napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Body fat and older men

Lexxxus

So I have a question. I’ve been training 30 years and generally have switched up my diet as years go on but never my philosophy (during my SARMS cycle I use a meal prep service at Golds) I’m preparing for my SARMS cycle (4th successful cycle) and generally I like to lower my body fat before I start
Age 56
Height 5’9”
Weight 197 (Ectomorph)
Body fat 15%
Years of training 30
When talking to a friend of mine, he said at 56, I shouldn’t diet to single digit bf. My question is, at 56, should I maintain a higher bf % than someone at 30, or does it matter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I have a question. I’ve been training 30 years and generally have switched up my diet as years go on but never my philosophy (during my SARMS cycle I use a meal prep service at Golds) I’m preparing for my SARMS cycle (4th successful cycle) and generally I like to lower my body fat before I start
Age 56
Height 5’9”
Weight 197 (Ectomorph)
Body fat 15%
Years of training 30
When talking to a friend of mine, he said at 56, I shouldn’t diet to single digit bf. My question is, at 56, should I maintain a higher bf % than someone at 30, or does it matter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Age really has little to do with it. A safe healthy bodyfat level is virtually the same for everyone. I think the 8-12% range is a good place to be overall if you want to be lean and healthy. I stay around 9 to 10% myself now, and I'm 44.

I'm 48... 12% when I'm cruising and usually get down to 10% on a recomp cycle. Never been able to get lower than that.

i agree with rick.. i'll be honest with you... i stayed at 6% body fat for years and i was NOT healthy... i was always angry, always felt tired etc... im more at 8% now and i feel A LOT better... its NOT sustainable that low and i did it far too long and wont ever do it again

Top Bottom