napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx
roidvisorsteroidify
osgear

Dylan rick or the experts.

Juicehead88

Banned
So i went to give blood today. And the denied me. Said my iron was too high. Its at 20. Highest allowable is 18. Im totally off cycle. Been off 2 months. Only thing i take currently beaides a pretty clean diet is cellucor alpha amino. Its bcaas. I dont eat alot of red meat. So trying to figure out if that could be the cause or if something else affects it.

Anyone got advice how to lower it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Low magnesium. Or at least fixable by upping your magnesium. Magnesium and iron block the absorption of one another.

Oh. I was having trouble understanding that. But wouldnt my iron levels come down naturally after two months being totally natty ? I mean ive cycled alot. But i would think it would slowly drop or has it not been long enough.

no he sad that magnesium and iron both block the absorption of one another...

Looking at that chart i did drink quite a bit yesterday and had barely eaten before going. I dont eat alot of red meat occasional filets or ribeyes. But 90% chicken.

So magnesium will lower it or block the absorbtion of iron?

Last edited:
If by iron you mean hemoglobin then do a therapeutic phlebotomy. They won't use the blood, they will throw it away however. Every pint donated should lower your number by approximately 1 point. It will possibly go up a little in the mean time. After 3 times you should be good to donate. My TRT clinic will let people do a phlebotomy every week or two to get Hemoglobin back in range. After that find two different places to donate so you can go every month if needed. Or, take matters into your own hands and do a little blood letting.

If by iron you mean hemoglobin then do a therapeutic phlebotomy. They won't use the blood, they will throw it away however. Every pint donated should lower your number by approximately 1 point. It will possibly go up a little in the mean time. After 3 times you should be good to donate. My TRT clinic will let people do a phlebotomy every week or two to get Hemoglobin back in range. After that find two different places to donate so you can go every month if needed. Or, take matters into your own hands and do a little blood letting.

I dont want to do bloos letting. They did say i should call my dr and do the therpuetic donation

Top Bottom