napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx
roidvisorsteroidify
osgear

Liver values

juicedaddyjr

So, I have always been fairly conservative with my oral AAS usage, and always use TUDCA and Liv52 when I am taking oral AAS. I am asking this for education so that if I ever do encounter elevated enzyme levels (which I hope to avoid) I know when I should be concerned. The highest I have ever seen my AST/ALT in my bloodwork is 44/46, (top of normal range is 40/44, correct?), which is slightly out of range and not much of a concern according to my doctor. At what AST and ALT enzyme levels do you guys get concerned. Basically, at what point do you consider your ALT/AST to be dangerously elevated? TIA

Also, I am using Tapatalk and accidentally posted this in the source section, which is not the correct location. How do I move this to the correct forum? Sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Also, I am using Tapatalk and accidentally posted this in the source section, which is not the correct location. How do I move this to the correct forum?

Am interested in this as well! And for how long will you tolerate high AST and ALT levels? Mine are high, but drop quickly once off cycle. I have cut my tren dose down.

I reposted in the Sarms/steroid talk forum. If NY, 9th, Rick, or Dylan could delete this thread, I would appreciate it. Please and thank you.

This is going to vary person to person me personally my values are always in the 40s and 20s and I do bloodwork at least once a year in the spring and usually again before winter. Since this is normal for me anything higher would concern me enough to hope on liver support to get it back down. Anything in the 60s-70s would be pretty scary to me considering that I used to drink/smoke/ take prescription medicine I'm still A+ okay I'd imagine I'd have to be doing a lot more in order for it to be worse. So whatever you happen to be doing is probably okay as long as you don't up the doses. But in no way am I a professional.

If you're lifting weights your AST will likely be slightly elevated. I think a slight elevation like that is minor. If you're 70-100+ for extended periods is when I'd personally be concerned, but I'm definitely no doctor lol.

If you're lifting weights your AST will likely be slightly elevated. I think a slight elevation like that is minor. If you're 70-100+ for extended periods is when I'd personally be concerned, but I'm definitely no doctor lol.

Oh yeah, I wasn't worried about this slight elevation at all. Honestly, I was surprised my values were as low as they were considering that I workout, use oral AAS moderately, and take prescription pain meds daily for chronic back issues. I was simply asking this question because I like to keep a close eye on my ALT/AST considering that taking prescription pain medication and oral AAS could cause unhealthy elevation in some people. Thankfully for me, I have not had that issue...could be because of my healthy diet, large water intake, and practically year round liv52 and TUDCA. I was just curious as to when other guys on this forum start getting concerned about their levels, and how long they deem it acceptable to have elevated ALT/AST. Let's hope I just keep mine in the 40's and I never have to worry about it!

And obviously ALT/AST is pretty fluid. From my understanding, my enzyme levels very well be lower on my blood work than they realistically are throughout the day, due to getting blood drawn in the morning before anything has been ingested that day that would stress the liver?

If you get blood drawn in empty stomach, yes, it will change your values! My next cycle will be run with gear that has low hepatoxicity! Am looking at EQ and Deca next cycle as am in EQ 300mg/mL Tren E 200mg/mL and 40 mg Tbol for 4 weeks only.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I wasn't worried about this slight elevation at all. Honestly, I was surprised my values were as low as they were considering that I workout, use oral AAS moderately, and take prescription pain meds daily for chronic back issues. I was simply asking this question because I like to keep a close eye on my ALT/AST considering that taking prescription pain medication and oral AAS could cause unhealthy elevation in some people. Thankfully for me, I have not had that issue...could be because of my healthy diet, large water intake, and practically year round liv52 and TUDCA. I was just curious as to when other guys on this forum start getting concerned about their levels, and how long they deem it acceptable to have elevated ALT/AST. Let's hope I just keep mine in the 40's and I never have to worry about it!

Ya I've been lucky as well. I get in the 40's sometimes low 50's when doing orals; but it goes down immediately after dropping them. Your smart, it's better to be proactive.

http://www.aafp.org/afp/2005/0315/p1105.html

Mild elevations are 2-3X normal and if transient I personally would not shit myself over the numbers unless I was in the hundreds.

Now if your enzymes remain elevated for extended periods that is a whole different ball game.

I am NOT your doctor just sayin

If you did want to get them BACK to normal or just keep your liver healthy. Would you say a liv .52 and tudca or acycle assist with a liver guard and such in it?

Top Bottom