napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

calories, how much while on cycle?

Sonics

Hi, I know everyone is different but curious to see what people do and if they have recommendations for myself.

I'm 35, I'm 5 foot 11 and weigh 80kg, I've done cycles before in the past.

I'm starting my cycle in Nov, 600 test and 600 deca for 15 weeks

At this current time I'm eating at a calories deficit to shed some left over body fat around my stomach, I don't have heaps to lose, it's the stubborn last bit of belly fat.

i started doing intermittent fasting two weeks ago as well.

My main question is, when I start my cycle, I will need to up my calories to gain size, I've cut out all take away, I don't drink or smoke, I'm eating healthy foods.

How much calories should I consume during my cycle that can put on lean size without putting heaps of fat on me in the process.

Previous cycles, I would just eat and eat, get big but would just look really bulky and would end up putting fat back on.

You plan on cutting right up to your cycle then bulk? If you're eating at a deficit then go directly to a surplus your body is going to want to hold on those extra calories in the beginning. I'd give yourself a few weeks at maintenance then transition to a bulk.

i would also recommend making a smooth transition... slowly go back to maintenance, at least 4 weeks, then maybe bump 100-150 over and transition up to 250...

So deficit up until cycle.

First 4 weeks start eating at maintenance level.

Then gradually surplus.

Say I’m eating 2000 calories now, I bump it up to 2500 for maintenance and then after 4 weeks I try and get myself to around 3000, I should be able to put on size while keeping the fat to a minimum? Or should I be eating more than 3000 while in surplus mode for the cycle?

Thanks

Last edited:
So deficit up until cycle.

First 4 weeks start eating at maintenance level.

Then gradually surplus.

Say I’m eating 2000 calories now, I bump it up to 2500 for maintenance and then after 4 weeks I try and get myself to around 3000, I should be able to put on size while keeping the fat to a minimum? Or should I be eating more than 3000 while on cycle?
That sounds about right granted you have calculated your maintenance accurately.

this is all theory dude... you are asking people to tell you things that we truly cant answer... in theory its correct but i have no clue if you will or will not gain fat... i know my body responds far differently and i could never eat certain amounts over maintenance without it turning into to unwanted gain... however some people most certainly can... YOU and YOU ALONE are going to have to figure it out... i can give you a guideline to follow but in no way does that ensure its going to be accurate for everyone..

this is all theory dude... you are asking people to tell you things that we truly cant answer... in theory its correct but i have no clue if you will or will not gain fat... i know my body responds far differently and i could never eat certain amounts over maintenance without it turning into to unwanted gain... however some people most certainly can... YOU and YOU ALONE are going to have to figure it out... i can give you a guideline to follow but in no way does that ensure its going to be accurate for everyone..
True... It takes some trial and error and tweaks.

That sounds about right granted you have calculated your maintenance accurately.

Thanks guys, I understand what you guys mean and everyone responds different.

Was just looking for the best way to go ahead with it and I’ll adjust accordingly

Ya my friend everyone’s body is different something your juts going to have to find it for yourself but ull get it right in time

Top Bottom