napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx
roidvisorsteroidify
osgear

How much protein & how much carbs?

Angel

How much protein should I be consuming? how many carbs should I be eating a day? should I cut down on calories? up on it? still at 420# stupid scale won't go down!! Working my ass of at the gym, seriously it is getting irritating

changing my life around one day at a time!!

Re: How much protein & how much carbs?

You need to lay out your typical diet for a day. Be honest and tell us what and when you are eating.

Angel said:
How much protein should I be consuming? how many carbs should I be eating a day? should I cut down on calories? up on it? still at 420# stupid scale won't go down!! Working my ass of at the gym, seriously it is getting irritating

For someone that is at your current condition, that has elevated bodyfat, you really don't need to get 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight. It really needs to be closer to 1.5g per pound of lean mass for a better figure. So, basically I would aim for about 200g minimum up to 250g and keeping the carbs and fats pretty low to enhance your fat loss. There's still a rate of fat loss that's good that I wouldn't want you to exceed, but if the scale is not moving you need to make changes right now. You are probably eating too much or not the right ratios of things. Post up your diet for better critique buddy

Re: RE: Re: How much protein & how much carbs?

JM750 said:
You need to lay out your typical diet for a day. Be honest and tell us what and when you are eating.
*Morning = 2eggs with a slice of low sodium Turkey, water.
*Lunch Protein shake= I add 1/2 banana oatmeal table spoon of peanut butter.
*Snacks= apricots, yogurt, apples.
*After my workout I'll stop at pollo loco for two chicken thighs small salad mash potatoes with two corn tortillas, water.
*Dinner home made salad I add little bit of blue cheese croutons ranch dressing and leftover chicken, water.
This is a normal day for me with a lot of water throughout the day, unless I get really hungry I'll eat a small cereal..

Angel said:
JM750 said:
*After my workout I'll stop at pollo loco for two chicken thighs small salad mash potatoes with two corn tortillas, water.
*Dinner home made salad I add little bit of blue cheese croutons ranch dressing and leftover chicken, water.
This is a normal day for me with a lot of water throughout the day, unless I get really hungry I'll eat a small cereal..

I'd like to see you cut back on the fruit, limiting it to one serving per day. Also cut back on the carbs a bit more. For example, a couple corn tortillas and mash potatoes are going to be too much in my opinion, especially not knowing the amounts you are getting.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: How much protein & how much carbs?

RickRock said:
Angel said:
JM750 said:

I'd like to see you cut back on the fruit, limiting it to one serving per day. Also cut back on the carbs a bit more. For example, a couple corn tortillas and mash potatoes are going to be too much in my opinion, especially not knowing the amounts you are getting.
I only eat two tortillas a day its a big improvement when I use to eat as may as I could back in the day but I've been trying to cut them completely slowly, on fruits I do eat a lot, doctor says its fine but not sure, some times I only eat fruit I lose track of time when I'm in school that's when I get ravenous and ill eat whatever I can fiber one bars stuff like that..

In all honesty, And I hate giving out advice cause I know what works for me. I would be eating every 2- 2-1/2 hrs. To keep your metabolism going. Each meal would consist of protein, carb, and fat. Small meals. Not huge ones. Eat lots of greens. spinach, broccoli, cabbage.

JM750 said:
In all honesty, And I hate giving out advice cause I know what works for me. I would be eating every 2- 2-1/2 hrs. To keep your metabolism going. Each meal would consist of protein, carb, and fat. Small meals. Not huge ones. Eat lots of greens. spinach, broccoli, cabbage.
Thanks JM I'll give it a shot, PP did a nice meal plan for me not so long ago it's a good meal plan, just a little bit hard for a college student on a fixed income lol

Angel said:
JM750 said:

my suggestion is start using My Fitness Pal to track your calories and macros (protein, fat, carbs) and really get down to the nitty gritty. Yes recording every meal is annoying BUT you get used to it and you learn a lot more about your Diet then just winging it.

also i think the fruit is good- it is very low cal you can literally eat fruit all day and barely break 400 cals, plus its full of fiber (which lowers Net Carbs) and nutrients - the stuff that I would suggest getting away from is stuff like Corn tortillas, Potatoes, Croutons, Cereal, etc. Anything starchy or bread or pasta or refined carbs i would avoid because it is just empty carbs mostly, little or no fiber, very high GI (glycemic index). if you arent familiar with GI go here:
http://www.glycemicindex.com/foodSearch.php

GI is basically a rating for Carbs, high GI means rapidly absorbed and spikes blood sugar rapidly, you will see a lot of people with diabetes ate a lot of high GI foods before they were diagnosed. this doesnt mean if you eat high GI you will get diabetes BUT if you are overweight and eat high GI it can definitely be detrimental. Low GI means slow absorption and better for health, controlling appetite, etc. Usually high in fiber. This is by no means a catch all either because for me personally I find extremely low GI foods like Broccoli burn through me like Air, I find Rice more filling and Rice really burns clean and is easy on my stomach compared to tons of Veggies (the fiber can clog you up if you get too much). BUT it also has to do with your body type, i have a very fast metabo so I utilize things like rice and potatoes in my diet, i wouldnt suggest the same for you because your Metabo is slower. i would use fruit and veggies. no starches, no bread, pasta, rice, cereal, etc. if you want a rough scale to go by, then try 200 protein 150 carb 50 fat. this is like a basic 2k general human intake. you can modify this to fit your needs but i would keep carbs lower then protein and fat lower then carbs.

SpikedEggnog said:
Angel said:
JM750 said:

my suggestion is start using My Fitness Pal to track your calories and macros (protein, fat, carbs) and really get down to the nitty gritty. Yes recording every meal is annoying BUT you get used to it and you learn a lot more about your Diet then just winging it.

also i think the fruit is good- it is very low cal you can literally eat fruit all day and barely break 400 cals, plus its full of fiber (which lowers Net Carbs) and nutrients - the stuff that I would suggest getting away from is stuff like Corn tortillas, Potatoes, Croutons, Cereal, etc. Anything starchy or bread or pasta or refined carbs i would avoid because it is just empty carbs mostly, little or no fiber, very high GI (glycemic index). if you arent familiar with GI go here:

GI is basically a rating for Carbs, high GI means rapidly absorbed and spikes blood sugar rapidly, you will see a lot of people with diabetes ate a lot of high GI foods before they were diagnosed. this doesnt mean if you eat high GI you will get diabetes BUT if you are overweight and eat high GI it can definitely be detrimental. Low GI means slow absorption and better for health, controlling appetite, etc. Usually high in fiber. This is by no means a catch all either because for me personally I find extremely low GI foods like Broccoli burn through me like Air, I find Rice more filling and Rice really burns clean and is easy on my stomach compared to tons of Veggies (the fiber can clog you up if you get too much). BUT it also has to do with your body type, i have a very fast metabo so I utilize things like rice and potatoes in my diet, i wouldnt suggest the same for you because your Metabo is slower. i would use fruit and veggies. no starches, no bread, pasta, rice, cereal, etc. if you want a rough scale to go by, then try 200 protein 150 carb 50 fat. this is like a basic 2k general human intake. you can modify this to fit your needs but i would keep carbs lower then protein and fat lower then carbs.
Thanks for the great info SpikedE, I never knew about the GI, and yes I do get carried away eating stuff like that I need to really step my game up and start counting everything I eat I'll look in to the app you're suggesting hopefully It could identify the food's that I eat and tell me how much calories, proteins, carbs I'm consuming, thanks for your help..

Angel said:
SpikedEggnog said:
Angel said:
JM750 said:

Thanks for the great info SpikedE, I never knew about the GI, and yes I do get carried away eating stuff like that I need to really step my game up and start counting everything I eat I'll look in to the app you're suggesting hopefully It could identify the food's that I eat and tell me how much calories, proteins, carbs I'm consuming, thanks for your help..

no prob. my fitness is sponsored by Under armor i believe so they have money and a lot of things are in database, youd be surprised. Also try to get a food scale and weight all your food.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: How much protein & how much carbs?

SpikedEggnog said:
Angel said:
SpikedEggnog said:
"Angel" said:
"JM750" said:

no prob. my fitness is sponsored by Under armor i believe so they have money and a lot of things are in database, youd be surprised. Also try to get a food scale and weight all your food.
I'll give the app a try, as far for the food weighing I'll have to learn all of that lol

Ok hold up! This is not even close to what i laid out for you. Which was very low carbs med GOOD fats and high protein.

This daily intake is terrible and probly why you arnt losing weight. First and foremost you dont have a protein shake as a meal replacement. Second i said egg WHITES only not eggs w turkey. Also no yogurt for sure as its contains carbs. I sure as hell would tell you to have a protein shake after breakfast w a banana and oatmeal and peanut butter thats just crazy and far too many calories. Not to mention i said to have your protein shake and only the shake with almond 30-45 min after lifting. And then a small dinner.

I one hu dred thousand percent would never advise you to go to freaking el pollo loco to have greasy chicken thighs as thighs have high fat contest MASHED POTATOES and all that other crap after a workout.

The meal plan i have you was very easy and simple and healthy and easily affordable on a budget if shopped for correctly.

Im very very dissappointed and now understand why you had messaged me that u wernt losing weight.

Cmon bro this line of eating is totally unacceptable and bad for you.

This journey you are attempting is one that requires self control will power and extreme dedication. You need to decide right now if you have what it takes. Because your health, YOUR LIFE, depends on it!!!

PHURIOUS PHARMA

Just for shits and giggles i went and googled the nutritional facts on el pollo loco. Just your post workout meal is 1390 calories. We set your calorie intake at 1700. NOW ARE YOU STARTING TO SEE WHY YOU ARNT LOSING WEIGHT?!! Just your pwo meal which isnt even supposed to be happening is almost all your calories for the day. And you dont even wanna know the fat content or sodium etc. you would die if you saw it.

Im saying this out of care for you

STOP IT!!!!

PHURIOUS PHARMA

PHURIOUS said:
Just for shits and giggles i went and googled the nutritional facts on el pollo loco. Just your post workout meal is 1390 calories. We set your calorie intake at 1700. NOW ARE YOU STARTING TO SEE WHY YOU ARNT LOSING WEIGHT?!! Just your pwo meal which isnt even supposed to be happening is almost all your calories for the day. And you dont even wanna know the fat content or sodium etc. you would die if you saw it.

STOP IT!!!!

PHURIOUS PHARMA
That's why I fucken love this place lol yes I'm serious about everything I was going through some personal issues and lost track of my diet plan you had laid out for me just didn't want to bother you for another one, I'm dead serious about my life change i just need help sometimes remember I'm new to this bro, and I thought I was doing good you should have seen what I use to eat in the past lol
I appreciate the tough love brother..

Ya but bro cmon. You dont go to el pollo loco after the gym dude. U have a protein shake w water or almond milk and thats it. You definatly dont eat your calories for the day in one meal. You dont need another plan u just need to stick to it. We all have personal issues. Our ability to push beyong that and make ourselves stay true is what sets up apart from one another.

PHURIOUS PHARMA

Angel said:
PHURIOUS said:

STOP IT!!!!

PHURIOUS PHARMA
That's why I fucken love this place lol yes I'm serious about everything I was going through some personal issues and lost track of my diet plan you had laid out for me just didn't want to bother you for another one, I'm dead serious about my life change i just need help sometimes remember I'm new to this bro, and I thought I was doing good you should have seen what I use to eat in the past lol
I appreciate the tough love brother..

Dude i didnt know you had an entire diet plan laid out lol, i thought you were brand new. BUT dude yeah get serious and refocus on your diet and training, no more tortillas and potatoes and El Pollo stuff dude, stick to the plan and you will see results

PHURIOUS said:
Ya but bro cmon. You dont go to el pollo loco after the gym dude. U have a protein shake w water or almond milk and thats it. You definatly dont eat your calories for the day in one meal. You dont need another plan u just need to stick to it. We all have personal issues. Our ability to push beyong that and make ourselves stay true is what sets up apart from one another.

PHURIOUS PHARMA
I hear you loud and clear, I'll stick to the plan.

Please do. I dont want to see you do bad things to yourself

PHURIOUS PHARMA

PHURIOUS said:
Please do. I dont want to see you do bad things to yourself

PHURIOUS PHARMA
Wanted to know if I can substitute the stakes for chicken on occasions? And salads can they be added also?

Top Bottom