napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

3 workouts a week

NarcissisticMach

Gents,

Due to life and schedule changes I have to reduce the number of days I work out to 3 a week. I am a full time engineering student and work two jobs, one an office job (4 days/40 hours) and the other a serving job (2 nights on my feet constantly moving). The 3 days I can make it to the gym are Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. This situation is not ideal but it's what I have to work with. I am still saving to buy the power stack/mini pct that Dylan recommended. I am currently still tinkering with my diet/calories to figure out what is ideal for me. Below are my stats again.

Height: 5'9
Weight: 158 lb
Body fat %: Roughly 18% based on a picture chart.
Years of training: Less then a year of serious training.
Complete cycle history (compounds, doses, lengths of time, when they were run): LG sciences pro hormone andro cutting kit. (I have since discovered pro hormones are awful)
PCT for each cycle: PCT included in pro hormone kit
Goals: Build lean muscle mass and even out muscles
Supplements (if any): I use Jym brand supplements
General idea of nutrition (any food allergies???): Meals are prepped usually consisting of chicken, ground turkey, lean ground beef, green vegetables, brown rice or quinoa and nuts. Maintenance calories is 2329 when working out 3 times a week. Will be adding 500 for gains.
Any other relevant info (injuries, surgeries you've had, etc.): Fractured both of my scaphoids (small bone below the thumb in wrist) about 4 years ago. Never got surgery, doctors said they have never fully healed but my strength and mobility are excellent.

I was wondering what the best routine would be for working out 3 days in a row and having the next 4 off.

Again, thank you for any/all info.

Wow... this has to be an intense ass workout, yet consider 3 days in a row. Before I read that my mind was thinking 5x5 but 3 days in a row would be impossible. Perhaps Day1: Pull, Day 2: Push, Day 3: total Body 5x5????? Or maybe Whole body, Plyometrics, then Whole body Compound movements only. Your stipulations make this kinda hard to get a routine that'll best serve the purposes of straight up gainz.

Sometimes you have to work with what you got bud. Lets see man... maybe something like this:
Day 1: Heavy Upper / Low-Moderate Rep Ranges
Day 2: Heavy Lower / Low-Moderate Rep Ranges
Day 3: Light Full Body / High Rep Ranges

If ya are natural nothing beats full body workouts. It's all old school proven effective. All the greats of the past did full body workouts.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

For mixing back,chest and arms all in one day how many exercises would I want to do for each muscle group?
Do full body my friend unless you are on anabolics, bro splits are for enhanced sine the growth window never really closes. You can grow for a week off anabolics off one intense bro split, a natural has a 24 hour growth window. So you can grow a body part once a week for 24hrs or you can grow it 3 times a week for 34 hrs. Volume for naturals don't necessarily guarantee any greater results then mid volume. Work smarter not harder.

If ya are natural nothing beats full body workouts. It's all old school proven effective. All the greats of the past did full body workouts.

Do full body my friend unless you are on anabolics, bro splits are for enhanced sine the growth window never really closes. You can grow for a week off anabolics off one intense bro split, a natural has a 24 hour growth window. So you can grow a body part once a week for 24hrs or you can grow it 3 times a week for 34 hrs. Volume for naturals don't necessarily guarantee any greater results then mid volume. Work smarter not harder.

Problem OP has he can only train on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays therefore full body 3 days in a row is probably not achievable

If it were me I'd do Mon-Chest/Shoulders/Tris. Tuesday Back/Bi's/Legs. Wed- I'd do a full body workout like a Chipper crossfit WOD.

OP; nice job making every effort to make your situation work. Most guys would have given up.

Yeah, EZ E is right the effort should be applauded. Bare minimum what ever you choose you won't loose anything. A suggestion forgets arms and shoulders at the gym, get some dumbbells and do those babies at home, it's cheap and effective. You can do upper, lower, upper. Do arms at home when you get home. You will grow

Thank you all for the feedback! Luckily for me this will be only be through the end of this semester and then I will be able to train 4-5 days a week again though I'm thinking of doing 3 day full body workouts with a rest day between each work out. I did not realize split routines were more geared towards anabolic users which I am not at this point in my lifting career. This raises another question for me. Once I am able to purchase my sarms power stack would it be more beneficial for me to 3 full body workouts each week or do a 4-5 day split routine?

Until the end of this semester yes but next semester I have my school scheduled mapped out better so I could do a 4-5 day split routine or a 3 day full body workout depending on which will be better with the sarm power stack I purchase.

I would probably do a push, pull, legs setup for those 3 days. Hit them hard and heavy and rest up and eat for 4 days....rinse and repeat

(PM me for a price list for Biotech Labs and 10% discount)

Top Bottom