napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Carb Spill Over FACT or Fiction?

ironlifter36

I been doing some reading and come across a few articles talking about carb spill over. I do not have the article to link at the moment, but have read several over the course of a year. I seem confused at the concept of the body storing energy as fat while in a maintenance or deficit state. Based on the principle of calories vs. calories out, if my TDEE is 2500cal and I consume 2500cal, I break even. No weight gain, no weight loss. Understood, that's simple. What the article said was that once glycogen stores were filled in both the liver and muscles, excess carbs would spill over into fat stores regardless of a surplus or deficit. Is this true? I am hoping some of you more experienced guys can shed some light on this.

I been doing some reading and come across a few articles talking about carb spill over. I do not have the article to link at the moment, but have read several over the course of a year. I seem confused at the concept of the body storing energy as fat while in a maintenance or deficit state. Based on the principle of calories vs. calories out, if my TDEE is 2500cal and I consume 2500cal, I break even. No weight gain, no weight loss. Understood, that's simple. What the article said was that once glycogen stores were filled in both the liver and muscles, excess carbs would spill over into fat stores regardless of a surplus or deficit. Is this true? I am hoping some of you more experienced guys can shed some light on this.
If you are at a maintenence or defecit level, carb spill over is impossible if you have a sensible macro ratio. It wouldn't make sense to have an ass load of carbs at those caloric levels because obviously that would make protein and fat content lower.

But to answer your question if your carbs were higher and other macros were lower at a maintenance or defecit level you won't gain fat....though it makes no sense at all to diet like that

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Thanks RedMorkai and RickRock for your responses. What you guys said makes sense and didn't think of it like that. The reduction of carbs during a deficit makes spill over impossible.

Thanks RedMorkai and RickRock for your responses. What you guys said makes sense and didn't think of it like that. The reduction of carbs during a deficit makes spill over impossible.
Ya man, that is something to be more concerned about with bulking. Controlling carb intake so you don't spill over and add fat is crucial when lean bulking

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Top Bottom