napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Can over training impact weight loss

This maybe a little long winded but I'd like for people to understand where I am before they respond to my question. Some may know I did a log for Hipo from October until January. I put on about 20lbs and hit all of my strength goals I set for myself. My bloods came back shitty unfortunately but I've been thinking about that and will up my aromasin intake to try to better control my estrogen levels. During that cycle all the way through last week, I dedicated myself to going to the gym 7 days a week. I do a cycle once a year and there's no way I'm wasting the impact of AAS by missing a day. For the most part....I've done that unless circumstances lead to missing a day.

I also quietly dedicated myself to really dieting well for the whole year. I decided to go low carb and its going really well. I went the first 6 weeks of the year without a cheat day at all.....with plans of coming off for the Super Bowl. I executed that plan and for the most part have been pretty good with the diet. Life certainly gets in the way but one day hasn't led to weeks of shitty eating. That has led to me going from 270 at the end of my cycle to getting as low as 250. I currently sit at 260...which was a huge surprise because a few people at the gym have commented on how lean I'm looking. I know scale isn't whole story so I'm not that worried.

The same day I weighed in, I went to the gym for my cardio day. I went on the elliptical for about 5 minutes and wasn't feeling it. I went less impact and walked...barely did 15 minutes...just wasn't feeling it....feet were hurting....no motivation. Got off, did some abs...again, no motivation. Never felt like this but I'm pretty certain its over training. Decided after that I need to give myself the weekends off (even though that was going to happen in a month due to work) to give myself some recovery time.

Now you have the whole picture. Any chance my over training may have stalled weight loss? Just curious on thoughts.

Dude, why in the hell are you training 7 days a fucking week? When do you expect to ever recover or grow?

You grow in the kitchen and while resting. Not in the gym. You are overdoing it big time bro. You need to cut that shit back. I wouldn't train more than 5 days a week

Thanks for the video Dylan....appreciate it.

Rick, you're absolutely right. Its like Dylan says to start the video...we know better but we do it anyway. So true...I'm guilty of it.

The same day I weighed in, I went to the gym for my cardio day. I went on the elliptical for about 5 minutes and wasn't feeling it. I went less impact and walked...barely did 15 minutes...just wasn't feeling it....feet were hurting....no motivation. Got off, did some abs...again, no motivation. Never felt like this but I'm pretty certain its over training.

Those symptoms are classic over training symptoms. Train less days or have "easy" days and "hard' days. A whole week deload may be beneficial at this point. Sounds like you already knew what the problem is, it's just hard to tell ourselves we need to go easier sometimes.

The way most people train 7 days a week is too much . I train 7 days a week sometimes twice a day but very specifally targeting different areas . legs 3 times a week . but one session55 is almost entirely hamstrings other quads one high volume with emphasis on glutes and calves. Nutrition is very specific too this also . But I'm at an advanced level and I no longer respond too normal training I have too really brutalise a muscle and I need too devote the entire workout too that muscle too do that also I'm not doing high volume work it is a hit heavy weight 8 rep range but doing 12. with assistance all sets past failure . 45 min I'm done out of the gym .

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I see guys do 10 sets of bench its hilarious . do 4 my way you won't be able too lift the bar anymore

That's why most don't grow way too much volume and hardly any real intensity

Bump Rick.

Bump Gymjunkie. If you "do" 12 reps & put the bar or dumbbells down then you just wasted 30 seconds of your life. Last 4-5 reps should have you red in the face and struggling like you're trying to lift a car off of your kids.

Thanks for the video Dylan....appreciate it.

Rick, you're absolutely right. Its like Dylan says to start the video...we know better but we do it anyway. So true...I'm guilty of it.
its okay man but you have to get that under control or you will never achieve anything man... its very very detrimental... 5 days is plenty man... your body is screaming for a break if you are training like a beast for 5 days... trust me... you are WAY overdoing and all you are doing is wasting your time and making things worse...

Also when I'm training like that its not for weight loss its for muscle growth and I'm eating the part its 50 p and 60 carbs 15 fats every 2 hours and slamming Karbolyn and aminos intra workout . no way in hell I'd be doing that in a calorie deficit that's nuts

Too many guys want to add size and be peeled @ the same time. It doesn't work that way unless you're some type of genetic freak.

I was guilty of that nonsense in my younger days.

The time comes when you have to carry some bodyfat, you have to carry some water weight, that's how you move more weight in the gym, and that's how you grow.

Then you shape and shred what you have.

Be uncomfortable.

i think we have all been there when it comes to overtraining and i sympathize because i know how difficult it is but one day you just have to really sit and think to yourself what you need to do and get under control... you just have to make yourself do it... easier said than done and it took me far too long to get it but eventually, we all do...

Top Bottom