napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx
roidvisorsteroidify
osgear

little help with sodium

Cwrose1

Ok...so I use myfitnesspal...freaking amazing app.im trying to lean out so I'm using a 2800 calorie diet 45/40/15. At the gym 5-7 x week....cardio everyday followed by weight training.I'm pretty much dialed in

My diet includes egg whites, bananas,apples,turkey,non fat yogurt, and a few other things.i also use tuna. I also will use a protein shake with powdered pb in it to boost protein. My protein/carbs/fat are pretty much on the mark....my sodium is high though. ..anyone have any suggestions for high protein low sodium? The tuna seems to be the culprit.I'm not super concerned with my sodium....should i be?..just looking to get everything dialed in a little closer.

I wouldn't be overly concerned. Tuna is canned and that's a factor for the high sodium. Un processed meats are obviously cleaner.
Unless you are taking in what is clearly too much I would not be overly concerned. Obviously cut back where you can. Do you know exactly how many mgs you are consuming a day?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

TX TERROR said:
I wouldn't be overly concerned. Tuna is canned and that's a factor for the high sodium. Un processed meats are obviously cleaner.
Unless you are taking in what is clearly too much I would not be overly concerned. Obviously cut back where you can. Do you know exactly how many mgs you are consuming a day?

Myfitness app says I should take in 2300mg...I've tracked over 3000 yesterday. Again protein,carbs and fat are on point.

Re: RE: Re: little help with sodium

Cwrose1 said:
TX TERROR said:

Myfitness app says I should take in 2300mg...I've tracked over 3000 yesterday. Again protein,carbs and fat are on point.
Try to drop the tuna and trade it out for organic tilapia. See if that helps a bit. Also if your eating nuts and stuff go with raw unsalted.
You may have or may not have already touched on that so sorry if I missed it.
remember to account for seasonings or anything else you use too. I didn't realize that for a long time. Such an easy miss for that kinda stuff too.

No nuts....seasoning is light a tbsp of salsa on my egg whites and a little mustard on my tuna. I get my fats from extra virgin olive oil and of course my food.

Cwrose1 said:
Ok...so I use myfitnesspal...freaking amazing app.im trying to lean out so I'm using a 2800 calorie diet 45/40/15. At the gym 5-7 x week....cardio everyday followed by weight training.I'm pretty much dialed in

My diet includes egg whites, bananas,apples,turkey,non fat yogurt, and a few other things.i also use tuna. I also will use a protein shake with powdered pb in it to boost protein. My protein/carbs/fat are pretty much on the mark....my sodium is high though. ..anyone have any suggestions for high protein low sodium? The tuna seems to be the culprit.I'm not super concerned with my sodium....should i be?..just looking to get everything dialed in a little closer.

if you are working out i wouldnt worry too much about it because when you sweat a lot you lose sodium, potassium, water. - also remember when you input stuff like Tuna - it just shows what on the can, but when you drain the Tuna properly it reduces the Sodium by a lot. most of the salt is in the water.

SpikedEggnog said:
Cwrose1 said:

if you are working out i wouldnt worry too much about it because when you sweat a lot you lose sodium, potassium, water. - also remember when you input stuff like Tuna - it just shows what on the can, but when you drain the Tuna properly it reduces the Sodium by a lot. most of the salt is in the water.

Cool man thanks...

Top Bottom