napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx
roidvisorsteroidify
osgear

Sodium / Fiber intake

Curious if anyone tracks their sodium intake. Pas 2 mths I have been tracking my nutrition on myfitness pal and love it.
I find it nearly impossible to keep my sodium less than 2300 mg and difficult to take in enough healthy fats.
I add in avacado ' here and there a few nuts, but keep them to minimum due to the high caloric value. I may add fish oil, but I forget to take em.
Anyone have any healthy tips on low sodium and healthy fats.
I'm 6'3 270 @ daily average 3100mg sodium/26g fat.

Cynnamonwoodberry said:
Curious if anyone tracks their sodium intake. Pas 2 mths I have been tracking my nutrition on myfitness pal and love it.
I find it nearly impossible to keep my sodium less than 2300 mg and difficult to take in enough healthy fats.
I add in avacado ' here and there a few nuts, but keep them to minimum due to the high caloric value. I may add fish oil, but I forget to take em.

I saw on your other post you eat eggs - so when you cook your eggs in the morning, add a Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil - or in the past I have done it the lazy way, and just pour it in spoon and swallow it. EASY way to get the healthy fats, but also remember your body needs Sat Fat too, along with Cholesterol - sat fat and cholest are used in TEST production

Re: RE: Sodium / Fiber intake

Cynnamonwoodberry said:
Your sodium intake does not look bad at all to me as long as you are getting the water in. The 2300mg per day is RDA for average adult by the FDA. For those of us that exercise sodium intake should be a,little higher than that for proper electrolyte balance. Potassium is key also.

For healthy fats, its easy to just throw in a tb or two of olive oil with your meats and cook with it. I like to keep my fat content pretty low, so it don't take very much to get your fats for the day. Healthy hormone levels are dependant on fats, but it takes much less to meet that need than most people realize.

You also mentioned fiber in your thread. If you eat enough green vegetables you will have plenty of daily fiber

Cynnamonwoodberry said:
I snack on almonds, pecans, walnuts. Maybe a big handull thru the day. Eat the whole egg too. I have a whole avocado every morning. I chop it up with 3 hardboiled yard eggs and dump some homemade salsa and mix it up. Good stuff. Not just the white. Your sodium intake looks fine. If you are active then 3000mg/day is fine

Re: RE: Re: Sodium / Fiber intake

drb_iac said:
Cynnamonwoodberry said:
I snack on almonds, pecans, walnuts. Maybe a big handull thru the day. Eat the whole egg too. I have a whole avocado every morning. I chop it up with 3 hardboiled yard eggs and dump some homemade salsa and mix it up. Good stuff. Not just the white. Your sodium intake looks fine. If you are active then 3000mg/day is fine
Drb I'll be going back to school in the next few weeks and I've always had problems getting the proper snacks to hold me through my classes, what can you recommend for me that will be healthy and beneficial for me?

changing my life around one day at a time!!

I do not track ?salt or fiber but I need to track fiber because I just passed a cinder block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JackSteel said:
I do not track ?salt or fiber but I need to track fiber because I just passed a cinder block.

LOL hahaha, that must of hurt lol

changing my life around one day at a time!!

JackSteel said:

LOL!!! Did you eat a block of cheese, Jack?!

JackSteel said:

I'm having the same fricken problem right now :/ (cinder block)

Great feedback..I was adding oil with eggs and meat prior to cutting calories, Red palm oil or coconut oil, red palm oil actually cuts cholesterol down ..adding it's like 250-300 calories a day, I bought a spritzer pump for oil so do a few squirts but that's it..my caloric intake for the day is average 2650..
@6'3 270 what should I average daily fat intake @ minimum..my protein is 250 average, maybe cut down that to keep my calories at 2600.2700..
I'm cutting for 12 weeks test T3..last 6 weeks Anavar.
Work out while on cycle..
7 days cardio morning empty stomach ( 90 grams bcaa sip it) 50-60 min..
5 days weights Two a days same muscle group ( morning low rep high weight ..evening pumps..20-30 min cardio after each..
Sip hydrolyzed casein and branched cyclic dextrin during workout.
Cardio is moderate ..get pumped a kick it up quite often as of now..
What do you think safe calorie intake is that assured fat loss..I'm gonna make the most of this T3..My ass is up at 4:30 for that morning cardio and in bed by 9 pm..I sleep like a baby on this T3..

JackSteel said:

Hahaha! Now that's funny.!

Cynnamonwoodberry said:
Great feedback..I was adding oil with eggs and meat prior to cutting calories, Red palm oil or coconut oil, red palm oil actually cuts cholesterol down ..adding it's like 250-300 calories a day, I bought a spritzer pump for oil so do a few squirts but that's it..my caloric intake for the day is average 2650..
@6'3 270 what should I average daily fat intake @ minimum..my protein is 250 average, maybe cut down that to keep my calories at 2600.2700..
I'm cutting for 12 weeks test T3..last 6 weeks Anavar.
Work out while on cycle..
7 days cardio morning empty stomach ( 90 grams bcaa sip it) 50-60 min..
5 days weights Two a days same muscle group ( morning low rep high weight ..evening pumps..20-30 min cardio after each..
Sip hydrolyzed casein and branched cyclic dextrin during workout.
Cardio is moderate ..get pumped a kick it up quite often as of now..
What do you think safe calorie intake is that assured fat loss..I'm gonna make the most of this T3..My ass is up at 4:30 for that morning cardio and in bed by 9 pm..I sleep like a baby on this T3..

6'3 270, what is your bodyfat? in my opinion i wouldnt base your calorie intake on 270lbs if you have higher bodyfat because you would be eating excess - i suggest trying to find your LBM (lean body mass) and then basing your caloric intake off of that number. alot of people base the calorie intake off of their current bodyweight and i think that is a huge mistake UNLESS you are Lean. if you have 20-30% BF you do not need the extra calories to maintain that lol.. For example lets say you figure out your bodyweight and you are 200lbs lean mass when you take away the fat. NOW your organs and bones do weigh a lot added up as well, but this is just an example. you are 200lb LBM, then eat for 200lbs NOT 270. so 250g protein i think is fine, some people suggest 2x bodyweight in protein (400g) but everyones different do what works for you best. you can do more protein definitely BUT it is the carbs and fat you need to address. and trust me eating high protein will force you to eat Leaner.

I would guess I'm 20% or so..chest is lean , stomach is mostly flat until I sit down or wear compression shorts..and my quads aren't that defined can see all 3 heads but not to deep..
I cut calories yesterday to 2000 will continue and see how I feel, I cannot go under that though I get ravenous and will breakdown and eat 10# of Chinese buffet..my guess is I'm around 200-215 lbm, I'll throw that figure in calorie calculator..

Cynnamonwoodberry said:
I would guess I'm 20% or so..chest is lean , stomach is mostly flat until I sit down or wear compression shorts..and my quads aren't that defined can see all 3 heads but not to deep..
I cut calories yesterday to 2000 will continue and see how I feel, I cannot go under that though I get ravenous and will breakdown and eat 10# of Chinese buffet..my guess is I'm around 200-215 lbm, I'll throw that figure in calorie calculator..
2000 is already pretty low for your weight. I wouldn't recommend going lower at this point. You don't ever want to create too much defecit too soon

Cynnamonwoodberry said:
Yeah 2000 is to low I'm dragging ass..i was satisfied and functional at 2500-2600..

then your body is telling you something... i have had that happen plenty of times and its not worth it... you need to be 250-300 calories below your maintenance to start... t3 is also not good for you in any way and its definitely not going to make you feel good at all... i would HIGHLY reconsider using that... regardless, YES i have always tracked sodium and fiber extremely close... fiber is so essential and most do not get nearly enough.. i far exceed daily intake averages every day and quite easily... sodium is something i have always kept a close eye on and it is often one of the most overlooked nutrients on a food label... most go straight to calories, then to fat and then to carbs and protein... the others are often passed by or valued far less and that is a mistake.. they all hold great value or they would not be back there and required to be shown... for healthy fats, obviously the oils have been brought to your attention but peanut and almond butter are also great options... ALL of these things can be your friends if you find the RIGHT types for YOUR body in the right amounts... some respond to certain things far better than others... you have to be the judge on what your body likes and does not...

Top Bottom