend the afternoon in Mcdonalds. Think about it, I guess it's whatever makes you happy ! But 2 slices of quality pizza & some ice cream, I'm guilty but satisfied ,but not sick over it. A LITTLE satisfies just fine.

I do a cheat day, because on dive days, I dont get to eat much. Plus thermogenics arent favorable when I'm in 45d water trying to keep warm for hours.
I might have something morning time, but my next meal may not again till evening. At best a banana, or a powerbar maybe during the day.

I dont binge horribly, probably around 3k calories that day, and its not total crap I eat either.

That's not bad at all man. Besides that you are in an obviouos defecit on dive days, which justify a little more in your case

I don't need cheat meals as I follow IIFYM so I fit a slice a pizza in my day or a doughnut. I don't binge I can have an Oreo cookie like 2 and be satisfied this is why I am a pro IIFYM

I am a huge supporter of IIFYM and I do the same, but I do still eat most of my meals with "clean" food.

I am a huge supporter of IIFYM and I do the same, but I do still eat most of my meals with "clean" food.

90% is clean for me Nd the rest I fit in this kills my cravings to cheat and binge

Ill check out IIFYM. U guys have a preferred app or do u pencil paper it?

Top Bottom