napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

BUN and BUN/Creatinine ratio levels

motozone

I recently had bloodwork done and had high BUN (30 mg/dL) and BUN/Creatinine Ratio (29) levles. My question is, have others received numbers this high? I've read high protein diet can elevate these numbers.

Can you provide the reference values of the test as well? What was the range...

I had a high BUN when loading protein at about 385grams/day. BUN was a 27 on a 6 - 24 scale if I recall correctly.

Mine normally comes in 1 to 2 points high. Slightly elevated values are generally exercise/workout related from what I read.

Can you provide the reference values of the test as well? What was the range...

I had a high BUN when loading protein at about 385grams/day. BUN was a 27 on a 6 - 24 scale if I recall correctly.
BUN 6-24 mg/dL
BUN/Creatinine ratio 9-20

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

What's your protein intake for the day? Water intake? Are you taking any supplements?

What's your protein intake for the day? Water intake? Are you taking any supplements?
Protein was pretty high, about 200 - 250 grams/day. I was taking APS Mesomorph, GAT Jetfuse and Dark Storm Nutrition Pre Workout. Probably too much creatine. I had been on a high water intake of 2 gal per day. After that, though, I went through a dehydration period of 2 days. I may have upset some of my kidney function because the dehydration felt pretty tough. The blood test was a week after.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Top Bottom