napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

BF%

What is the best way to configure BF% ?

The absolute way is underwater weighing. For most of us, getting used to calipers works good enough. As you learn the calipers you will know what time of day and what areas you need to measure.

The absolute way is underwater weighing. For most of us, getting used to calipers works good enough. As you learn the calipers you will know what time of day and what areas you need to measure.

this is exactly spot on... underwater is definitely the best... everything else will be greatly skewed...

you have to use tinypic.com or any other photo website then upload it to that site copy and paste the im message board address to the thread. kinda sounds hard but not really once you get the hang of it

If you have access, time and the money try this route, you can actually have it broken down per body part if you wish: DEXA (Dual-Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry)... think of an x-ray machine that can measure bone mineral density, lean body mass and fat mass all in a matter of minutes and you stay dry. Calipers are okay, but subject to human error etc... You could buy a scale that checks bioelectrical impedance as well, they are relatively affordable so you can have it 24/7 at home, but it is less accurate than DEXA and Hydrostatic Weighing. I have a scale at home, paid like $45.00 for it. When I'm feeling like I'm near my target goal weight I opt for DEXA scans and they run for less than $150 a pop. Let's me get an idea of my composition overall, where my fat is and joint condition as well.

Calipers can be fairly accurate if done correctly. Obviously hydrostatic and Dexa scans are ideal, but not practical or cheap.

Get a good decent set of digital calipers and it will do the measuring and calculations for you. I have a set that works well and it was only like 40$

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Calipers can be fairly accurate if done correctly. Obviously hydrostatic and Dexa scans are ideal, but not practical or cheap.

Get a good decent set of digital calipers and it will do the measuring and calculations for you. I have a set that works well and it was only like 40$

Guess my recommendation was a bit overboard. I tend to take things to the extreme.

Calipers are fine man it's not gonna be that far off. This isn't rocket science.
Body fat only matters if you look like shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calipers are fine man it's not gonna be that far off. This isn't rocket science.
Body fat only matters if you look like shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol'd if you look like shit then bf shouldn't matter... only guys like us give two shits about bf. Fat fuckers never go around talking about 'I gotta drop two percent before summer hits!'. Fat fucks just grab another deep fried twinkie and keep it moving.

Lets put it this way..calipers are the most convieint.You can use them every day. I notice that the more you practice with them the better you get.Time of day, different areas of the body etc. Practice makes perfect.

Lets put it this way..calipers are the most convieint.You can use them every day. I notice that the more you practice with them the better you get.Time of day, different areas of the body etc. Practice makes perfect.

Agreed completely. I've got pretty good and decent at using mine, and it just takes a little getting used to. Once you have it down it's a pretty good method.

And it's always a good reference. If you measure the same every time, then you know any changes in your measurements are real changes in bodyfat. If it goes down 1% you know that's it is a real 1% change.

Caliper measurement are off too they always tell you your much leaner than you are . but they are consistant just look for the measurement too keep decreasing then you know your on the right track . but when it says you 6 percent bodyfat and you can barely see your abs and your legs arent seperated just understand thats not right

When the manager at Walmart hands you a blue vest and get to the entrance........time for a cut.....;)

Top Bottom