esarms.com
bannednutrition.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Accutane for back acne

  1. #1

    Accutane for back acne

    Anyone used accutane to treat acne? Doc 8s writing me a scrip but I have this huge pamphlet full of sides.... my dermatologist said the biggest complaint from bodybuilders is back pain and I am wo dering if this is a from water retention issue and can be negated using taurine and limiting sodium/increasing potassium? Any tips or info appreciated. Gotta admit the doc got me a little nervous but this acne has gots to go! Thanks guys!

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    i havent seen issues of water retention with accutane... im not one that ever recommends it... i'll have a video coming on it and discussing the side effects...

  3. #3
    It's the exact opposite. Dries you out like a prune. There are numerous videos about people documenting their Accutane journey on YouTube. I recommend you watch them. At least you're being treated by a doctor definitely the better route to go if you gonna go with Accutane.

    How old are you? Generally it's the younger people that shouldn't really be taking steroids in the first place that need Accutane.
    Last edited by cbbram; 04-29-2019 at 11:41 AM.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by cbbram View Post
    It's the exact opposite. Dries you out like a prune. There are numerous videos about people documenting their Accutane journey on YouTube. I recommend you watch them. At least you're being treated by a doctor definitely the better route to go if you gonna go with Accutane.

    How old are you? Generally it's the younger people that shouldn't really be taking steroids in the first place that need Accutane.
    I'm 40. My back blew up last year and I have been trying a bunch of different treatments. Accutane is definitely a last resort at this point. Thanks fo the info. I'm gonna hit up YouTube and see what I can find.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    That shit is a Amazing sides are worse for girls only thing it did for me was moderately dry skin in beginning and dry lips all through out easily fixed with a moisturizer once every couple days sometimes went weeks without one and then chip stack is a must every day

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by deboths View Post
    That shit is a Amazing sides are worse for girls only thing it did for me was moderately dry skin in beginning and dry lips all through out easily fixed with a moisturizer once every couple days sometimes went weeks without one and then chip stack is a must every day
    Thanks! Definitely a relief to hear some positive feedback. Been a pain battling this shit for the last year. I'm waiting until after my wedding and honeymoon next week to start since they said alcohol is a BIG NO-NO, and I plan on getting loose as f#$% next weekend!

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Also gonna stay off any cycles until this sgit cleard up and slowly work back into it. Maybe just stick with trt only from now on.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  8. #8

    Accutane for back acne

    I tried getting started on Accutane. My doc said I had to fix my glucose levels first, they were 95, but I was in keto at the time, and thatís normal for me. I explained about keto, but still got denied. I got off keto which made my fasted glucose drop to 80, but my cholesterol skyrocketed, so was denied on that.

    On cycle my acne disappears. Itís when Iím off it comes roaring back. My acne at low testosterone levels is even worse.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    I tried getting started on Accutane. My doc said I had to fix my glucose levels first, they were 95, but I was in keto at the time, and thatís normal for me. I explained about keto, but still got denied. I got off keto which made my fasted glucose drop to 80, but my cholesterol skyrocketed, so was denied on that.

    On cycle my acne disappears. Itís when Iím off it comes roaring back. My acne at low testosterone levels is even worse.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm type 1 diabetic on insulin pump and my blood glucose levels were never even mentioned.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Senior Member RoboGainz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    958
    it puts a beating on your liver, make sure you get your bloods done if you run it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •