napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx
roidvisorsteroidify
osgear

Sodium

C

cbbram00

Right now I'm trying to get my bf % from (approx) 16% down to 10-12% before I run any SARMS or AAS. I've eliminated processed foods from my diet and I'm cooking at home using only raw ingredients. Eggs, fish, chicken, veggies, oats... etc. I'm unsure if I should be using my sea salt crusher when I cook along with herbs and spices.

166lbs
5'9

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Sodium

cbbram said:
gymrat827 said:
yes, but just watch your intake. you want it low.
Give me a number to shoot for... 1g, 2g?
I think 3500mg is the normal recommended daily intake. Most people get WAY more than that. You want to keep proper electrolyte balance so you don't want sodium extremely low or high either. Keep things around that number in my opinion

Just found this online...
29db577f10ba1c0fccd0432c3a313373.jpg

I was just wondering if I should lower my salt intake if I'm trying to loose fat or would that only be for someone trying to get ultra ripped / contest prep?

sodium isnt going to allow you to lose more fat. its just going to allow you to hold less water. Your on point with the competing thing.

If you were to step on stage, yes, you would want to rid as much water as you can & look as hard as you can. (lasix + masteron + etc + etc)

Re: RE: Re: Sodium

gymrat827 said:
sodium isnt going to allow you to lose more fat. its just going to allow you to hold less water. Your on point with the competing thing.

If you were to step on stage, yes, you would want to rid as much water as you can & look as hard as you can. (lasix + masteron + etc + etc)
Ok... Thanks for clearing that up.

gymrat827 said:

Absolutely true. Sodium has zero impact on fat loss, but high sodium will cause you to retain water and obviously it's unhealthy. Extended periods of low sodium is also unhealthy

RickRock said:
gymrat827 said:

Absolutely true. Sodium has zero impact on fat loss, but high sodium will cause you to retain water and obviously it's unhealthy. Extended periods of low sodium is also unhealthy
Thanks just trying to make sure I'm doing everything correctly

cbbram said:
RickRock said:
gymrat827 said:

you don't realize how much sodium you intake through the day and then when you start adding salt or seasonings containing salt, you go overboard... for example, each egg has 3% daily value in one egg or egg white alone... oats carry some, other things you don't realize throughout the day etc... i NEVER use any seasonings with salt nor anything salt itself because i get it elsewhere.. you never want it too low but you can go overboard very easy and wake up wondering what the fuck happened and it can be pointed to salt... a lot of casein proteins are LOADED with it and people overlook it etc... just pay attention to every aspect of every label when you buy things...

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Sodium

DylanGemelli said:
cbbram said:
RickRock said:
"gymrat827" said:

you don't realize how much sodium you intake through the day and then when you start adding salt or seasonings containing salt, you go overboard... for example, each egg has 3% daily value in one egg or egg white alone... oats carry some, other things you don't realize throughout the day etc... i NEVER use any seasonings with salt nor anything salt itself because i get it elsewhere.. you never want it too low but you can go overboard very easy and wake up wondering what the fuck happened and it can be pointed to salt... a lot of casein proteins are LOADED with it and people overlook it etc... just pay attention to every aspect of every label when you buy things...
I'll pay attention to labels and throw away my salt crusher... You're right... I should be getting enough sodium without adding any. I'll just look into various herbs and spices without salt whenever I cook.

Raw unprocessed ?salt is good for you even possibly in large amounts. Remember we are made of 70-80% salt water. Just don't use refined processed salts. Real unprocessed sea salt is good. But be sure it's unrefined and unprocessed because just being sea salt doesn't make it better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JackSteel said:
Raw unprocessed ?salt is good for you even possibly in large amounts. Remember we are made of 70-80% salt water. Just don't use refined processed salts. Real unprocessed sea salt is good. But be sure it's unrefined and unprocessed because just being sea salt doesn't make it better.

This is what I'm using now...

f14a3b7abdb82e8426c3c9cb4de53e0d.jpg

You can get sodium free salt,it is called "no salt". Table salt is sodium chloride..NaCl. The no salt is Potassium chloride, KCl. mix the 2 and then add some spices. I like cayenne pepper, but you can use what ever you like. Just be carefull that you are not adding another sodium salt, such as garlic salt. Cumin, corriander,fennel garlic or onion powder etc. You want to eat no more than about 5 grams total. That is pretty low..like about 1 teaspoon. Obviously amaerica uses 6-10 times more than that. The good thing is that as you become accustomed to lower salt, your body will not tolerate high salt anymore.If you are a real salt head them mix 3 parts salt with 1 part no salt and as you get used to it you can keep re-blending to lower NaCl levels. I really don't like the way I feel when I hold too much water.

drb_iac said:
You can get sodium free salt,it is called "no salt". Table salt is sodium chloride..NaCl. The no salt is Potassium chloride, KCl. mix the 2 and then add some spices. I like cayenne pepper, but you can use what ever you like. Just be carefull that you are not adding another sodium salt, such as garlic salt. Cumin, corriander,fennel garlic or onion powder etc. You want to eat no more than about 5 grams total. That is pretty low..like about 1 teaspoon. Obviously amaerica uses 6-10 times more than that. The good thing is that as you become accustomed to lower salt, your body will not tolerate high salt anymore.If you are a real salt head them mix 3 parts salt with 1 part no salt and as you get used to it you can keep re-blending to lower NaCl levels. I really don't like the way I feel when I hold too much water.
Cool idea... Thanks!

cbbram said:
JackSteel said:

f14a3b7abdb82e8426c3c9cb4de53e0d.jpg
Yeah I would get some pink Himalayan ?salt or black valcano salt from Costco or whole foods. That's likely processed I would think.

JackSteel said:
http://www.louix.org/the-difference-between-refined-salt-and-unrefined-salt/

JackSteel said:
2f61199cea5b817c46ca26095cf60364.jpg
8f3a82e59d845b7cc3d96cc2c9acc213.jpg

Very interesting! Thanks!!!

JackSteel said:
cbbram said:
"JackSteel" said:

Yeah I would get some pink Himalayan ?salt or black valcano salt from Costco or whole foods. That's likely processed I would think.

I'll look into it... Thanks for the tip!!!

Top Bottom