napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx
roidvisorsteroidify
osgear

Holidays means free cheat day?

BroccoliAndSardines

Do you guys take off days on diet when it comes to holidays? I've dieting for my cut for about two weeks, half of me wants to cook myself healthy food on Christmas, but the other half wants to just eat anything that is being served that day. Eating healthy has made me feel good both in and outside of the gym, and I want to continue feeling good. But I love the pasta my aunt makes, and I also know that there's going to be pizza and other foods that are not too healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well...what's more important TO YOU
your goals..or momentary gratification

You do realize...That when you go off your established nutrition plan...it throws your metabolism, insulin response etc out of wack..and can take up to a week to recover

Ok thanks mans. I guess this quote is right " diet separates the men from the boys" . If that momentary satisfaction is going to affect my goal that much, I'm just going to keep dieting.

I don't find it that hard to compromise, stay off the booze eat no desserts or just a tiny portion but really slowly so it lasts as long. Avoid fattening starters, on Christmas Day I'll have a big portion of turkey breast with a few small roast potatoes and lots of veggies. My wife removes nearly all the fat from the gravy so I can have plenty of that with the meal.

This is very satisfying and enjoyable and apart from the small amount of fat used to cook the potatoes very clean too. No one is going to comment on it because I am pretty much eating what they are.

If you must eat pizza make sure you plan your calories so you don't exceed your daily maintenance levels. Do an hour of cardio first thing that day, don't eat breakfast, drinks lots of water and black coffee throughout the day, eat a modest lunch and then you can hit the pizza in the evening without being in a calorie surplus if you've done everything else correctly.

It's all doable with planning.

Thanks for the advice y'all. I'll just wait for New Years instead. For a fact I'm going to end up drinking Vodka and tequila like last New Years. YES I KNOW it's NOT a good idea, but tbh New Years is the only time I drink alcohol. 2018 the grind will continue though , this yr I wasn't strict on my diet until recently, but now I always cook my own meals and count my macros and make sure I get my nutrients. With all that being said, MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Unless your competing you can enjoy your holiday and get right back on track .

Thanks for the advice y'all. I'll just wait for New Years instead. For a fact I'm going to end up drinking Vodka and tequila like last New Years. YES I KNOW it's NOT a good idea, but tbh New Years is the only time I drink alcohol. 2018 the grind will continue though , this yr I wasn't strict on my diet until recently, but now I always cook my own meals and count my macros and make sure I get my nutrients. With all that being said, MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Hey bro, do you know what happened to the last guy who had a cheat meal on Christmas Day...he enjoyed himself!!! I'm not a fan of restrictive eating, I'm more of a IIFYM kind of eater, but I won't open that can of worms here. It's Christmas for fu%ks sake, have a little fun. Go in with a plan, enjoy yourself in moderation, don't binge, get back on schedule the next day and you'll be fine

Depends what you mean by cheat day. I wouldn't go balls to the wall, but there is nothing wrong with enjoying yourself, especially if you've been disciplined for a while. It can even sometimes be beneficial to have a short break depending how hard you've been pushing it. It can help rev metabolism back up as well as mentally help you prepare for your next push. You just have to be honest with yourself and don't take the cheat day/s too far.

First of all a diet is temporary eating clean is your life style . Enjoy the holiday if your not stepping on stage anytime soon there's nothing wrong with enjoying life just a little .

everybody has their own belief on this and how they go about it... for me, i really only cheat on thanksgiving and its probably not considered cheating to most, its just me deviating from my normal every day diet but thats not for everyone and im not saying you should not cheat... i have certain goals, expectations and sights that i have set on... i go out to dinner maybe 5 times a year on very special occasions but i have very specific instructions when i order so that my meals are cooked exactly how i would do it myself... its really up to you and how serious you are about everything you are doing... i would beat myself up for getting out of line with my diet but thats not to say others would do the same.. you are going to have people tell you to do what makes you happy and the more hard core people to tell you they would not cheat... there's arguments both ways and just because i do it one way does not mean im unfair to people that do it the other way... you do what you feel is right for you and your goals along with your happiness...

Unless your a competitor or high level athlete there is no reason why you can’t enjoy yourself. Gotta live life a little man, just don’t go excessive or do it constantly. I feel if I never cheat or go out for a drink I’ll certsibly lose my social life. Again just enjoy yourself just don’t be excessive.

LOL...all this is just rationalization for doing something you already feel isn't best or optimal....It's just looking for support to make yourself feel better about...look how you even language it "CHEAT"
if you really BELIEVED it was ok..you'd just do it..no muss no fuss..it wouldn't even come into your head...let alone make a thread about

The facts are..going off the reservation while dieting...sets you back..how much for how long ????

Top Bottom