napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Accutane for back acne

tombarcelona

Anyone used accutane to treat acne? Doc 8s writing me a scrip but I have this huge pamphlet full of sides.... my dermatologist said the biggest complaint from bodybuilders is back pain and I am wo dering if this is a from water retention issue and can be negated using taurine and limiting sodium/increasing potassium? Any tips or info appreciated. Gotta admit the doc got me a little nervous but this acne has gots to go! Thanks guys!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

i havent seen issues of water retention with accutane... im not one that ever recommends it... i'll have a video coming on it and discussing the side effects...

It's the exact opposite. Dries you out like a prune. There are numerous videos about people documenting their Accutane journey on YouTube. I recommend you watch them. At least you're being treated by a doctor definitely the better route to go if you gonna go with Accutane.

How old are you? Generally it's the younger people that shouldn't really be taking steroids in the first place that need Accutane.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the exact opposite. Dries you out like a prune. There are numerous videos about people documenting their Accutane journey on YouTube. I recommend you watch them. At least you're being treated by a doctor definitely the better route to go if you gonna go with Accutane.

How old are you? Generally it's the younger people that shouldn't really be taking steroids in the first place that need Accutane.
I'm 40. My back blew up last year and I have been trying a bunch of different treatments. Accutane is definitely a last resort at this point. Thanks fo the info. I'm gonna hit up YouTube and see what I can find.

That shit is a Amazing sides are worse for girls only thing it did for me was moderately dry skin in beginning and dry lips all through out easily fixed with a moisturizer once every couple days sometimes went weeks without one and then chip stack is a must every day

That shit is a Amazing sides are worse for girls only thing it did for me was moderately dry skin in beginning and dry lips all through out easily fixed with a moisturizer once every couple days sometimes went weeks without one and then chip stack is a must every day
Thanks! Definitely a relief to hear some positive feedback. Been a pain battling this shit for the last year. I'm waiting until after my wedding and honeymoon next week to start since they said alcohol is a BIG NO-NO, and I plan on getting loose as f#$% next weekend!

Also gonna stay off any cycles until this sgit cleard up and slowly work back into it. Maybe just stick with trt only from now on.

I tried getting started on Accutane. My doc said I had to fix my glucose levels first, they were 95, but I was in keto at the time, and that’s normal for me. I explained about keto, but still got denied. I got off keto which made my fasted glucose drop to 80, but my cholesterol skyrocketed, so was denied on that.

On cycle my acne disappears. It’s when I’m off it comes roaring back. My acne at low testosterone levels is even worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried getting started on Accutane. My doc said I had to fix my glucose levels first, they were 95, but I was in keto at the time, and that’s normal for me. I explained about keto, but still got denied. I got off keto which made my fasted glucose drop to 80, but my cholesterol skyrocketed, so was denied on that.

On cycle my acne disappears. It’s when I’m off it comes roaring back. My acne at low testosterone levels is even worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm type 1 diabetic on insulin pump and my blood glucose levels were never even mentioned.

Don't take accutane. Worse shit you can ever take. Trust me I have used it many times in my 20's . Never again. So many sides. Hell no. I even shit blood, not a joke.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Appreciate all the input. Exactly what I wanted. I appreciate the first hand experiences the most. the doctor definitely warned me about all the sides and we are planning to run bloods atleast once a month. It's so interesting to me how some people get massive sides form something and another person can get absolutley none! Guess its genetics. Well I'm going to run it because I have exhausted all other resources and this shit is leaving scars all over my back. Just trying to prepare myself. Sounds like I will have to keep close tabs with my doctor to prevent any long term damage.

Thanks again every one.

Top Bottom