napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx
roidvisorsteroidify
osgear

Wrecked my back doing deads today

Mb50

I over did dead lifts today and pulled a muscle wasn't killing me and finished workout. Sitting on couch later i couldn't stand up. Went to Doc and got decadron shot and wasn't sure what it was but Doc said it's a glucosteroid I googled it but didn't get much other than basic info. Was wondering others experiences. Thanks in advance.

I over did dead lifts today and pulled a muscle wasn't killing me and finished workout. Sitting on couch later i couldn't stand up. Went to Doc and got decadron shot and wasn't sure what it was but Doc said it's a glucosteroid I googled it but didn't get much other than basic info. Was wondering others experiences. Thanks in advance.
That sucks dude. I haven't been able to do any squats or deadlifts in 4 months because my back is so jacked up. I've always had back issues for nearly 20 years, but right now is the worst it's ever been. I have trouble just bending over to tie my shoes right now. I've been in the chiropractor since early may trying to get right without much progress. I have some bad inflammation going on that won t subside and my next plan is probably a prednisone shot. I'm just hoping I dont have a herniated disc or anything. It's that bad right now.

Hopefully you get this all straightened out soon and back to feeling good again bro. I hope it's a minor issue. Trust I feel your pain, and I have felt it for a long time.

No no no that sucks your back is the centerpoint of everything. I jacked up my back doing squats about four months ago I Had to take two weeks off from the gym. I literally couldn't do anything not even arm workouts. Good luck brother I hope you get better soon.

I hate to hear bro. I activated a sciatic nerve 2 yrs ago just like you. I dead lifted, the next morning major issues. After looking at my MRI, I no longer dead or squat. You should ice it for 10mn, followed by warm moist heat(wet towel microwaved) for 5mn every couple hrs when able. I've had bulging disc at L4/-L-5 most my life. I want to walk when I'm 60 not worth it to me. Hang in there out takes time. Hit that Ibuprofen as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies fellas. Feeling a lil better today still sore and stiff. Did shoulders today and was still able to do 3x10 255 barbell shoulder presses with a lil discomfort. Gonna lay off deads for a few week till it heals. Damn just realized I posted in wrong section my bad.

Thanks for the replies fellas. Feeling a lil better today still sore and stiff. Did shoulders today and was still able to do 3x10 255 barbell shoulder presses with a lil discomfort. Gonna lay off deads for a few week till it heals. Damn just realized I posted in wrong section my bad.
Be careful going too heavy with compressive movements like overhead presses while trying to heal up too. Those things can aggravate it quite a bit while you're trying to get lined out

Sorry to hear man. This is exactly why I don't typically do high rep DLs, at least not to failure as there is too much risk for form breakdown. I rarely go above 6 reps. Hope it's a minor injury and wishing you speedy recovery.

last January-2016 early on a sunday morning I decide to hop up to gym for a quick workout. It was around 8:00 am. I had just finished squats and was feeling great, one of those days that the little heat wave just flows through you.. I moved to Deads and had 3 great pulls for warm-up, upped my weight to only 255, got set, head up and pulled. I felt something just above my belt slightly off center to the right. It felt like someone had poked me with a finger. About 5 seconds later I'm lying in the floor unable to get up. 8:00 am on Sunday morning is not the high traffic time. After laying in the floor for about 20 minutes hoping ANYONE would come strolling in to give assistance I crawled to my bag and used a bench to get to my feet, bent at the waist 90.
It took at least another 10 mins to get to my truck, got home and 10 mins to get in the house. Ice, TENS machine and Ice, and ibuprofen and did I mention ICE. Could hardly walk for 2 weeks. I have NOT revisited the deadlift. It has been retired from my repertoire. Live and learn.

Recently messed my back up doing deadlifts on a deload week of all times. All i was doing was 2 light sets of 6 reps at 225. I felt it almost immediately during the first few reps and the weight seemed much heavier than usual. I continued on through the deload workout and week, but still haven't fully recovered and that was 2 1/2 weeks ago. I think i just had accumulated lower back fatigue from all the heavy compound lifts and one day my back said no more of this shit.

To make matters worse, i felt better so i went in last Saturday and did heavy rack pulls...of course this made it worse. I have degrees and various pieces of paper on the wall that would make one think i am fairly smart, however when i do shit like this sometimes i have to wonder.

Anyways, i have cut out heavy compound lifts for legs & back, moved to iso metric exercises for legs and machine exercises for back at a lighter weight - all in an effort to let my lower back rest. I have also been doing brisk walking to keep my blood flowing for active recovery. Also, been doing stretching as well. This seems to be helping, but i feel you. The back is bad spot cause its involved in literally everything we do.

Top Bottom