napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Bicept tear!!??

Jbatty62

What’s up fellas? Don’t know if it’s a tear or strain. I’ve had issue for about 4 months now. Think I got it from doing reverse curls. Pain is only when I flex and only in supinated position. So it’s in brachalis I think. I’ve been trying to train around it by doing no hammers or heavy training at all. But pain is still there. I know I know I should go see my doc. Just started new job and bennies don’t kick in for 3 months. Feed back from who knows there shit would be great guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go to a doc. I tore something in my forearm a year ago and I'm just now starting to be able to do pull ups again. Without medical treatment I've found a lacrosse ball helped the most and rub it out with ice.

Best of luck man, this stuff sucks.

Go to a doc. I tore something in my forearm a year ago and I'm just now starting to be able to do pull ups again. Without medical treatment I've found a lacrosse ball helped the most and rub it out with ice.

Best of luck man, this stuff sucks.

You know what it might be in my forearm brother now that you say pull-ups because pull-ups are a no go for me as well. Chin-ups are no problem at all no pain whatsoever but when I switch to Pulls It’s all bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suffered a complete distal biceps tear on my left arm in 2014. I was moving some stupid piece of furniture and over extended my biceps snapping and detaching it from my elbow. You need to see a Dr. to determine whether you suffered a full or partial tear, or just strained your muscle. Stains and partial tears will eventually heal themselves; full tears require surgical reattachment. Your Dr. will likely send you for a MRI to determine the nature of your injury and come up with a treatment plan. Sometimes Drs. will not recommend surgery even on a full distal biceps tear; this will depend on you age and how well you are doing, since other muscles in your arm will try to compensate for the loss of motion and strength. You can do a simple, supination-pronation test at home to determine the nature of your injury: Try opening a closet door (round handle) with your hand...do you have any issues doing this? Do you need to change the position of your arm in order to open it?

Please don't take me wrong bro, I'm just trying to help. :)

Pete54

Wait ... Let me look in my crystal ball................yep it what ever you think it is!!!!.... GO SEE A DOCTOR

No ones gonna be able to answer with that information if you have to wait 3 months (been there lol) either A. Layoff biceps till you can see a doc because if you completely tear it you’re fucked and will need it fixed right away. B. Lots of PT places offer a free consultation with the doc go in get the results than either say you’ll return when your insurance is ready or just take the free info and leave.

As others said, for proper diagnosis you need to see a doctor. I something very similar happen about two years ago, and I basically just went lighter on bicep movements until it healed. I never saw a doctor myself because it continued to get better and better even though it did take it at least a good two months or more to fully heal. I was also taking mk2866 and mk677 at the time to expedite the healing process

Been dealing with that for a little while now, finally getting better, for me hammer curls and any pull exercises, rows, lat pulls etc were the worst.
I have been taking 1000 mg of turmeric curcumin a day and that has helped tremendously, took about 2 weeks to get major relief some days it would just throb.
I lightened the load majorly on the pull exercises and somewhat on the curls, I cut out hammer curls completely for now though.

Here's a link that explains some stuff too

https://bodyspartan.com/bicep-tendinitis-and-brachioradialis-forearm-tendinitis/

Top Bottom