napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

8-Week Ostarine & Cardarine Cycle

tarheel23

Hey guys,

Fairly new to this forum, but thought I would keep a log of my Ostarine and Cardarine cycle. No previous experience with SARMs, but looking to get some good recomp after 8 weeks.

Male, 23
5'9, 156 lbs
Approx 15% BF
8 week cycle

Workouts:

Workout 1: Chest, Triceps, Boxing
Workout 2: Back, Biceps, Abs
Workout 3: Shoulders, Boxing
Workout 4: Legs, Abs
Workout 5: Toss Up, Boxing

*I used to box competitively in college, but now mainly using it as my source of HIIT (a lot of intense 2/3 minute rounds of jump rope, heavy bag, mitts, sprints, etc)

Weeks 1-8; Cardarine- 20mg ED
Weeks 1-8; Ostarine- 12.5mg ED, move up to 20/25mg after first week as tolerated
Weeks 1-8: Aromasin- 12.5mg ED

Weeks 9-12; Clomid- 50/50/25/25
Weeks 9-12; DAA- 3g ED

Not sure if the Aromasin is overkill, but I have seen a lot of conflicting literature on taking it consistently on cycle or just as-needed; planning on taking it daily just to be on the safe side (feel free to weigh in with what you think).

Currently eating maintenance at 2700 calories/day, eating clean with macros dialed in. Looking to get some good results, will be sure to update as I go through!

Welcome to the forum bro!

What is your goal during this cycle?

8 weeks is a bit short, you would be better served with a 12 week cycle. The results don't start to get good until weeks 4-6.

Aromasin at 12.5 ED will absolutely crush your estrogen and you will feel like crap, i promise.

Where did you get your Sarms and AI?

Thanks man!

My overall goal of this cycle is a solid recomposition - looking to drop down to around 10-11% body fat and put on a little muscle in the process. Would I need a more intensive PCT if I were to run both for 12 weeks instead?

Could you explain the "feel like crap" reasoning? I know there's minimal suppression (if at all) with ostarine but just concerned with any potential gyno that could develop.

I got my SARMs from sarms1 and my AI from WatsonGuy on Reddit. Seems like this forum is very sarmsx heavy (which I have also seen fantastic reviews for), but just decided to go with sarms1. I have heard good things from irc.bio as well.

Last edited:
The AI from Sarmsx is strong AF and i nearly crushed my estrogen while on cycle with 12.5mg every other day. Google symptoms of low estrogen, many of them are the same as high estrogen. Basically, you feel tired, lethargic, moody as hell, weak and your joint hurt. All around poo for the most part.

I think it is a good idea to have an AI on hand just in case, but 12.5mg ED should not be needed at all. I don't know anything about AI from WatsonGuy, but if it is legit, 12.5ED will crush your E on a sarms cycle bro.

Okay that's great to know. I'll do some more research so I can understand it better. WatsonGuy has a very reputable following, and his Aromasin is the legit Pfizer brand pills (more expensive, but figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to make sure i had the real deal in case it was needed).

If I decided to do 12 weeks would I need to add anything to my PCT?

Also, your PCT is incomplete, you need GW for pct as well.

Drop the DAA, substitute with tongkat ali

Quick Update:

Day 3 on my cycle, and the effects of the cardarine are already amazing. I can run/bike/box so much longer than I used to, usually only stopping because my legs get tight/sore. As far as the ostarine, no noticeable effects yet as those seem to kick in around the 4/5 week mark. Eating maintenance calories (2700), but have gained about 2lbs since the start of my cycle despite burning about 500 calories a day with cardio (around 200 more than I was burning before cardarine/ostarine).

So question- should you be eating maintenance on this stack? I'm assuming a caloric deficit with my increased cardio, or should I be eating even less? Also, are re-feed days still necessary? (currently doing one every other week).

Overall, everything is going well. I've dropped my Aromasin use completely unless problems arise. I'll update again after the first week!

In that case, I would lower your calories to 2400 to start and go from there. Your not going to drop the 5-6% body fat your after by eating at maintenance calories.

At 159lbs and 15%BF, that means you have approximately 23.85lbs of total fat on your body. If you are looking to go from 15 to say 9%, then you need to lose approximately 9.5lbs of actual fat. Therefore, you need to be eating at a deficit and doing your cardio.

Makes perfect sense. Would you suggest lowering my caloric intake weekly/biweekly/etc? Clearly it's easier to figure out BMR without taking cardarine or ostarine (or PEDs in general), so was wondering if it would make sense to decrease calories every couple weeks or so to maintain a consistent deficit against my BMR.

Makes perfect sense. Would you suggest lowering my caloric intake weekly/biweekly/etc? Clearly it's easier to figure out BMR without taking cardarine or ostarine (or PEDs in general), so was wondering if it would make sense to decrease calories every couple weeks or so to maintain a consistent deficit against my BMR.

Generally, I start with an initial calorie cut of about 300-400 calories. After a few, weeks I assess my progress and reduce another 100-200 calories if needed. I will repeat this process as needed until I am about at my BMR. Once I am at my BMR and the fat loss stalls, I SLOWLY reverse diet back up to my new maintenance.

What do your macros look like?

I am 5'10 178lbs and about 12% BF. My maintenance calories and macros are about 2900cal. 250P 330C 65F
So I usually start by reducing to 2500cal 250P 250C 55F, from there the next step down would be 2300cal 250P 215C 50F. From there on out, I keep protein and fats the same and reduce 100 calories at a time by reducing 25 carbs.

Current macros are 306C, 200P, 75F. And that makes sense - only trouble I seem to be having is determining fat loss on this stack since cardarine/osta can help put on muscle while losing fat (therefore not much actual weight change). I think I'll follow that regimen and reassess in a couple weeks.

Top Bottom