esarms.com
bannednutrition.com
US-DOMESTICSUPPLY.WS        samson
ULTIMA Pharmaceutical        pharmalady
Steroidify.comroidvisor
OS Gear
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Competition Help

  1. #1

    Competition Help

    So I am going to compete in my first show mid-june of 18 in the physique division.
    For those who have competed before do you have any advice or anything on things to focus on, diet wise, etc..? Also would you suggest hiring a coach? I have heard that it is a waste of money and others say it essential that you hire one. Any feed back helps, thanks brothers

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Carpe Diem
    Posts
    691
    Quote Originally Posted by ncbro View Post
    So I am going to compete in my first show mid-june of 18 in the physique division.
    For those who have competed before do you have any advice or anything on things to focus on, diet wise, etc..? Also would you suggest hiring a coach? I have heard that it is a waste of money and others say it essential that you hire one. Any feed back helps, thanks brothers
    Hey brother, I have never actually competed, but am currently 3.5 weeks out from my very first men's physique contest; NPC Border States in San Diego, Masters 35+ & 40+ divisions. As for coaching, based on the questions you're asking, I would highly recommend hiring a good coach. I've been working with my prep coach for last 1.5 years; 1+ years recomp and a 12 week show prep. I get weekly check-ins, macro and cardio adjustments, etc and he is always available via text if need be. Conversely, you can try to go at it on your own, but if you don't know what you're doing, you may get less than satisfactory results...just my humble opinion bro

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Carpe Diem
    Posts
    691
    Quote Originally Posted by Vildail View Post
    That's awesome best of luck to you in your upcoming show Wesley and NC.

    The best in the world at anything they do all have coaches, multiple coaches. If your serious about competing, I think a coach is a must brother. "success leaves clues"
    Much appreciated bro!

    NC: just saw your stats, you're fricken huge man, why not Classic Physique?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    106
    I'm currently preparing for a show and imo a GOOD coach is crucial. Having someone who wants you to win just as badly as you want yourself to win makes this process more enjoyable. Just remember, communication is key!! If you slip up in diet, training, whatever... make sure to tell your coach!

  5. #5
    I never used a coach but I'm very versed in my diet and how to manipulate things for the results I need. I also know my body better than anyone. With that said, unless you have everything on point like that 100% and have experience getting to low bodyfat levels, carb and water manipulation, getting dry and hard, etc....a coach likely will benefit you considerably

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Sniper View Post
    Much appreciated bro!

    NC: just saw your stats, you're fricken huge man, why not Classic Physique?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's my dream bro! But I'm 6'8 and the maximum weight for classic is 275 and I feel like I'd need to be at least 300 on stage to be able to even have a chance at winning. I have a 6'10 wingspan on top of that lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by RickRock View Post
    I never used a coach but I'm very versed in my diet and how to manipulate things for the results I need. I also know my body better than anyone. With that said, unless you have everything on point like that 100% and have experience getting to low bodyfat levels, carb and water manipulation, getting dry and hard, etc....a coach likely will benefit you considerably
    Yeah I am clueless when it comes to that, I naturally stay between 7-11% body fat. May have been from all the years of being a basketball player and genetics


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Vildail View Post
    That's awesome best of luck to you in your upcoming show Wesley and NC.

    The best in the world at anything they do all have coaches, multiple coaches. If your serious about competing, I think a coach is a must brother. "success leaves clues"
    That's a great point they all do


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewKing View Post
    I'm currently preparing for a show and imo a GOOD coach is crucial. Having someone who wants you to win just as badly as you want yourself to win makes this process more enjoyable. Just remember, communication is key!! If you slip up in diet, training, whatever... make sure to tell your coach!
    Okay definitely thank you brother? Good luck on your show!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Carpe Diem
    Posts
    691

    Competition Help

    Quote Originally Posted by ncbro View Post
    That's my dream bro! But I'm 6'8 and the maximum weight for classic is 275 and I feel like I'd need to be at least 300 on stage to be able to even have a chance at winning. I have a 6'10 wingspan on top of that lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good God my dude, 300lbs I'd love to have me a little of your size, lol. I'm 5'10" and looks like I'll be stepping on stage at around 170lbs


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •