domestic-supply
        
sarms.forsale
bannednutrition
        
napsgear
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Advise needed on calf training

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by SC1 View Post
    Will try that for sure! I appreciate it bros.

    Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
    You're welcome brother. Anytime!

  2. #12
    I have the chicken leg plague as well. As the other guys stated, I can only get progress from them with slow reps, heavy resistance, and as many reps as possible. I try to weight train them at least twice a week. Even then, hard to beat genetics.

  3. #13
    I don't bother with them much anymore. Have worked them to death with little to show for it. My wife calls them my "get away sticks." Genetics bro...

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by cmb5017 View Post
    I've read interviews with pros where they said they had to work calves for 3 to 4 hours and a lot of super sets to get theirs to grow
    I've read some theories about how calves might respond better to high volume rather than the typical low volume we give it. Most of the theory was based on the calf being comprised of mostly slow twitch fibers. One of the things recommended was walking at a very high incline and exaggerating both the your stride the push off with your calf. No idea to the validity.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMorkai View Post
    I've read some theories about how calves might respond better to high volume rather than the typical low volume we give it. Most of the theory was based on the calf being comprised of mostly slow twitch fibers. One of the things recommended was walking at a very high incline and exaggerating both the your stride the push off with your calf. No idea to the validity.
    Yea, most everything i read says high volume. Im going to give it a go today. Going to incorporate high reps with rickrocks slow, and contract for 5 sec method. Guess its time to just really up the intensity on my calves.

    Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by October View Post
    I don't bother with them much anymore. Have worked them to death with little to show for it. My wife calls them my "get away sticks." Genetics bro...
    "get away sticks" hilarious!

    Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by RickRock View Post
    Calves are the one body part that are more genetic based more than anything. It's pretty common to have issues with calf growth. You,just have to experiment and do what you can to bring them up. Everybody is a little different. I have excellent calves that respond very well, so I can't really tell you from experience, but I do like a lot of very slow controlled reps with calves holding for a good 5-10 seconds at the full flexed position in every rep, and then doing the same in the bottom portion of the movement trying to get as much of a stretch as you can. Doing that you should feel it big time with considerable burn that's almost unbearable
    No joke. Calf training the DC way is brutal. 5 second negative, 15 second hold, fully stretched at the bottom of each rep. Absolutely destroys calves. I have to sit there and recollect myself just so I can walk after those sets.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxPursuit View Post
    No joke. Calf training the DC way is brutal. 5 second negative, 15 second hold, fully stretched at the bottom of each rep. Absolutely destroys calves. I have to sit there and recollect myself just so I can walk after those sets.
    Yea i tried it today. Really focused on slow controlled negatives, stectch at the bottom of the movement and 5-10 second squeeze at the top. I have no clue how many reps I even did, but i will say thati really had to decrease the weight to do it this way. I am now at work and in pain lol i love it!!!

    Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

  9. #19
    This and a lot of his advice has helped me out! Especially with calves! https://youtu.be/5fT1yLyCGE4

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmel cowboy View Post
    This and a lot of his advice has helped me out! Especially with calves! https://youtu.be/5fT1yLyCGE4
    Nice thanks man. Il have to check this out.

    Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •