napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Best diet for a type 1 diabetic

BigJay23

So I got my blood work back and basically the reason why I haven't been having any good workouts for quite awhile is my diet- my diet is a good diet it was just the carbs and added sugar
I got diagnosed with type 1 diabetes with already being prone to it from family it's a big bummer already being a cancer survivor and I'm only 22....But I will push through it and find a way to overcome it with the help of you guys here and loved ones but my question is what's the best diet to get that fire back I once had to continue killing it in the gym and keep making gains?
A few people have told me Keto diet as that's very low carb and sugar with high protein and healthy fats but what kind of meal frequency, can I still do 6-8 small meals? And what about pre workout without carbs? Where will I get my energy?
Sorry for all the questions guys but thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keto isn't sustainable for a long period of time, super unhealthy for your blood pressure/cholesterol levels, keto should only be a short term fat loss.

I'd recommend you just limit sugar intake and you'll be fine

PHARMACOM Board Rep
Pharmacomstore.org
Worldwide Pharmacom Labs Official Distributor since 2008

keto isn't sustainable for a long period of time, super unhealthy for your blood pressure/cholesterol levels, keto should only be a short term fat loss.

I'd recommend you just limit sugar intake and you'll be fine

PHARMACOM Board Rep
Pharmacomstore.org
Worldwide Pharmacom Labs Official Distributor since 2008

The problem is carbs turn into sugar so I'm hearing that the Keto lifestyle is great for type 1 diabetics

Pwo without carbs tend to have LOTS of artificial sweeteners that are not good for anyone especially diabetics. I would really choose wisely when it comes to sugar free stuff. Things like aspartame have been proven to be able to cause diabetes just as easily as sugar. So don't buy into the "sugar free" hype of things.

There is a "healthy" pwo called honey badger that has no artificial sweeteners. It does have stevia or xylitol. Can't remember which it is. I like it. It's not the most powerful but it has decent ingredients. Fibrous carbs should be fine. Just try to stay away from fast acting sugars, but I'm sure that's diabetes 101 so I didn't need to tell you that.

Phurious Pharma Rep
[email protected]
Code JS5 for 5% off

The problem is carbs turn into sugar so I'm hearing that the Keto lifestyle is great for type 1 diabetics

Blood glucose levels still need to be regulated and maintained at a certain level. Do you have a glucometer, and if so do you monitor your blood sugar level?

Keto for long periods sucks it great for reversing type2 diabetes becaise insulin sensitivity is increased and blood sugar can be normalized again and it only needs too be done for a couple months . type one is an entirely differant creature not really even the same disease . this is life long for you . also wether in keto or not insulin is still needed for for nutient storage and you dont produce it .and using exogenous insulin on keto can be dangerous. I would go with a moderate carb diet stay away from sugar and eat primaraly low glycemic carbs with regular glucose monitering amd try too find that sweet spot where your humalin r is sufficant for blood sugar control and the fast acting isnt needed . after you figure that out youll be able too maintain stabily and continue your goals .And for bodybuilding purposes and recovery you may want too figure out a stadegy for post workout humalog dosing for recovery meal . but dont look too bodybuilding usage too find this because your not really doing the same thing you would be finding the proper dose too mimick your bodys natural insulin spike from a high carb post workout meal .if too high and blood sugar drops and then you have too load more carbs you cause fat storage plus the blood sugar rollercoaster is not good fpr you

Protein and fat also turn to sugar if you don't eat readily available sugar though.

Phurious Pharma Rep
[email protected]
Code JS5 for 5% off

Got ya so just stay low on GI and I should be fine is the consensus with natural organic foods but the general idea of Keto dieting with full fat foods good protein and low to moderate carb

Blood glucose levels still need to be regulated and maintained at a certain level. Do you have a glucometer, and if so do you monitor your blood sugar level?

I need to be this type 1 finally showed a few months ago which is weird 22 years into my life when it's usually found young like others in my family but the doc wants me to come in and get one and to start insulin administration
I just want to be as healthy as possible to feel great and kill it again

I've had type 1 for 6 years and have experimented with various ratios. The best advice I can give you is what ever you do, just be consistent. It may sound boring, but if you check your sugar levels before each meal and two hours after on a daily basis you will always have a good idea what your levels are and you won't go far wrong. With the exception of weekends I eat pretty much the same thing so my levels are always well controlled. You get to know exactly how much insulin you need for each serving of carbs. I'm currently on a a moderate carb intake eating at maintenance and I'm losing fat and gaining muscle on my first sarms stack from sarmsx. Insane strength gains too. One of the perks for us type 1s is we can really make the most of post work out meals, especially when bulking! It's a great window to get some fast carbs on board. Good luck! And if you ever need any help or advice let me know.

I've had type 1 for 6 years and have experimented with various ratios. The best advice I can give you is what ever you do, just be consistent. It may sound boring, but if you check your sugar levels before each meal and two hours after on a daily basis you will always have a good idea what your levels are and you won't go far wrong. With the exception of weekends I eat pretty much the same thing so my levels are always well controlled. You get to know exactly how much insulin you need for each serving of carbs. I'm currently on a a moderate carb intake eating at maintenance and I'm losing fat and gaining muscle on my first sarms stack from sarmsx. Insane strength gains too. One of the perks for us type 1s is we can really make the most of post work out meals, especially when bulking! It's a great window to get some fast carbs on board. Good luck! And if you ever need any help or advice let me know.

Thanks bro I know you know The deal dealing with this bad circulation dizziness and moodiness is horrible gotta figure out how to control it

Top Bottom