napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Should Most middle aged guys do TRT for Life Optimization?

dam

Hey guys,

Would like to get your opinion on what your thoughts are about starting TRT for life optimization in your 40s and above.

My Total T was 580 and Free T was 11.0. I had an SHBG of 42.

Im 45 and feel the age related decline, brain fog, tired loss of muscle mass.

Im on the fence about TRT but its benefits with a clean lifestyle seem intriguing.

Thanks

DAM

There's no real cookie-cutter answer. It really depends on the individual person.

For me personally it was a no-brainer to go on.

I had a majority of the symptoms and they were all gone within a very short time of going on trt.

You also have to consider if you were planning on starting a family or not.

There's no real cookie-cutter answer. It really depends on the individual person.

For me personally it was a no-brainer to go on.

I had a majority of the symptoms and they were all gone within a very short time of going on trt.

You also have to consider if you were planning on starting a family or not.

Thanks for the reply, I have 3 kids and I am done with that had a vasectomy. Do you do HCG as well?

I'm 48 and I took the plunge about 3 years ago. I'm definitely not interested in PCT at my age. I don't recommend it to anyone it's a decision you have to make yourself. I always recommend you do TRT under a physician's care but I do it myself.

I am 49 and have been on TRT for almost 6 years. I can say that I had more than a few of the symptoms of low T and TRT has been nothing short of fantastic. At this point in my life there is no need for PCT. My program is Doctor run and I Get blood drawn at least 2 times a year. I have had no side effects and don’t even require estrogen control as my members are never high on the TRT dose. Ultimately the choice is yours to make but I 100% suggest that you only do this under Dr’s care.

Hey guys,

Would like to get your opinion on what your thoughts are about starting TRT for life optimization in your 40s and above.

Im on the fence about TRT but its benefits with a clean lifestyle seem intriguing.

Thanks

DAM
Well, it depends on your individual bloodwork, and that's exactly what a doctor will look at. Right now yoyr level of 580 is excellent and right near the middle of normal range

So if say right now you likely do not qualify

You might consider some Proviron for a few weeks and see how that helps. Dylan just recently suggested this to someone and I think it'll help in this scenario.

It is a lifetime commitment for sure. I always PCT but im very sure ill need trt at some point. Im not bouncing back as good as i used to. Just dont expect to go on for a year then come off because its not for you anymore. You would have a tough time recovering to say the least. My dad is on it and it made a huge difference for him. he is 51.

I've been on TRT prob since my late 40's. I'm 54 now. First few years I used Androgel. Last two years Test Cyp under doctor care. Quite honestly I didn't know I had low T. My number was 274 back then. I have no prob giving my self an injection once a week for life. In fact, I look forward to it. I use 100mg a week, and because I have so much Test leftover I'm treating myself to a small Test only cycle. 250-300mg a week for about 8 weeks. Then back down to TRT dose 100mg.

You're in mid 500's. That's pretty good.

Thanks guys for the advice, once I get used to the routine it would be the same as brushing teeth every morning.

Thanks guys for the advice, once I get used to the routine it would be the same as brushing teeth every morning.

My free T is only 11.0 and 9.0 is considered low. At 45 I dont see it getting any better

Yes Sir, I have a script for Test Cyp and HCG. My SHBG is 42 so I was told it affects my Free T level which is at 11.0. I have read all of Jay Campbells and Virgil Nelsons stuff. I figure why not optimize my health instead hanging at low normal. I have low T symptoms, at 45 why not? I dont take it lightly and have been hanging on this decision for a month now. Appreciate your fellas opinions.

Yes Sir, I have a script for Test Cyp and HCG. My SHBG is 42 so I was told it affects my Free T level which is at 11.0. I have read all of Jay Campbells and Virgil Nelsons stuff. I figure why not optimize my health instead hanging at low normal. I have low T symptoms, at 45 why not? I dont take it lightly and have been hanging on this decision for a month now. Appreciate your fellas opinions.
What test dose does he have you on, and where does that put your total test?

TRT was a life changer for me at 39 YO... I am my old self again for the most part and while I am not a body builder, I do want to look good and maintain good energy. I know it has been a while since you posted, but I would definitely look at it seriously. If you do, get your blood drawn until you get your maintenance dosage dialed in. It makes a big difference. I try to stay in the 900-1000 range because that is what works best for me personally.

Hey guys,

Thanks

DAM

TRT isn't for everyone but it can make a huge difference in the quality of life. Shop clinics in your area and find a good doctor most of them will do a free consultation.

HRT may be another option doctor supervised HGH treatment can cost a bit but when your main concern is life optimization it's definitely one of the treatments I don't mind paying for.

Thanks for all the replies guys, been almost a month on Subq T. Getting blood work next week. Might switch to IM because I have been getting tender spots at Subq injection sites. Just need to learn how to do IM. I like the idea of Subq not worrying about air bubbles and such but the irritation and tenderness sucks.

I have noticed the mood benefits and the energy. Starting to feel like my old self and better.

Thanks for all the replies guys, been almost a month on Subq T. Getting blood work next week. Might switch to IM because I have been getting tender spots at Subq injection sites. Just need to learn how to do IM. I like the idea of Subq not worrying about air bubbles and such but the irritation and tenderness sucks.

I have noticed the mood benefits and the energy. Starting to feel like my old self and better.

IM injections are one of those things that sound way harder than it is. Once you do it ONCE you'll wonder why you ever heard so many horror stories. Having the correct size pin is the hardest part.

Let us know the blood work results next week.

Top Bottom