napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx
roidvisorsteroidify
osgear

How much dairy I'd too much..

Some say eat / drink others say absolutely not. I love the hell out of milk, but have replaced it with Almond Coconut mix. Now I treat myself to a glass bottle of whole milk a few times a month.
My dairy now consists of 4% cottage I mix with my tuna. I would say I average 4.5 cups a week, this meal is usually a post work out, some times supper.
I also eat a yo plait 100 Greek yogurt everyday after workout , I probably average another 3 thru out the week in the evening before bed if my stomach is grumbling and I can't handle a can of tuna.
I am all about shedding some fat right now and can eat my tuna straight if I have to( if it makes that big of a difference)for 10 more weeks.
I an getting healthy fats out of the cottage cheese and it is less caloric than any nut.
Opinions?

If you're sticking to low/non fat dairy, which it sounds like you are, I don't think you have to worry about it impacting your cutting goals. It's really all about caloric deficit. If the lactose doesn't cause you any trouble I'd say you're fine doing what you're doing. Personally, I try to limit my dairy intake because of it's inflammatory characteristics. When I'm training heavy I can def tell when I need to cut back on dairy if my joints are extra sore (especially knees) and recovery seems to come slower. When I'm on cycle the only dairy I ever really eat is nonfat cottage cheese and occasionally fat free feta. I'm a huge fan of almond/coconut/cashew milk, so those fill the milk void nicely for me.

I avoid milk all together, and stay far away from it. Milk and lactose is very counterproductive for me towards my goals. I also don't have much other dairy ever, other than my one 6oz serving of Greek yogurt per day.

As for your question, it depends on you and how you respond to dairy, as to how much is too much. However, this much I can tell you. You certainly aren't losing anything by avoiding it

RickRock said:
I avoid milk all together, and stay far away from it. Milk and lactose is very counterproductive for me towards my goals. I also don't have much other dairy ever, other than my one 6oz serving of Greek yogurt per day.

As for your question, it depends on you and how you respond to dairy, as to how much is too much. However, this much I can tell you. You certainly aren't losing anything by avoiding it

Well said - and nicely summed up.

My mrs can get lean eating Greek yogurt all day whereas I'll wake up puffy as hell if I eat a couple of cups of the stuff. I often wonder if it's in her DNA.. she's Greek and I swear it blows my mind with what she can get away with eating at family gatherings. Those same gatherings do so much damage to my body it's beyond comprehension.

Everyone's different and we all need to do figure out what works for us.

Conversely, guys like me and Dylan can slam trays of lasagna all day long and still get sliced. But we're special.

middle aged fat guy said:
RickRock said:

My mrs can get lean eating Greek yogurt all day whereas I'll wake up puffy as hell if I eat a couple of cups of the stuff. I often wonder if it's in her DNA.. she's Greek and I swear it blows my mind with what she can get away with eating at family gatherings. Those same gatherings do so much damage to my body it's beyond comprehension.

Conversely, guys like me and Dylan can slam trays of lasagna all day long and still get sliced. But we're special.

shes greek and eats GREEK yogurt, lol thats the secret. if youre italian eat pasta and pizza and youll get shredded..

I grew up big on whole milk. And still probably get too much milk and dairy. I'm sure if I dropped it out, I'd trim down a bit. Growing up, probably age 7 to 16, it was a gallon every two days. Since then 17 to now 27 it's probably 2 gallons a week.

Dairy is one of those things that I hate to give advice on. You need to figure it out for yourself.You know yourself better than I.
I can tell you this story from way back. I got ripped up really nice. I was on the Vince Gironda eggs and beef diet and that diet shreds you fast. Well at the time Vince was still living and had a column in some mag called ask Vince. I wrote him and told him that diet was great but it was boring. He said eat this for breakfast. 2cups of whipping cream with 3 scoops of egg protein powder, then have eggs and beef for lunch and diner. It actually accelerated my cutting.
So the good thing about dairy is that you can use it on a low carb diet OR a high carb lower fat diet. There is diary with high fat low sugar all the way to skim with no fat and higher sugar. So it is versatile.

drb_iac said:
Dairy is one of those things that I hate to give advice on. You need to figure it out for yourself.You know yourself better than I.
I can tell you this story from way back. I got ripped up really nice. I was on the Vince Gironda eggs and beef diet and that diet shreds you fast. Well at the time Vince was still living and had a column in some mag called ask Vince. I wrote him and told him that diet was great but it was boring. He said eat this for breakfast. 2cups of whipping cream with 3 scoops of egg protein powder, then have eggs and beef for lunch and diner. It actually accelerated my cutting.
So the good thing about dairy is that you can use it on a low carb diet OR a high carb lower fat diet. There is diary with high fat low sugar all the way to skim with no fat and higher sugar. So it is versatile.

Great stuff as always Dr. B.
Ric Drasin has a couple videos about the bb diet in the 70s and he calls out the same thing. High protein, moderate fat and low carb. The milk fat was used as fuel when carbs are cut really low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RickRock said:

LOLLLL I WISH i could pound lasagna all day and it would just shred me... i wish it acted like an eca stack or something LOLLL... unfortunately for me, it does not work that way.. i could probably get away with more with pasta than most but for instance, if my mom makes hers, especially lasagna, as much self control as i boast so often about, goes wayside in a blink of an eye... :D

Cynnamonwoodberry said:
Some say eat / drink others say absolutely not. I love the hell out of milk, but have replaced it with Almond Coconut mix. Now I treat myself to a glass bottle of whole milk a few times a month.
My dairy now consists of 4% cottage I mix with my tuna. I would say I average 4.5 cups a week, this meal is usually a post work out, some times supper.
I also eat a yo plait 100 Greek yogurt everyday after workout , I probably average another 3 thru out the week in the evening before bed if my stomach is grumbling and I can't handle a can of tuna.
I am all about shedding some fat right now and can eat my tuna straight if I have to( if it makes that big of a difference)for 10 more weeks.
I an getting healthy fats out of the cottage cheese and it is less caloric than any nut.
Opinions?

rick made very good points... i also NEVER touch regular milk... i go with UNSWEETENED cashew milk... almond and coconut are both good options but cashew is what i have found to be the very best... the only other dairy i have is 1 serving per day of greek yogurt, fat free, plain. other than that, there is NO dairy whatsoever in my diet... it ruins a cutting diet in more ways than one... some cheese every now and then but that's very rare for me... otherwise i tend to avoid it... i have always felt you should have some in your diet but nothing in abundance whatsoever... the problem with cottage cheese, even the fat free type is the crazy amounts of sodium in just one serving... its very bad to say the least..

That's pretty interesting breakfast with the whip cream..I've never heard of the egg beef diet, I'd eat the shit out of it though..started by my beef from University of Az grass fed flank, I've never seen such lean beef, it's fair in taste but healthy.
The cottage cheese is definitely high in sodium, I watch it and maintain 3000-3500 mg day..
It takes the edge of the Tuna..I just bought 3 10 lb boxes of pacific cod 5 oz fillets, so I'll lay of the cottage cheese for the rest of T3 cycle 4 weeks left.
I steam the fish over cabbage..its 25 grams protein and 90-95 calories a fillet, I'll just eat 10 of those a day for 4 weeks a steak here and there to switch it up..I'll carb up a little after the T3 to recover thyroid..

DylanGemelli said:
RickRock said:

LOLLLL I WISH i could pound lasagna all day and it would just shred me... i wish it acted like an eca stack or something LOLLL... unfortunately for me, it does not work that way.. i could probably get away with more with pasta than most but for instance, if my mom makes hers, especially lasagna, as much self control as i boast so often about, goes wayside in a blink of an eye... :D
haha I get where you're coming from with how certain foods can weaken us.. for me it was always my grandmothers gnocchi. 20 years ago, she used to spoon clenbuterol into my coffee for me each morning before I went to work (no BS). Looking back, I can't believe some of the stupid things I've done.

These days I'm with a greek girl who doesn't cook and eats nothing but protein pancakes - which I end up cooking. How times have changed :lol:

Top Bottom