napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Accu- measure vs handheld device...

perkins0016

So my accu measure came in today....followed directions to the t...says to go to the nearest mm.....mine was right in middle of 10 and 20...so 15 ..Three measurements ....if so at my age im 18.5%... unless im supposed to go to the 20? Hope not... when i posted my initial stats it was per the handheld device which i hear is not quit as accurate....said i was 27%..... knew i was up there but was thinking more around 20%.... so got a lot of work to do still but not as bad as i thought..

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Yep, calipers can be tough to get an accurate reading when you’re either at the higher end or lower end of the spectrum. I would just take it as a reference point. Put the work in then come back and compare. Get it done man.

Yep, calipers can be tough to get an accurate reading when you’re either at the higher end or lower end of the spectrum. I would just take it as a reference point. Put the work in then come back and compare. Get it done man.

I agree with max on this. Try not to get wrapped up in numbers so much, and just use it as a baseline and reference point to measure progress from here. That's where those tools can be helpful, no matter how the number comes out. As long as you do it the same every time, it makes it easy to gauge the progress you've made

Thx fellas..will do....tried to get doc to order me dexa scan...he emailed back saying it was used to measure bone density, and that i am too young .....i know theres clinics that do it closest ones hour half away.... gonna stick with caliper as ref..saw your video beforehand Dylan...great vid...that why i checked into it knowing those handheld where bronze standard....

Around me colleges with do it in their physiology department and let you come in for students to practice on. One is 30 dollars the other college charges 50. Maybe look at the closest university if they have a medical department.

Around me colleges with do it in their physiology department and let you come in for students to practice on. One is 30 dollars the other college charges 50. Maybe look at the closest university if they have a medical department.
Good idea thx bro...

Calipers too can be influenced by water retention and skin tightness. And its all subjective. Depends on who's measuring you and what the motive. Lol... When I was a trainer you could skew someone's results pretty easy. Shady business practices. Haha... One of the reasons I didn't like it. I'm not a salesman.

I've heard the fit bit scale is supposed to be pretty accurate. It would at least be a consistent measurement that you could monitor. They're pricey though for a bathroom scale.

Calipers too can be influenced by water retention and skin tightness. And its all subjective. Depends on who's measuring you and what the motive. Lol... When I was a trainer you could skew someone's results pretty easy. Shady business practices. Haha... One of the reasons I didn't like it. I'm not a salesman.
Gotcha...lol ..

Thx fellas..will do....tried to get doc to order me dexa scan...he emailed back saying it was used to measure bone density, and that i am too young .....i know theres clinics that do it closest ones hour half away.... gonna stick with caliper as ref..saw your video beforehand Dylan...great vid...that why i checked into it knowing those handheld where bronze standard....

no problem bro, im happy to help

Top Bottom