napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx
roidvisorsteroidify
osgear

Acne prone

stets

I've used prohormones and I felt like my skin would sprout pimples here and there and notice one cycle I sprouted ALL over my back. Just wondering if anyone knows some remedies to take care of acne. I DO NOT want to take Accutane as some people have literally killed themselves over because of bad depression. I've read the other guys post on Accutane but only one guy mentions to use proactive and shower twice a day but I feel like that won't help prevents or fully take it away but I will try that even tho it may be hard to shower throughout the day since I'm at work for half my day

Re: RE: Acne prone

stets said:
I've used prohormones and I felt like my skin would sprout pimples here and there and notice one cycle I sprouted ALL over my back. Just wondering if anyone knows some remedies to take care of acne. I DO NOT want to take Accutane as some people have literally killed themselves over because of bad depression. I've read the other guys post on Accutane but only one guy mentions to use proactive and shower twice a day but I feel like that won't help prevents or fully take it away but I will try that even tho it may be hard to shower throughout the day since I'm at work for half my day
Controlling estrogen, eating a clean diet, and regular tanning can help considerably. One thing to remember is that everyone is going to be different and acne is largely genetic. Some people get it all the time and some people never do, and anytime you are on high levels of exogenous hormones its going to be a possibility.

Re: RE: Acne prone

RickRock said:
stets said:
Controlling estrogen, eating a clean diet, and regular tanning can help considerably. One thing to remember is that everyone is going to be different and acne is largely genetic. Some people get it all the time and some people never do, and anytime you are on high levels of exogenous hormones its going to be a possibility.
Thanks! I actually live in a place where it's literally summer year round and the beach does help my body clear up with the sun and salt water. But it's quite embarrassing when my back has hundreds of dots (acne) all over. I thought my genetics wouldn't get much acne since high school I rarely had on my face. But ever since I touched PH, I notice breakouts on my arm, chest, and back.

As Rick said, controlling the estrogen really is important when you are prone to acne. The tanning does help dry acne out and the salt water that you have been swimming in is also great. This might sound like a gross question, but what kind of acne is it? Does it just come up like small red pumps, do they have pustules on them, are the larger spots that are painful? I only ask because they can all be delt with externally in different ways.

sweetnspicy said:
As Rick said, controlling the estrogen really is important when you are prone to acne. The tanning does help dry acne out and the salt water that you have been swimming in is also great. This might sound like a gross question, but what kind of acne is it? Does it just come up like small red pumps, do they have pustules on them, are the larger spots that are painful? I only ask because they can all be delt with externally in different ways.

They pop up like red dots as far as my back. My arms would have red dots and some with the white puss inside. My chest would sprout a few also. It may be my estrogen. Usually towards the middle or end I see it come

stets said:
sweetnspicy said:

They pop up like red dots as far as my back. My arms would have red dots and some with the white puss inside. My chest would sprout a few also. It may be my estrogen. Usually towards the middle or end I see it come

I'd just keep it clean and use a very smooth cloth to clean it. Not a normal washcloth, but something microfiber. Also I think vitamin A might be your best option.

If it's really bad use Vitamin A Acid (Retinoic Acid) - topically. You do have to make sure you don't over use it because it can be irritating to the skin, but it does work the fastest. Another option that will work a little more slowly, but less likely to irritate the skin is Vitamin A Aldehyde (Retinal) - topical. I don't recommend taking vitamin A orally because it is fat soluble and can be hard on the liver if you take too much.

sweetnspicy said:
stets said:
sweetnspicy said:

I'd just keep it clean and use a very smooth cloth to clean it. Not a normal washcloth, but something microfiber. Also I think vitamin A might be your best option.

If it's really bad use Vitamin A Acid (Retinoic Acid) - topically. You do have to make sure you don't over use it because it can be irritating to the skin, but it does work the fastest. Another option that will work a little more slowly, but less likely to irritate the skin is Vitamin A Aldehyde (Retinal) - topical. I don't recommend taking vitamin A orally because it is fat soluble and can be hard on the liver if you take too much.

Thank you! I'll look into that!

sweetnspicy said:
stets said:
sweetnspicy said:

this is really good advice... there are a lot of different remedies out there but they are all very dangerous, just like most hair loss treatments.. you can always go aggressive but the risk definitely does not outweigh the reward in any way... i hate to say that it's just part of this if it happens and you have to deal with it, because that's not entirely true but you never want to go with anything too aggressive... you really need to try to do the most natural ways possible... i have never been very acne prone but when i lived in hawaii, in that climate and going to the beach frequently etc. , my face was never as clear as it was then...

DylanGemelli said:
sweetnspicy said:
stets said:
sweetnspicy said:

this is really good advice... there are a lot of different remedies out there but they are all very dangerous, just like most hair loss treatments.. you can always go aggressive but the risk definitely does not outweigh the reward in any way... i hate to say that it's just part of this if it happens and you have to deal with it, because that's not entirely true but you never want to go with anything too aggressive... you really need to try to do the most natural ways possible... i have never been very acne prone but when i lived in hawaii, in that climate and going to the beach frequently etc. , my face was never as clear as it was then...

Bro, I'm born and raised here in hawaii! Lol. Howzit bra!

stets said:
DylanGemelli said:
sweetnspicy said:
stets said:
sweetnspicy said:

nice! i lived in maui for a while... that's where i met my fiance bro... i did love it there for a while but it is too small and too slow etc. for me but it definitely was a life changer for me in so many positive ways... im used to living in very large cities so upcountry maui was quite different lolll

DylanGemelli said:
stets said:
DylanGemelli said:
sweetnspicy said:
stets said:
[quote="sweetnspicy":bbjz3sii]As Rick said, controlling the estrogen really is important when you are prone to acne. The tanning does help dry acne out and the salt water that you have been swimming in is also great. This might sound like a gross question, but what kind of acne is it? Does it just come up like small red pumps, do they have pustules on them, are the larger spots that are painful? I only ask because they can all be delt with externally in different ways.

nice! i lived in maui for a while... that's where i met my fiance bro... i did love it there for a while but it is too small and too slow etc. for me but it definitely was a life changer for me in so many positive ways... im used to living in very large cities so upcountry maui was quite different lolll[/quote:bbjz3sii]

Haha nice! I'm on Oahu. Yeah Hawaii feels lazy most of the time but we have the best people with horrible traffic. Mainland has all the goodies. Your wife must be amazing if she's a local girl lol

You really should try sulfur soap. You can find at any drugstore... Walgreens / CVS etc... You'll see results in a week or two.

Only use on affected areas because it will dry your skin out.

546176b9170104e0eb97b337069e5953.jpg

sweetnspicy said:
stets said:
sweetnspicy said:

This is very solid advice right here, from sweet & Spicy.

cbbram said:
You really should try sulfur soap. You should be able to find at any drugstore... Walgreens / CVS etc... You'll see results in a week or two.

Would try. Altho most of it is on my back and hard to reach areas. Maybe I'll ask someone help me

Re: RE: Re: Acne prone

stets said:
cbbram said:
You really should try sulfur soap. You should be able to find at any drugstore... Walgreens / CVS etc... You'll see results in a week or two.

Would try. Altho most of it is on my back and hard to reach areas. Maybe I'll ask someone help me
It's also good to use daily for prevention even if you clear up...

Re: RE: Re: Acne prone

cbbram said:
stets said:
cbbram said:

It's also good to use daily for prevention even if you clear up...

Thanks, I'll look into it.

stets said:
DylanGemelli said:
stets said:
DylanGemelli said:
sweetnspicy said:
[quote="stets":rpki96ka][quote="sweetnspicy":rpki96ka]As Rick said, controlling the estrogen really is important when you are prone to acne. The tanning does help dry acne out and the salt water that you have been swimming in is also great. This might sound like a gross question, but what kind of acne is it? Does it just come up like small red pumps, do they have pustules on them, are the larger spots that are painful? I only ask because they can all be delt with externally in different ways.

nice! i lived in maui for a while... that's where i met my fiance bro... i did love it there for a while but it is too small and too slow etc. for me but it definitely was a life changer for me in so many positive ways... im used to living in very large cities so upcountry maui was quite different lolll[/quote:rpki96ka]

Haha nice! I'm on Oahu. Yeah Hawaii feels lazy most of the time but we have the best people with horrible traffic. Mainland has all the goodies. Your wife must be amazing if she's a local girl lol[/quote:rpki96ka]

she most certainly is... she's from the phillippines but lived in maui half her life so basically a local...

Top Bottom