napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx
roidvisorsteroidify
osgear

quick question on calories vs protein...

Cwrose1

Ok here's where I'm at....
40 y/o male
225#
16-17 bf
Work out 5-7x week...cardio and weight training
I've been working on my nutrition...I'm going on 2800 calories 45/40/15.

I downloaded Myfitnesspal. To help track my calories/protein/cards and fat.
I've been eating as protein packed as possible...eggwhites,hamburger 80/20,protein bar before and after workout. One high in carbs the other protein. I've tracked everything down to a .20 cup of shredded cheese. I'm finishing the day with tuna because it's low cal and high protein.

So at the end of the day...I'm gonna have calories on point but my protein/carbs are a little short..i used extra virgin olive oil...fats are done.My recommended protein is 318...I'm gonna fall around 260. Here's my question should I sacrifice the protein or eat a little more and go over on calories.? I'm trying to lean my bf down...I'm gonna start a sarms cycle in about 2 weeks.

I'm looking for advice to get on track 100%. I know I need to tweak this and I will...practice makes perfect

Id say one do away w thw geound beef. If u have to get the 90-10. Try buying like sirloins and london broils lean steak basically. Stay away from the fatty ones like tri tip and ribeyes.

Start eating tuna and talapia these are non exspensive fish and good peotein and good fats.

I would avoid the protein bars. Usually high in sodium.

The only real protein u need that doesnt come from actual food would be a protein shake 30-45 min after lifting when protein synthesis is highest otherwise its just a meal replacement and not doing too much. Nothing replaces real food for gains.

I would more frequent.

Like this

Meal one
6 egg whites

Meal 2
6oz lean steak or chicken
1/3 cup brown or jasmine rice
1 cup steamed veggies of choice

Meal 3 probly pre gym
8 oz chicken or fish
1/2 cup rice
2 table spoons natural peanut butter or 3 oz unsalted almonds

Post workout
Protei shake with water or almond milk

Meal 4 most likely dinner
8 oz talapia or tuna cooked with coconut oil
1 cup steamed veggies
Or you could steam some asparagus one half bunch.

Something like that.

Best things are lots of veggies
Lean meats like chicken fish or lean steak. Even ground turkey. The 90-10.

Natural peanut butter. Almonds or even cook with almond butter.

PHURIOUS PHARMA

PHURIOUS said:
Id say one do away w thw geound beef. If u have to get the 90-10. Try buying like sirloins and london broils lean steak basically. Stay away from the fatty ones like tri tip and ribeyes.

Start eating tuna and talapia these are non exspensive fish and good peotein and good fats.

The only real protein u need that doesnt come from actual food would be a protein shake 30-45 min after lifting when protein synthesis is highest otherwise its just a meal replacement and not doing too much. Nothing replaces real food for gains.

I would more frequent.

Like this

Meal one
6 egg whites

Meal 2

Meal 3 probly pre gym
8 oz chicken or fish
1/2 cup rice

Post workout

1 cup steamed veggies

Something like that.

PHURIOUS PHARMA

Awesome....looks good

Cwrose1 said:
PHURIOUS said:

I would more frequent.

Like this

Meal one
6 egg whites

Meal 2

Meal 3 probly pre gym
8 oz chicken or fish
1/2 cup rice

Post workout

1 cup steamed veggies

Something like that.

PHURIOUS PHARMA

Awesome....looks good

yes, i would avoid the ground beef more often than not... other lean sources of meat to mix things up would be things like pork loin, the center cut, veal medallions, etc... other forms of white fish, orange roughy, halibut, cod etc... mix in fresh salmon for healthy fats as well... look for things like fat free greek yogurt, perhaps ezekiel ceeral for fiber, carbs, protein, etc... use only unsweetened almond, cashew or coconut milk.. things like this are far better options.. keep the calories lower with higher protein contents... you don't need an abundance of calories or fats in meals to get high protein..

DylanGemelli said:
Cwrose1 said:
PHURIOUS said:

I would more frequent.

Like this

Meal one
6 egg whites

Meal 2

Meal 3 probly pre gym
8 oz chicken or fish
1/2 cup rice

Post workout

1 cup steamed veggies

Something like that.

PHURIOUS PHARMA

Awesome....looks good

yes, i would avoid the ground beef more often than not... other lean sources of meat to mix things up would be things like pork loin, the center cut, veal medallions, etc... other forms of white fish, orange roughy, halibut, cod etc... mix in fresh salmon for healthy fats as well... look for things like fat free greek yogurt, perhaps ezekiel ceeral for fiber, carbs, protein, etc... use only unsweetened almond, cashew or coconut milk.. things like this are far better options.. keep the calories lower with higher protein contents... you don't need an abundance of calories or fats in meals to get high protein..

Thanks dylan....I already have a lifetime supply of nonfat greek yogurt as well as healthy cereals high in fiber and proteins. Sounds good thanks!

Cwrose1 said:
Ok here's where I'm at....
40 y/o male
225#
16-17 bf
Work out 5-7x week...cardio and weight training
I've been working on my nutrition...I'm going on 2800 calories 45/40/15.

I downloaded Myfitnesspal. To help track my calories/protein/cards and fat.
I've been eating as protein packed as possible...eggwhites,hamburger 80/20,protein bar before and after workout. One high in carbs the other protein. I've tracked everything down to a .20 cup of shredded cheese. I'm finishing the day with tuna because it's low cal and high protein.

So at the end of the day...I'm gonna have calories on point but my protein/carbs are a little short..i used extra virgin olive oil...fats are done.My recommended protein is 318...I'm gonna fall around 260. Here's my question should I sacrifice the protein or eat a little more and go over on calories.? I'm trying to lean my bf down...I'm gonna start a sarms cycle in about 2 weeks.

I'm looking for advice to get on track 100%. I know I need to tweak this and I will...practice makes perfect

Dude personally i would make breakfast your biggest meal of the day, then scale down as the day goes on, for instance: keep in mind this is what i like, it doesnt work for everyone, but take it or leave it:

example breakfast: 4 eggs (full eggs for the fats), 1 Red Potato fried with a teaspoon Olive Oil (6oz), 1 orange, 1 banana, 8 oz non fat yogurt, 2c Whole Milk (whole milk for fats). fats are mostly DONE for the day. The breakfast is most important in my opinion, your body fasted for 8 hrs or so, however long you slept, you need all nutrients, fats, proteins, carbs, vitamins, etc. Immediately. and plenty of water with breakfast.
example lunch: 2 cans of tuna drained 8 oz., 15 oz Black Beans
example dinner: 2 Tilapia filets with Black Pepper on top (filets are roughly 4 oz), 4 cups of Spinach and 1 banana mixed in blender with Water.

i eat tuna and tilapia everyday, but occassionally i eat very lean ground beef or some chicken breast. you can swap out 8 oz tuna or tilapia for 4 oz chicken or 6 oz lean drained ground beef. its all roughly 40g protein give or take. for beef use very lean 96/4 beef and drain fat, for chicken i just Oven Bake with Herbs and a tiny bit of salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. I do not salt anything else unless it is Baked Chicken, and i use very small amounts.

post workout: 2 scoops Protein, low fat/carb, only Protein
intra workout: BCAAs, glutamine, etc.
multivitamin half in morning half in evening
Himalaya liver pill with breakfast and dinner
A ton of water, drink water frequently, your pee should be clear, no stress on kidneys

I also do 2 scoop Protein shake before bed, but you dont need that many cals, it is optional. some people like it some dont. i would do weights and swimming.

this is an example of something i would do if i was trying to cut, everyone is different take what you need discard the rest.

Thats more of a bulking breakfast. He is trying to lean out right now. Thats why the egg whites and not all that other stuff. To lean out u need manny small to med sized meals. Not one giant meal in the am where your metabolism goes in the tanker.

Thats why i suggested avoiding the carbs and cholesterol and high fats.

PHURIOUS PHARMA

PHURIOUS said:
Thats more of a bulking breakfast. He is trying to lean out right now. Thats why the egg whites and not all that other stuff. To lean out u need manny small to med sized meals. Not one giant meal in the am where your metabolism goes in the tanker.

Thats why i suggested avoiding the carbs and cholesterol and high fats.

PHURIOUS PHARMA

Eh, depends on when he works out, i use a similar layout and eat more cals and i lose bodyfat but he may be different bodytype i dont know, i just know what works for me and big breakfasts help me to build energy up for workouts and help me stay lean, if i dont eat big breakfasts i gain more fat and lose muscle..
but its similar to your line up except most cals is in breakfast instead of the other meals,

what you mean avoid carbs? you have a lot of Rice in there, and id use one red potato over Rice /bc its better quality, Rice is just as starchy if not moreso then a potato but Rice has no intrinsic nutrients except what they add, Potato is nutrient dense and high in potassium.

and the fats in the breakfast i typed are maybe 40g, that is probably around what he eats already because he did says 15% Fats.

1/3 of a cup is alot of rice? Lol. Thats like 3 bites. U gotta have some ya. To function. And i only did 1/2 for energy for lifting. Alot of rice is like 2 cups to me lol

PHURIOUS PHARMA

Ya red potatoes cooked w coconut or gso is fine To mix it up

PHURIOUS PHARMA

PHURIOUS said:
1/3 of a cup is alot of rice? Lol. Thats like 3 bites. U gotta have some ya. To function. And i only did 1/2 for energy for lifting. Alot of rice is like 2 cups to me lol

PHURIOUS PHARMA

No 1/3 aint alot but you had another 1/2 cup in another meal. i was just saying that bc its similar to a potato. but yeah i did have the fruit, milk, and black beans but he can easily drop those if he needs to i dont know his macros. he can just do a potato in the morning with Olive Oil, drop the milk, drop the black beans. I would stil personally keep the fruit though, 1 orange is only like 75 cals and i dont know how many Carbs this dude needs to hit his macros..

yeah i eat 2 cups when i do rice but i eat about 3.3k a day. 2 c is alot.

Only had the half cup as pwo meal. For the fuel other wise keep it at 1/3.

Ya mixing it up is good too with similar foods otherwise u go nuts eating the same shit

PHURIOUS PHARMA

PHURIOUS said:
Ya red potatoes cooked w coconut or gso is fine To mix it up

PHURIOUS PHARMA

I'm a huge fan of red potatoes...I'll definately be going that route.tuna also,high protein low fat.once I burn through my ground beef I think I'll move in to the turkey 90/10. Due to my work schedule as a paramedic my times at the gym vary. I always get a good dose of protein after though. I really appreciate the info...

PHURIOUS said:
Only had the half cup as pwo meal. For the fuel other wise keep it at 1/3.

Ya mixing it up is good too with similar foods otherwise u go nuts eating the same shit

PHURIOUS PHARMA

i know about going nuts, been eating tilapia and tuna every day for the past...2 months?? i lost count...so BLAND, but it is my go to source of protein, cheap and easy

Ha ha. Two months. Try since march for me. Now im cutting and 11 weeks out. Try going from 5000 cals a fay to less than 2000 cold turkey. Lol. Im so hungry i might eat this phone.

PHURIOUS PHARMA

PHURIOUS said:
Ha ha. Two months. Try since march for me. Now im cutting and 11 weeks out. Try going from 5000 cals a fay to less than 2000 cold turkey. Lol. Im so hungry i might eat this phone.

PHURIOUS PHARMA

yeah idk 2 months 3 4 idk like i said its been so long and BLAND i forget, it was more of a diet change for me then a Cut just trying to eat more disciplined/better, but good job man you are ripping it..

Lol no thanks dude im good with 3500 a day. forget 2000

Ya. Im not very happy. Lol my bmr is like 3200. So my body is very not happy w me but i need to get to 6% by oct 24. So its time to man up

PHURIOUS PHARMA

PHURIOUS said:
Ya. Im not very happy. Lol my bmr is like 3200. So my body is very not happy w me but i need to get to 6% by oct 24. So its time to man up

PHURIOUS PHARMA

for what contest?

Top Bottom