napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Best friend wants to commit suicide, HELP

The_Gat5

Bros,

I have no idea how to handle this. One of my best friends is talking about killing herself, she said her mind is made up. She's going to give me one last birthday with her (my bday is the 19th), then she's going to do it.
I've known this girl for over 6 yrs, she just fell on some hard times and now she feels completely hopeless. She already tried once about a year ago. I don't know what to do, I texted another mutual friend and i'm going to call her mom after work today. Has anyone dealt with this before? I'm pretty lost.

Call mental help services on her bro u have to get her help and get her to a place where she won't have an opportunity to kill herself and in a psych center mental hospital they can do that. If she is serious about killing herself then they can court order her to stay there and in there they can help her. Just get her in a place where she can't do it and the best place is probably a psych center. If your biggest worry is that she is without a doubt going to do it

No. But do take her seriously. Get her help asap. My brother took his life last june and we never had any idea he was going to do it. At least you know what she wants to do. Dont waste any time. Get her help fast

No. But do take her seriously. Get her help asap. My brother took his life last june and we never had any idea he was going to do it. At least you know what she wants to do. Dont waste any time. Get her help fast

yeah i don't think anyone else really knows, she only told me cause i know her so well.

Yeah call a crisis center on her man if she is serious this is the best u can do for her better safe than sorry

yeah i don't think anyone else really knows, she only told me cause i know her so well.
In all honesty she told you for a reason. She wouldn't have told you if she didn't want help or stopped. I say you need to get her help.

In all honesty she told you for a reason. She wouldn't have told you if she didn't want help or stopped. I say you need to get her help.

I agree with this. Ppl who really want to die wont tell anyone. They will just do it. Shes asking for help.

What happens with her job if she has to go stay somewhere?
OBV it's better than her killing herself, I'm just wondering.

What happens with her job if she has to go stay somewhere?
OBV it's better than her killing herself, I'm just wondering.

Bro, no one can answer that. And honestly, who gives a shit about her job. She is at a point in her life where she wants to die. She needs to get help and become stable.

And if her boss is considerate and understanding, he may very well give her some time off to get herself back together and hold her job. But regardless, her job is not the issue right now.

Call the suicide hotline and get her some professional help asap bro. This is terrible. I feel bad for her, and I feel bad for you bro to have this on your shoulders

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Call the suicide hotline and get her some professional help asap bro. This is terrible. I feel bad for her, and I feel bad for you bro to have this on your shoulders

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

There's gotta be a reason all this happens, I'm glad she told me, I can handle it.
I'm gonna call the hotline when I take lunch in a bit. Fortunately she promised me another 9 days so I've got a chance to help her.

I wouldnt hesitate to call! Hey, lets say she wasnt serious and is pissed at you...still better to be safe than sorry bro.

My mother took her life in 2008. I was only 21. That was hard to deal with. We had no idea it was coming. I always knew she was kinda Looney but had no idea the extent. Get her help ASAP. Suicide effects everyone around the individual.

she needs to be Baker acted. call the police or ambulance and if she states that to them they will Baker act her. I know most that are suicidal you would never even know it is out of the blue, like JM's brother last year. I will say a lot of people who talk about it are just looking for attention, however if she tries and is successful you wil never forgive yourself so just do the right thing and talk to local law enforcement.

If you're concerned get help. You know the person and can judge their ability to follow through. Two examples:
A. Had a NCO threaten suicide while I was away at a remote location in Afghanistan checking on two teams I had. I came back and they took his ammunition because he threatened suicide. That was absolutely stupid as he could've easily taken a loose round out of my desk, or off one of the team and done the job. I saw him later that evening and asked if he was serious. He said he was and I asked why he still had his weapon then. He cited that the Sergeant Major talked him out of the immediate idea of initially ventilating his skull top, but that he was now incapable of going on stalks because he now worked for the Sergeant Major and still wanting to end his life. I asked him to get his rifle and he went and got it and handed it to me. I chambered one of my rounds in it and handed it to him and said "do it". The look in his eyes was one of horror and mortification. He was lying. He just didn't want to be out the wire for days and weeks on end waiting on a high value target... he was a pussy. He gave me the round back and went and told on me. Lol... pussy. Of course me being me I denied it and it was dropped.
B. Had another NCO about to be kicked out the service for not meeting height and weight standards that threatened suicide. I took him straight to the hospital and had him placed on suicide watch then admitted after the docs determined he was capable and serious. I spent a lot of long hours at the hospital visiting this one. No spouse, two kids we had to contact his parents and all to come get them. 4 months later happy as can be discharged out the service after 18 years at 100% disability rating and retirement pay at his pay grade. That cheered him up... got to retire two years early, with a few grand a month extra because he was determined to be screwed up in the head. Only condition was in 5 years he was to be reevaluated and with suicide, you better not waltz in the VA looking happy and content for that I imagine. Point is, you know your friend and her situation so make the right call which in this case is to get help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom