napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Back here after need advice please

Trenrage

Back here after awhile need advice please

Hello all,
It’s been awhile since I’ve posted here. I wanted to reach out to you all for help. Using steroids in the past is effecting me long term post use. 2 years ago or so I quit cold turkey mainly because I couldn’t afford it anymore. Ever since I’ve quit I’ve been more lethargic, it’s hard to get out of bed, I have a difficult time staying motivated in the gym, etc.... it‘s horrible. Surprisingly I’m still able to manage decent gains and strength. Still 200lbs at 10-12%, not as strong as I was when on gear but the strength is still there. I just want to feel great again... So, I go to my doctor and get my blood work done to test my test levels. They call me with results. Total test was at 231. I feel like this is a very low number for a 24 year old. Free test was also slightly below normal. I’m getting redrawn tomorrow and they said they were going to put me through an evaluation. I’m assuming they might put me on TRT. If they don’t put me on on trt should I do it myself? This is what I’m thinking I need to do for myself.
Test e 150mg per week
Low dose of ai

I know I fucked up doing steroids at a young age. But it’s a mistake made in the past that I’m trying to help myself with now. I’ll appreciate any help/advice

Last edited:
you need to go straight to an endocrinologist... not taking advice from anyone on the internet... the smartest thing to do is get the professional help and monitoring you need

you need to go straight to an endocrinologist... not taking advice from anyone on the internet... the smartest thing to do is get the professional help and monitoring you need
I agree with Dylan at your age it's best to do it the proper way.

Real good advice. Thanks for your input and along with everyone else. I will update y’all when I find out more

Thanks! @pon and rickrock.

Got redrawn today for my test levels, lh, and fsh. They said results should be in by mon or tues

Thanks @pon and rickrock!

Got redrawn today. They said they’d call me with results early next week. If it’s low again my doc said she’s referring me to a endocrinologist

Thanks Pon and RickRock!

Got redrawn today for test levels along with testing my lh and fsh. They said they were gonna call me early next week with results

New test levels came out to 196..... :/ they said they are having an endocrinologist contact me to set up an appt. hopefully asap

So I went to the endocrinologist. I told them my entire history with steroids. She looked at my bloodwork and thinks the problem is coming from my high tsh. On one lab test it was at a 5. She said that was the reason for my current low t, not from doing steroids in the past. She said the body naturally recovers its testosterone on its own after cycle. Not sure how much I believe that..... she told me she was going to put me on thyroid medication to normalize my tsh. But first she wanted to check my tsh again so then she ordered a redraw to check out my tsh again. I get drawn, it comes in at a 2. She tells me we are going to hold off on thyroid meds for now and to get drawn again after 4 weeks. It’s been a few weeks since my redraw now and I’m getting my tsh and testosterone checked AGAIN. This will be my 4th blood draw already. Hopefully my doctor can know what to do after these labs come in. Tbh she doesn’t seem like she knows what to do with me. She seemed against trt. And I honestly think I need TRT. A 191 test level feels like shit. I will self medicate if she doesn’t prescribe me any meds after this next re draw. So far so frustrated with this doctor.

Some doctors are very hesitant to put guys on Test unfortunately and I don’t get it. Gotta do what’s best for you man a test level that low is ridiculous I have no doubt You feel like shit. Maybe get a second opinion also. I suffer low T symptoms myself and def see a difference when I’m on Test and when I’m not.

So I went to the endocrinologist. I told them my entire history with steroids. She looked at my bloodwork and thinks the problem is coming from my high tsh. On one lab test it was at a 5. She said that was the reason for my current low t, not from doing steroids in the past. She said the body naturally recovers its testosterone on its own after cycle. Not sure how much I believe that..... she told me she was going to put me on thyroid medication to normalize my tsh. But first she wanted to check my tsh again so then she ordered a redraw to check out my tsh again. I get drawn, it comes in at a 2. She tells me we are going to hold off on thyroid meds for now and to get drawn again after 4 weeks. It’s been a few weeks since my redraw now and I’m getting my tsh and testosterone checked AGAIN. This will be my 4th blood draw already. Hopefully my doctor can know what to do after these labs come in. Tbh she doesn’t seem like she knows what to do with me. She seemed against trt. And I honestly think I need TRT. A 191 test level feels like shit. I will self medicate if she doesn’t prescribe me any meds after this next re draw. So far so frustrated with this doctor.

Will be interesting to hear on the TSH part.

My test has been a little low as of late (not as low as yours) and my TSH has been elevated around the 5 level so def post up what they say!

Man sorry to hear you're getting a run around on this. If your current endocrinologist can't satisfactorily resolve this, it might be worth seeking a second opinion if possible.

Okay so I got another update. I got my lab work rechecked again a couple days ago. I spoke with the doctors office today. Thyroid came out normal. Test level was a bit better, at 250. Still not good at all in my eyes. It was probably a good day for my test level since it probably fluctuates between 191-200+. my doctor left a note for the person who called me to tell me ?labs look good, how does he feel? I told them a 250 test level isn?t good and that it has been low as 191. I said these are very low numbers for someone my age. I need test replacement and that is the only thing that will make me feel better and that is the only way I?ll feel like myself again. I told her on the phone I still feel like shit and nothing has changed. She noted it all down and said she?d pass it on to the doctor and they?d call me tomorrow and give me an answer about TRT. I have my doubts my doctor will come through for me but we?ll see.

Thanks everyone for chiming in.

And I?m not sure how to quote multiple people from my phone on one post so I?ll do it this way.
@rusingdsgainz I?m glad you know how I feel! Low t definitely is a shitty feeling. I barely make it to the gym anymore and this is not like me. My doctor tried telling me low t won?t make me feel like shit. That it was my high tsh making me feel that way... smh. But now my tsh is normal and I still feel the same way. She?s an idiot.

@awm now my tsh is normal. Came in at a 2. So I?m happy about that part at least.

@pon Yeah I feel that it?s been dragged on and she cares more about the tests than me or what?s best for me. Getting into a 2nd endocrinologist isn?t a bad idea but we will see if I can manage to get trt from my current one first. I?ll find out tomorrow. I?m getting impatient these days....

Okay so I got another update. I got my lab work rechecked again a couple days ago. I spoke with the doctors office today. Thyroid came out normal. Test level was a bit better, at 250. Still not good at all in my eyes. It was probably a good day for my test level since it probably fluctuates between 191-200+. my doctor left a note for the person who called me to tell me ?labs look good, how does he feel? I told them a 250 test level isn?t good and that it has been low as 191. I said these are very low numbers for someone my age. I need test replacement and that is the only thing that will make me feel better and that is the only way I?ll feel like myself again. I told her on the phone I still feel like shit and nothing has changed. She noted it all down and said she?d pass it on to the doctor and they?d call me tomorrow and give me an answer about TRT. I have my doubts my doctor will come through for me but we?ll see.

Thanks everyone for chiming in.

And I?m not sure how to quote multiple people from my phone on one post so I?ll do it this way.
@rusingdsgainz I?m glad you know how I feel! Low t definitely is a shitty feeling. I barely make it to the gym anymore and this is not like me. My doctor tried telling me low t won?t make me feel like shit. That it was my high tsh making me feel that way... smh. But now my tsh is normal and I still feel the same way. She?s an idiot.

@awm now my tsh is normal. Came in at a 2. So I?m happy about that part at least.

@pon Yeah I feel that it?s been dragged on and she cares more about the tests than me or what?s best for me. Getting into a 2nd endocrinologist isn?t a bad idea but we will see if I can manage to get trt from my current one first. I?ll find out tomorrow. I?m getting impatient these days....

Yea dude hopefully the endo prescibes you TRT or find another endo and glad to see TSH is back down!

TSH can be elevated from things as simple as anti-inflammatories so next bloods I run hoping that mine is back down as I have have some back issues as of late and doc has me on 500mg naproxen which I hate taking but no other option right now.

Last option would be a TRT clinic not sure if you have those around?

Top Bottom