napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx
roidvisorsteroidify
osgear

Torn bicep or bad sprain?

44YOGearHead

Fuck yeah buddy just fucked up my left bicep DB curling 95's. Felt a pop and tossed DB. Slight pain... minor at worst, slight deformity to bicep head. Grip strength still good, push pull strength doesn't seem affected much. About to see doc and ask what's up. Pain is like having a wisdom tooth pulled in biceps where it connects to front delts tie in. Opinions???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any bruising? Black & blue (I know it may be hard to tell on your arm)

I had a similar issue a few months ago; we determined it was a little soft tissue damage. I took a week off from upper body.

It bother's me a little on back day and a lot curling a barbell. (if I had a brain I suppose I just wouldn't do barbell curls) I use Bio-Freeze and a wrap when I'm training any upper body.

There's a deformity along the bicep head. I can flex it, but it looks weird af. I can do push ups. Grip strength is good and it's not excruciatingly painful, but I'm kind of a dumb ass so I'm unsure. It hurts, but my mind can say fuckit. Felt a crazy ass pop like the one in my calf weeks ago... maybe a sprain? As I don't have the time or desire to be sidelined.

If I let my arm just hang it looks like bicep head is situated lower than it was. There's a lump at bottom of head and less girth at top. Was gonna try to curl a 40 before I left gym, but didn't wanna risk further injury.

Hmmm, ya got me brotha. What was the result of the calf pop?

Couldn't hurt to get it checked out.

I know you're against it but a week off from upper body is my 1st thought.

The deformity sounds like a tear to me! NSAID are continuously being researched for their effects on tendon strength. Here is something to read on the topic. http://www.vtchiro.org/Resources/Documents/NSAIDs Hamper Ligament and Tendon Healing.doc
Need to get an MRI to determine if sprain, level of sprain or complete tear! Hope it's just a mild sprain bro!

Yeah this is weird af. My only concern is down time from surgery, or a permanent deformed bicep. Well and diminished strength. Pussy ass arm lol.

Yeah this is weird af. My only concern is down time from surgery, or a permanent deformed bicep. Well and diminished strength. Pussy ass arm lol.

Time is of importance bro!! When I tore my pec it was a complete pec tendon rupture and if I waited too long the chest muscle retract towards the midline and make surgery next to impossible. Get to the doc and get a MRI bro! Be in the moment and address the issue. Handle each step as it comes! You may not need surgery but at least you know what the hell is wrong with your arm!!

Don't need luck... just the swole to have been enough not to have torn!

You mean to tell me the 44 is mortal??
Can't be.

Good luck bro and best wishes. I really hope it's not bad.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Got lucky af tore the bicep and not the tendon... knew I was fucking unbreakable.

Sorry to hear that bro! At least you didn't tear the tendon. A month ago when I tore my left pec, I completely tore the tendon off the humerus as well as tearing the muscle. So while the tendon repaired, I will always have a deformity on that side of my chest. Glad to hear you did completely fuck shit up. Curling 95's...that's damn impressive dude.

Top Bottom