napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Maybe I’m just getting old...

TacoTuesday

Seriously though 34yr male, 190lb, 5’9” bf around 20%. I have been powerlifting for a couple years now. I’m not really looking to get crazy cut, just looking to recover from small injuries a little faster without loosing 4 months of training. I’ve had a bad back since my early 20s and I feel it every few months. I’ve spent a lot of time reading about gear and talking about it with my wife. She is fine with me doing what I need to, just nothing crazy.

I had a conversation with a bro about mk677 and he said he had amazing results rebounding from injuries. I did a little research and it seems like there is a lot of big promises and bad info out there.

I’m curious, anyone else out there starting to feel their age and have a light cycle or experience with good SARMs that have helped them rebound? I wouldn’t mind gaining mass either, but not a priority. Priority is maintaining/gaining strength. I also have a rocking head of hair and I am scared to death of loosing it, thus my interest in SARMs.

Also I’m a garage gymer, so I’m a little sheltered. Haha. Basically the homeschoolers of the gear world.

Any input would be really appreciated.

Age ain't a thing Bro. By constantly challenging yourself with training and diet (and spirituality; you knew that was coming, I am the Buddha) you can remain youthful indefinitely. I'm wondering what triggers the back pain. Have you taken video of your squat and DL to tweak your form? Like BPak says, progressive overload is useless if your form is weak. Unless you are considering competition powerlifting may not be the way to go at this point as you can get better results with less risk of injury in the 10-12 rep range than heavy 1's. Stick with Dylan for your SARMs info and introduce things one at a time in order to assess their effectiveness for you. The foundation is your training and diet, we use gear to push past natural limits and plateaus.

I have had back pains for 30 years. Just a few months ago I was told to look at my hip flexors and flutes.
Sounds crazy but I followed som advice of an on line guy and fixed my problem.
Still have some broken stuff in the lower back but my pain is reduced huge. I was more sway backed because of my imbalance. That has reduced and my posture is also better. I do my ab work differently because of it.
Sounds crazy but look into it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buddha is also on the right track. What I am saying follows and adds to what he is saying. Form is everything! Using the right muscle at the right time is everything.
I am currently changing a lot of my lifts cause I have been trying to man handle the weight. Now I am pushing and pulling it correctly. Defiantly finding my week spots and trying to fix them to be better balanced.
Good luck

Age ain't a thing Bro. By constantly challenging yourself with training and diet (and spirituality; you knew that was coming, I am the Buddha) you can remain youthful indefinitely. I'm wondering what triggers the back pain. Have you taken video of your squat and DL to tweak your form? Like BPak says, progressive overload is useless if your form is weak. Unless you are considering competition powerlifting may not be the way to go at this point as you can get better results with less risk of injury in the 10-12 rep range than heavy 1's. Stick with Dylan for your SARMs info and introduce things one at a time in order to assess their effectiveness for you. The foundation is your training and diet, we use gear to push past natural limits and plateaus.

There is a lot of truth in this. My back issues stem from serious trauma 12 years ago. I was lucky enough to just end up with a really jacked up L4 L5. I lived 10 years in pain and lost my sense of physical wellness. It came down to two years ago barely being able to get out of bed and I chose to pick up a barebell instead of surgery and see what I could do. Powerlifting has changed my life. I can go 6months sometimes with zero pain. My general well-being is massively elevated from where I was. I have had some serious form issues to work through and have been really lucky to get great coaching from a handful of current world record holders. The worst thing is that I usually hurt my back with little things like picking up a 45 at a weird angle. I generally stay away from 1 rep stuff since I don’t compete and don’t plan too. In so many ways I do feel younger than I did a decade ago (though my 2 year old son is really trying to age me :) I’ve come to accept my natural limits in some regard but want to push them for recovery if I can, that’s what’s led me here.

Rally appreciate your thoughts man.

[in reply to Budda]
There is so much truth to this. My back pain comes from trauma 12 years ago. I was lucky enough to just end up with a jacked up L4-L5. I hit a tipping point two years ago when I could Barely get out of bed. Doctor was saying I needed surgery and instead I chose to go a different route and pick up a barebell and see what I could do. Powerlifting has changed my life. I can go 6 months now with zero pain. My mental and physical wellness are miles ahead of anywhere I was in the last decade. In a way I feel much younger than I am. I have had to work through some serious form issues. Pain can cause a lot of imbalance that needs to be slowly corrected. I’ve been super blessed to have befriended a world record holder (he has the same back issue as me) and he has really helped me clean up my form. But it’s always a work in progress. I don’t compete and don’t plan to. I stay away from 1 rep stuff for the most part, but probably should spend a little more time in the ‘body building’ range. I’ve come to accept my limits in some regards, but really want to push them when it comes to recovery.
Thanks man, I really appreciate your thoughts.

Last edited:
If you decide to try something to aid you effort and or recovery. Let us know how it works. I for one am interested in the results since I have the same issue.
Good luck

If you decide to try something to aid you effort and or recovery. Let us know how it works. I for one am interested in the results since I have the same issue.
Good luck

For sure I will update. Do you have disc issues? The reason I ask is I have had great results with Dr Stuart McGill’s methods. He has a book, the gift of injury, that is amazing. I also added a reverse hyper to my gym and do it one leg at a time every day. Not sure if that has helped yet, but I’ll let you know as I progress with it.

I was in similar situation as you about two years ago. I have L5-S1 disk issue from college sports injury. I’ve had 5 injections there with moderate improvement. Was taking tramadol every night to sleep.
My final remedy was getting on TRT with lose dose nandrolone 100mg a week. I realize this not for everyone but it radically changed my life. I’m virtually pain free with occasional flare up.
I’m a huge proponent of the therapeutic effects of low dose nandrolone.

I’m able to lift heavy 4 days a week with cardio and play sports with my kids. That was my goal....

First 20 years I was on all kinds of pain meds. They wanted to do surgery. I can’t remember the numbers of the disc that where bad but it was three of them. And lots of bulging. Hands and feet would go numb. Couldn’t hardly walk. Pain would move from side to side so I never walked or limped the same. Still have rough days now and then.
Last 10 years no meds. Switched to doctor prescribe 800 mg IBprofen. Only take one about once a week if needed. Lost 55 lbs that helped a huge amount. Then worked on my posture and form. Still working on strength in lower back, hips and glutes. Huge difference. I too would like to find something to aid.

I know all about aches,pains and back problems. I've had back issues since my early 20s. I have degenerative disc disease and a bad herniation between L5 and S1.

Reducing bodyfat will help you, and compounds like mk2866 and mk677 are great for healing and recovery. Just know that they won't fix a bad back. For that you have to figure out what the root issue is and go from there, whether it requires a MRI, chiropractor, therapy, or whatever

I was in similar situation as you about two years ago. I have L5-S1 disk issue from college sports injury. I’ve had 5 injections there with moderate improvement. Was taking tramadol every night to sleep.
My final remedy was getting on TRT with lose dose nandrolone 100mg a week. I realize this not for everyone but it radically changed my life. I’m virtually pain free with occasional flare up.
I’m a huge proponent of the therapeutic effects of low dose nandrolone.

I’m able to lift heavy 4 days a week with cardio and play sports with my kids. That was my goal....

Dude, I know the tramadol routine. I was there. Are you cycling at all or just constant dose TRT?

I know all about aches,pains and back problems. I've had back issues since my early 20s. I have degenerative disc disease and a bad herniation between L5 and S1.

Reducing bodyfat will help you, and compounds like mk2866 and mk677 are great for healing and recovery. Just know that they won't fix a bad back. For that you have to figure out what the root issue is and go from there, whether it requires a MRI, chiropractor, therapy, or whatever

Yeah I’ve come to grips with the fact that I will always have a bad back. At least until science can grow me a new disc (hey maybe someday). My MRI from a couple years back showed nerve root compression, but nothing that is going g to cause permanent damage. Poor form doing daily activity is usually what gets me, rarely the gym. There is a lesson to be learned from that for sure.

I think I’m are right on. I started dropping body fat slowly, coming from 22. My goal is to hit 12-14 which I was 18 months ago. I took some bad advice to go up to 20 for better recovery. Big mistake. I journal training and pain pretty extensively and has found that is my ideal range. Any lower and strength drops off rapidly (all natty up to now).

Would you stack mk2866 and mk677? If so, any recommendations for dose/duration/mini pct? This will be my first cycle.

Thanks man, this community is unbelievable!

one of the things that has helped me in a tremendous way is the cox table.. not many people are certified to have one but if you can find a chiropractor that has one and knows what they are doing, it has done a great deal of healing for me and my back is completely fucked... degenerative disc so bad that my spine clicks really bad, broken vertebrae etc... that has done so much for me...

yes, 677 and 2866 is definitely the stack you want...

btw... love your screen name... im originally from the midwest and i used to go to taco johns every tuesday for taco tuesday when i was a kid... LMFAO...

here's the stack layout

1-12 mk677 (NUTROBAL) 25 mg day dosed once a day in the p.m.
1-12 mk2866 25 mg per day, dosed once a day in the a.m.
9-12 DGA POST CT https://www.dganutrition.com/pct/post-ct

Mini pct 13-16

clomid 50/25/25/25
gw-501516 20 mg day
mk677 25 mg day

Day 10 running 25mg of MK677 - Holy shit. I’ve had sleep issues my whole life. Not any more. I sleep like a baby and 7-8 hours feels 10-12. Let me be clear this is not day time drowsiness. Elevated sense of well-being, likely from the sleep quality. I’ve noticed I’m finding a couple reps left in the tank even after I feel like I’m at failure. My back is actually feeling a lot better too and I think that could be sleep related too. I’m not as stiff in the morning and don’t have immediate discomfort. Placebo or legit I’ll take it. Only weird thing was crazy sweats the first couple days but those stopped. This is good shit.

Day 10 running 25mg of MK677 - Holy shit. I’ve had sleep issues my whole life. Not any more. I sleep like a baby and 7-8 hours feels 10-12. Let me be clear this is not day time drowsiness. Elevated sense of well-being, likely from the sleep quality. I’ve noticed I’m finding a couple reps left in the tank even after I feel like I’m at failure. My back is actually feeling a lot better too and I think that could be sleep related too. I’m not as stiff in the morning and don’t have immediate discomfort. Placebo or legit I’ll take it. Only weird thing was crazy sweats the first couple days but those stopped. This is good shit.

Like others have said, I too had back issues. I had a snowboard accident when I was 30 which caused a L5 S1 herniation. At 35 I started TRT and IGF1. After about 6 months all of my pain was gone. Now at 37 I’m between 9 to 10% body fat and stronger than I was in HS when I played football and competed in weightlifting.

Top Bottom