napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Body fat % question

Sasquatch012

I have been working on lowering my body fat slowly all year. At about 18% I made my first post enquiring information about steroid use. After some discussion I decided to wait tell I was down to 15-16% bodyfat.
With a goal bodyfat of 12% in mind. I am a powerlifter, and dont want to get to the point that my bodyfat is so low that my lifts suffer.
Well today I did my BF caliper with the 3 point method I have been using. It gave me a reading of 12.7%. I decided to question that. Using the J&P 7 point method as i have become lean enough for this method is to be an option. The result was 12.3%. My wife agrees with the findings visually due to my vascular arms, and shoulders. However I am a little disappointed. I was hoping for there to be some abdominal definition. Unfortunately I have only achieved minor definition in the very upper part of my abs. I know that there is no perfect way to measure body fat, and the results can look quite diffrent from person to person. But I would love to at this point in my life have some abs just for the hell of it. If I reset my goal to 10% bodyfat. Should I be able to achieve this goal without sacrificing to much strength?

Ronnie Coleman was a natural bodybuilder/Powerlifter for years and he was lean. I personally don't think that being fat helps. Size/muscle most definitely.

I'd love to see a picture of your 12%... Super curious

Ronnie Coleman was a natural bodybuilder/Powerlifter for years and he was lean. I personally don't think that being fat helps. Size/muscle most definitely.

I'd love to see a picture of your 12%... Super curious
I for sure wont be posting pictures for privacy reasons. I dont think its 12% just biased of photos of other people at 12%. But like I said i know it can be inaccurate. I will tell you. I am much leaner than when I started and havent lost a lb of bw, and my lifts are going up. Your gear is legit for sure.
Having extra body weight seems to help me alot in my squats. I lost 40lbs in my squats when I began cutting a decent amount. My other lifts wernt as effected. I am almost back to my pre cut squat weight 6 weeks into my cycle. Everybody is different. I know people that have cut weight and there deadlifts go up. But as a whole. That's why there are weight classes. If I could compete at 220lbs without losing strength I would. But 242 is my sweet spot,

Also I have only seen one video of Ronnie competing, and if he was natural doing that 700lb deadlift. I would be amazed. He was pretty massive. Dont get me wrong. Ronnie colman is one of the most genetically gifted people to walk the planet. But he would have dwarfed any ipf lifter in muscularity. (Not sure if I'm allowed to mention ipf or usapl here. Lol!)

No that 700lb lift was not natural but he was natural for a very long time before using steroids. He was a powerlifter before he became a bodybuilder. He didn't start using steroids until he completed in The Olympia. He actually turned pro natural.

No that 700lb lift was not natural but he was natural for a very long time before using steroids. He was a powerlifter before he became a bodybuilder. He didn't start using steroids until he completed in The Olympia. He actually turned pro natural.

DAMN! Yea he is amazing for sure. It's sad to see how he is now. He seemed larger than life back in the day.

Just genetics. Sounds like you store more around the waist then others. I store nothing at all on my legs or butt. 90% is waist and under my arm pits.

Top Bottom