napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Bad protein?..

m555zma

What makes proteins like Syntha6 so bad? Is it the chemicals inside for preservation? Is thr bioavailability lower than other proteins? Why avoid Syntha6??

Real food bro... I don't even mess with protein powders anymore. Save your money and buy more groceries.

Thanks for the tip. I never use protein alone; I only mix it with food. Ex: 1 scoop protein+8oz egg whites+2 tbl peanut butter (all in blender)

Syntha6 is more of a treat imo. I think BSN came out with a syntha6 isolate that's probably better quality.

Real food bro... I don't even mess with protein powders anymore. Save your money and buy more groceries.

As you become more experienced this is what you learn. I keep powder just for the convenience factor (throw some in my oatmeal or have a shake at work) but I dont even take it after workouts.

Protein powders aren't regulated by the FDA. At least they never were. So these companies can just throw a whole bunch of shit in there.

There's a lot of differences in quality out there. You just have to know the differences. Syntha6 just has a lot of fat and empty calories in it, which makes it far from ideal. It's also not the greatest quality protein. Protein powders are supplements and should be used as such. There is absolutely nothing wrong with them and they are a great tool to help you achieve your protein goals. Trying to get 300 grams from whole food per day is not always feasible for me so I do a shake each day to pick up an easy 50 grams. Plus they whey protein works great post workout for fast absorption and replenishment.

What brand do you use

I've used several brands but one of my favorites for taste and quality is MTS whey from MTS nutrition at tiger fitness. It is GMP tested product and it's honestly the best tasting protein I've ever had. It's mostly my go to protein. The calorie content is higher than many at around 150 calories per scoop but I account for that into my macros. If I'm really cutting calories I might go with a different protein whey isolate to shave some calories off, but it's my personal go to favorite. My favorite lower calorie options are rivalus and Rule1 proteins. Both very solid choices and top notch quality. They are more expensive so I don't use them year round but will use them for a summer, etc when I'm looking for a low fat, low carb high quality whey product

Yes there are some companies out there that have top notch quality like true nutrition but you'll pay for it too. I take in all considerations when it comes to taste, quality, digestion, results and price and that's the main reason I stick with them. It's taken me a lot of trial and error with more companies than I can count to come to that conclusion.

I like Isopure by nature’s made (cookies and cream). 25 grams of protein per scoop for only 105 calories.

It’s hard for me to get all my protein from food so I use two scoops a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the Carnivor protein now as regular whey makes me sick for some reason I developed an inability to digest it about 2 years ago. I only take it at night close to bed time just because it’s a quick meal that I can drink real quick and get a lil boost in protein I eat all day real food and am always on top of my meat and rice.

My current favorite is ON performance whey protein isolate. When weightlifting I need 320-350g of protein per day to fully recover, and I can’t eat all of that with food. I’m doing mostly interval training (Beachbody insanity) to cut right now, so I need ~200g per day.

For the last year I’ve been getting muscle techs nitro tech whey gold.

Macros per scoop aren’t bad, p-24, c-2, f-2.

Bodybuilding.com always has a deal buy one get one half off so I usually jump on that. They’re 5.5 pounds too, so you’re getting 11 pounds of protein for like $85 which is a steal. I hope the quality is good, not sure how to tell.

you do understand how to read labels i assume right? also, most people are not privy to info of how the quality of protein is being used... i happen to be in that regard and i know that many of the mainstream proteins (not all, but most) are nowhere near the quality that you see from smaller speciality companies... they buy extreme bulk that is cheap powders from random places overseas, to sell them for cheaper and fulfill the bulk orders, which they could never do nor be profitable with a higher quality... the margins on protein powder are generally quite low and its not much in terms of being lucrative but bigger companies have to have them on hand, and if they have a powder that tastes great, it helps them sell other products, regardless of the quality it is, which most people would not have any concept about anyway

i also like true nutrition because its very high quality and you can design your own... allmax is also very very high quality... just remember that you get what you pay for

you do understand how to read labels i assume right? also, most people are not privy to info of how the quality of protein is being used... i happen to be in that regard and i know that many of the mainstream proteins (not all, but most) are nowhere near the quality that you see from smaller speciality companies... they buy extreme bulk that is cheap powders from random places overseas, to sell them for cheaper and fulfill the bulk orders, which they could never do nor be profitable with a higher quality... the margins on protein powder are generally quite low and its not much in terms of being lucrative but bigger companies have to have them on hand, and if they have a powder that tastes great, it helps them sell other products, regardless of the quality it is, which most people would not have any concept about anyway

Money in the bank ^^^^

Top Bottom