napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Calories burned through cardio?

Bigtones74

Hey guys,
I’m just wondering if you should take the calories you burn through cardio, and subtract it from your total calories for the day?

So what I mean is on MyFitnessPal, my maintance calories is like 3300. But I burned 300 cals through cardio today. So MyFitnessPal is telling me my maintance is 3300 plus the 300 I burned, so it’s really 3600?

Should I follow this or should I just stick with my maintance of 3300?

Hey guys,
I’m just wondering if you should take the calories you burn through cardio, and subtract it from your total calories for the day?

So what I mean is on MyFitnessPal, my maintance calories is like 3300. But I burned 300 cals through cardio today. So MyFitnessPal is telling me my maintance is 3300 plus the 300 I burned, so it’s really 3600?

Should I follow this or should I just stick with my maintance of 3300?

I never input my exercises in MyFitnessPal just put you macros. Don’t over complicate things. Stick to your maint kcals if 3300 is keeping you at maint then eat 3300 if you are doing cardio and you are losing or gaining weight adjust from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouodmt worry about trying to overcomlicate things from your activity level. For one, the calorie counters on cardio machines aren't accurate at all. You just need to eat the macros for your caloric target and if you don't progress towards the goal you are after you adjust up or down on calories based on the result you are after

Calorie counters are calculators where they make a lot of assumptions based on the typical population. If you are on this site, you are an outlier.

Top Bottom