napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Blood Donation

sanders

Is there any difference for Blood Donation Benefits while on cycle between "Regular" Donation vs Platelet Donation??? Do they take less or more blood for one vs the other, are there any other considerations while making a donation????

I donate every 8 weeks ... plus I feel better after donating and sleep like a baby too

Appreciated guys...any other comments are welcome. Im trying to figure out optimal for benefits whilst on cycle. Test and Primo. Ive been trying to research it but to no concise understanding. What I called "regular" donation on first post, is in fact "Whole Blood", which is one pint of whole blood. They are reaching out to me specifically for "Platelets" donation which Ive given in past, which takes the same amount of blood, but from what I understand, it returns RBC's to donor, whilst harvesting more so for platelets specifically. Is one of the goals for "On Cycle" donation to reduce RBC's? Or not? Anyone more well versed would be appreciated to chime in. Thanks fellas...

platelets is NOT NECESSARY... thats the one you actually get paid for and they are just trying to get more out of you... ITS NOT NECESSARY at all...

You are probably talking about double RBC which takes double the red blood cells and returns your plasma to you.

Those are good to do time to time especially if RBC is on the high side, but normal donation is whole blood

Thanks Rock and DG. PS Rick, Double Red BC is something different than platelets...just fyi
Yes I'm aware it's completely different, hence my post...but red cross typically pushes for double red blood cells when they can get them due to demand, not platelets, which sounds makes a lot more sense with what you were talking about. Odd that they would even mention platelets

I've been donating every 8 weeks for several years, so I'm pretty familiar with all of it lol

Thanks Rock and DG. PS Rick, Double Red BC is something different than platelets...just fyi
just remember, platelets is something they pay you for so clearly there is a high demand for it... dont do it without getting paid LOL

I usually just do a regular blood donation and my RBC is on the higher side so I have to be sure and donate regularly.

Matter of fact, I need to go in the next day or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know every time I go they beg for me to do the platelets. I don't is because it takes 2 hours or so to do. You can donate platelets ever two weeks...They don't keep any blood from what they told me so it not good for high RBC. I go every 8 weeks to donate blood and yes it does make me feel better also. Like changing oil in car I guess...just does. Get them to tell you what they use the platelets for...I really should try and donate to that cause. Most of it is used for like young kid cancer patients. And from what they tell me there is always a shortage. I think I recall them telling me that one platelet donation would equal one years worth of blood donation. So when you donate 1 pint or whatever they take...only very few platelets in that pint. Plus it only good for a very short time. So it goes strait to use. I ask questions...lol...beats just sitting there with a thing stuck in your arm...lol.

Some of the best sleep I ever get is after giving blood. Usually my workout the next day is pretty awesome as well

I had been donating on a regular basis and now I have low iron so I have to stop for a while.

I know every time I go they beg for me to do the platelets. I don't is because it takes 2 hours or so to do. You can donate platelets ever two weeks...They don't keep any blood from what they told me so it not good for high RBC. I go every 8 weeks to donate blood and yes it does make me feel better also. Like changing oil in car I guess...just does. Get them to tell you what they use the platelets for...I really should try and donate to that cause. Most of it is used for like young kid cancer patients. And from what they tell me there is always a shortage. I think I recall them telling me that one platelet donation would equal one years worth of blood donation. So when you donate 1 pint or whatever they take...only very few platelets in that pint. Plus it only good for a very short time. So it goes strait to use. I ask questions...lol...beats just sitting there with a thing stuck in your arm...lol.
they always try to get more out of people which is fine but last time i went, they just did shit without asking me and that really pissed me off... taking a higher amount than what was set up etc... i dont like the shady shit like that...

I think they do get the use out of most of the whole blood donations they take. Sort of, as in they can only hold the donations for so long, and therefore they must have a continuous influx of donations. And the platelet donations, would be the equivalent of 8 whole blood donations, as far as the platelets are concerned, but they still make use of the remainder of the whole blood donations. They end up separating the the cells when they take whole blood, where as platelet donations are just that...platelets, and one platelet recipient would be 8 whole blood donors amount of separated platelets, or 1 platelet donor. So I think that yes, for the purposes of on cycle benefit that the whole blood donation may be the best scenario. This is what i gathered from reading some of there material at least.

I think they do get the use out of most of the whole blood donations they take. Sort of, as in they can only hold the donations for so long, and therefore they must have a continuous influx of donations. And the platelet donations, would be the equivalent of 8 whole blood donations, as far as the platelets are concerned, but they still make use of the remainder of the whole blood donations. They end up separating the the cells when they take whole blood, where as platelet donations are just that...platelets, and one platelet recipient would be 8 whole blood donors amount of separated platelets, or 1 platelet donor. So I think that yes, for the purposes of on cycle benefit that the whole blood donation may be the best scenario. This is what i gathered from reading some of there material at least.
Whole blood donation is definitely the best overall to keep everything regulated, and what I wpukd recommend the majority of the time. When RBC rises high, doubles might be a better option too which I do maybe once or twice per year

Top Bottom