napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Aspirin as an option to giving blood?

gratmat

Hi folks,

Thanks in advance for the helpful information that I always receive whenever I ask here!

My stats -

43 yrs old
Height 5'11
Weight 96kg/211 pounds
11% bodyfat
Been using gear seriously for the last two years, currently running - Test E 500mg/wk, Deca 500mg/wk and EQ 500mg/wk.

I've never given blood in my life and likewise would never accept a blood transfusion so I'm keen to find other ways to get around
having too many RBC's. I know EQ is renowned for increasing red blood cells in a major way. Would you recommend taking a small
dose of aspirin (100mg) a day while on cycle instead of giving blood? Does anyone out there do this?

Bro that is not going to do what you need it to. Aspirin help to thin the blood, but it does not lower RBC or hematocrit. It doesn't change your blood values. I don't know what your reason is for not accepting or giving blood, unless maybe it's religious reasons or whatever, but I just need you to understand that using aspirin doesmt actually change anything about high levels of RBC, and you are basically just trying to mask a problem. If you can't or won't give blood maybe you should avoid EQ

I take baby aspirin every day but you still need to donate blood especially with compounds like Boldenone.

The mode of action of aspirin is to decrease platelet aggregation. Platelets are the components in blood which in essence clump together and allow a clot to form.

When you take aspirin it prevents the platelets from aggregating (coming together) hence decreases clot formation.

As Rick said ASA (aspirin) will not alter your hematocrit ( the percentage of solid particles in blood). While ASA will somewhat mitigate clot formation when the hematocrit is too high ASA is of little if any help.

If your hematocrit is too high you need to have a therapeutic phlebotomy (give blood).

If you have a religious issue with blood donation you will after a search find sources to allow you to do your own phlebotomy at home. Kits are available however 2 issues

1. Waste of blood somebody could use

2. If you have never stuck a big ass 16 gauge needle in your vein best not to try this.

JMO.

Don't do it at home. Go to a Red Cross blood drive in a nice part of town. I don't blame you for not wanting a transfusion, but its safe to give blood. Going to a plasma center in the hood is not really my thing but the blood mobile at a school is not the same experience.

The mode of action of aspirin is to decrease platelet aggregation. Platelets are the components in blood which in essence clump together and allow a clot to form.

When you take aspirin it prevents the platelets from aggregating (coming together) hence decreases clot formation.

As Rick said ASA (aspirin) will not alter your hematocrit ( the percentage of solid particles in blood). While ASA will somewhat mitigate clot formation when the hematocrit is too high ASA is of little if any help.

If your hematocrit is too high you need to have a therapeutic phlebotomy (give blood).

If you have a religious issue with blood donation you will after a search find sources to allow you to do your own phlebotomy at home. Kits are available however 2 issues

2. If you have never stuck a big ass 16 gauge needle in your vein best not to try this.

JMO.

Well said.

JMO.

Thanks for the post. A lot of people are unable to donate blood(including myself). Good to know it can still be done if necessary

JMO.
perfectly said... it cannot be broken down any better than this... thanks for the great post

One last thing:

If you cannot donate due to religion or medical issue such as prior history of hepatitis your doctor "may' write a script for a so called therapeutic phlebotomy if your HCT (hematocrit) is too high.

The lab simply draws off a unit of blood and discards it.

It is done frequently with people having conditions such as polycythemia.

JMO.
Thank for providing this valuable information brother. Much appreciated

Thanks Rick,

I should have mentioned my main concern was my blood being too thick and causing heart problems or a stroke. EQ is a favourite so I'll have to find a way to donate blood and have it thrown out, doc44 mentioned a letter from my doctor can see that it is discarded once I give it.. Religion is a factor and I guess it can't be good giving blood with massive test levels to others, especially women. Thanks for your feedback!

Great advice thanks doc! I'm going for the discard letter from my Dr..

I couldn't get my head around drawing my own blood especially with a needle that big (yuck)

Thanks for your help!

Great advice thanks doc! I'm going for the discard letter from my Dr..

I couldn't get my head around drawing my own blood especially with a needle that big (yuck)

Thanks for your help!

Yeah, 16 GA needle think the inner barrel of a Bic pen.

Top Bottom