napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx
roidvisorsteroidify
osgear

Huge accomplishment...at least for me

This isn't going to amaze most, but it's huge for me and I want to share it for further inspiration as I've gotten a lot from forums and bros online that have inspired me through keyboards.

About 5 years ago my wife asked why I don't see working legs that serious, yes I was that dude who had a heavier bench then I did squat, and I never realized how my legs looked. My wife's my biggest motivator so we don't sugar coat shit and well it how it is! I was maybe getting five reps with 195 and didn't care, I was content. I took that shit to heart what she said, hit legs hard and heavy all the time and finally hit 405 for 6 reps. No belt, as I don't like how the feel as I'm squatting, knee sleeve (not wraps) and I got well below 90! I wouldn't say ATG like some cross fitters, but I was well below parallel, next time I'll get a video.

Just wanted to share! Didn't think I'd ever get here and it was huge for me. I was super fucking pumped. Next time I'll have my wife record instead of spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome to hear bro! Nice job on killing it and making some killer progress in that area. I'm killing legs as much as I can but its difficult as im limited with my current issues

I actually can Bench way more than I squat right now because my back is so fucked that I've had to abandon squats all together. I have an MRI scheduled and it's starting to look like a herniated disc. I'm pretty bummed about it, as it's affected a lot of lifts...squats, deads, bent over rows, even some overhead presses.

Awesome to hear bro! Nice job on killing it and making some killer progress in that area. I'm killing legs as much as I can but its difficult as im limited with my current issues

I actually can Bench way more than I squat right now because my back is so fucked that I've had to abandon squats all together. I have an MRI scheduled and it's starting to look like a herniated disc. I'm pretty bummed about it, as it's affected a lot of lifts...squats, deads, bent over rows, even some overhead presses.

Damn man that sucks! Then again, I'm pretty sure you have some years on me. Age and time in the gym, so it's not like your body hasn't taken a slight beating. I just think that at young age, no injuries, or physical conditions, I should definitely be squatting while my knees and back can take it!

I hope your MRI checks out and they can get you on a good regimen for recovery! I can't question your process though, those last pics you posted..you looks killer! Still motivation for me! [emoji1377]

Hell yeah man. I to skipped out on leg day but mainly because I have massive thighs and already can't find pants. But now I see it's crucial

Haha must be nice! I have money saying I have some of the smallest fucking calves quads that I've seen put 405 on their back! It's embarrassing! Tiny calves club for life

Congrats bro, 405 for 6 down to parallel is very respectable IMO. I see guys all the time doing half squats with 300+.... Looking like a squat/good morning hybrid. How long did it take you to go from 195x6 to 405x6?

I hate doing legs, but who doesn't, I do them because they are challenging. I feel a since of accomplishment when I am all done and they are shaking from the beating. My legs still have a lot of room for progress though.

https://youtu.be/BS-oRydlnCE

Hell ya thanks man! That dude is funny as fuck!

It literally took me 5 years almost 6 now. Slow and steady progress. I noticed my squats went up quicker when I started leg pressing heavier! I'm not too impressive there either but I can take 945 for 8 usually.

I know exactly what you mean, proud you pushed thru. Adapt and overcome! I do lots of reps with legs. I have had my knee total rebuild 2x. I have little to no confidence pushing serious weight with my legs. And i am ok with that. I know my limitation and work with it.

Congrats bro, 405 for 6 down to parallel is very respectable IMO. I see guys all the time doing half squats with 300+.... Looking like a squat/good morning hybrid. How long did it take you to go from 195x6 to 405x6?

I hate doing legs, but who doesn't, I do them because they are challenging. I feel a since of accomplishment when I am all done and they are shaking from the beating. My legs still have a lot of room for progress though.

https://youtu.be/BS-oRydlnCE

Dom is the man bro

Growing is growing!!! Both mentally spiritually and physically. . Being able to take criticism (especially from those we love).. and turn it into rationalization and grow from it is what separates the men from the boys who would have taken offense 5-10 years ago. Brovo..Brother!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I know exactly what you mean, proud you pushed thru. Adapt and overcome! I do lots of reps with legs. I have had my knee total rebuild 2x. I have little to no confidence pushing serious weight with my legs. And i am ok with that. I know my limitation and work with it.

Hell yea, it takes a lot to do just that. Most people would just give up! Keep killing it bro

Growing is growing!!! Both mentally spiritually and physically. . Being able to take criticism (especially from those we love).. and turn it into rationalization and grow from it is what separates the men from the boys who would have taken offense 5-10 years ago. Brovo..Brother!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Thanks man! I'll keep pushing! I don't know if I have a huge desire to go much heavier! I am trying to work front squats in more! Thanks for praise and good words my man!

Kill shit bro. Celebrate the GAINZ to come. Complacency is our worst enemy.

Although I do not squat anymore for health reasons, thats a great accomplishment! Well done bro!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Look at it like this, you have to start somewhere. No matter the weight, reps or movement. Everything from there is gainz, mentally, spiritually, emotionally and physically. Same with confidence in yourself, you have to start somewhere. Kick yourself in the ass, and do it. And you already did that, kick its ass now. Own shit

Top Bottom