napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Activating too much set on chest movements

Saiyan

Ok. Something changed and now I fry my front delts on chest movements. I can't figure it out. Anyone have ideas or suggestions?

Robo rep. Pm me for Robolics GAINS!

Can try doing rear delts inbetween sets/when you feel the pump to move the blood from the front

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'll usually start hitting my front delts on barbell or dumbbell flat bench if i am bringing the bar up to high, meaning closer to my head

hey brother... which specific lifts are you noticing this on? did you change anything in the movement, weight, etc?

Flat bench. Incline dumbbell are my focus right now and it's definitely hurting performance. I haven't seen anything physically change with form. I try to keep the same grip and come down with my elbows close to a 45* from my body. And hit my body just below nipple I believe lol. It gets to the point where I just want to rest my arms on the bar in between sets.
Unless it's just extreme pumps? But still shouldn't be all in my delts.

You have anterior rotation of your scapula causing your delts to rotate forward and your chest to shorten. I'll text you tomorrow about how to fix that.

#TeamDreamCrusher

You have anterior rotation of your scapula causing your delts to rotate forward and your chest to shorten. I'll text you tomorrow about how to fix that.

#TeamDreamCrusher

Makes a lot of sense. Maybe I'm struggling to keep the shoulders pinned and chest out.

This is a common thing with flat bench. One of the reasons I abandoned that movement all together. Fucks my shoulders big time with the weight I was pushing and didn't really work the chest as well as dumbbell movements which are my main go to now for growth and hypertrophy

Top Bottom