napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Diet question/situation.

Capthowdy

I have been dieting 6 weeks . Started at 202 down to 178 depleted . Currently around 181.
Looking good . I've been here before . Problem is when I get to this border line of really getting diced I get Stuck. I train 4-5 days weights and 30 mins cardio . Work outs are intense super set drop sets ect . Cardio is the same . Usually doing hiit. Or the stair master . When I'm done training I am soaked in sweat . I have to peel my clothes off .

Diet has been carb cycled the entire time. I haven't really counted anything yet as far as macros either .
Starting this week I am going to be counting bc last week I stalled out .
Im starting with 2100 calories and continueing to carb cycle . On cardio only days I do not eat carbs . Veges meat and fats only .

Any advice for getting this stubborn fat gone ? Of course I carry right in the lower gut right around the belly button .

I need to get as much fat gone as i possibly can . After I cycle this summer im coming off gear for a while if not forever so I gotta make this count !

Last edited:
You need to start counting calories for starters...and you may need to cut some calories. Once you get to a certain point on leanness, you really have to dial in tight to keep progressing. That's just reality. You may need to change your from the carb cycling too and go to more of a standard diet in a defecit

You need to start counting calories for starters...and you may need to cut some calories. Once you get to a certain point on leanness, you really have to dial in tight to keep progressing. That's just reality. You may need to change your from the carb cycling too and go to more of a standard diet in a defecit

When you say standard deficit do you mean a set number of calories and carbs and stick to that ?

Yes exactly. I think that would be better suited for bodybuilding goals

Got you , and it would make sense now to switch up the carb cycling too . Today is a weight twining day so 3 of my 6 meals have carbs . After that no more . I usually center them around workouts

IMO 20+ lbs in 6 weeks is too extreme. You are in too big of a deficit. But without counting you are just guessing. Your body will stop losing when it hits starvation mode from eating too little. How I handle clients is start with a 500 calorie deficit and should lose roughly 1 to 2 lbs a week. This keeps the metabolism moving and you still keep losing body fat. If you start to lose less than 1 lbs drop another 250 calories. Focus on HIIT cardio with weights or body weight exercises. I see it all the time people go to extremes which works good in the beginning but then where can you go from there if your calories are already too low. There are more than one way to skin a cat but I find this effective. Remember what you do to lose weight should be maintainable so your results are maintainable.

IMO 20+ lbs in 6 weeks is too extreme. You are in too big of a deficit. But without counting you are just guessing. Your body will stop losing when it hits starvation mode from eating too little. How I handle clients is start with a 500 calorie deficit and should lose roughly 1 to 2 lbs a week. This keeps the metabolism moving and you still keep losing body fat. If you start to lose less than 1 lbs drop another 250 calories. Focus on HIIT cardio with weights or body weight exercises. I see it all the time people go to extremes which works good in the beginning but then where can you go from there if your calories are already too low. There are more than one way to skin a cat but I find this effective. Remember what you do to lose weight should be maintainable so your results are maintainable.

I've done that method before . I didn't want to have to count everything . So what you susdgest I do now to continue losing fat???
And you bring out another issue that I run into . Maintaining the NEW lower body after I get it off has also always been a problem . I've never been able to figure it out . I eat clean any way . But come on , I like pizza and Chinese food too . I want to be able to maintain a low bf but I wana enjoy life too . Life's to short and I love food

I've done that method before . I didn't want to have to count everything . So what you susdgest I do now to continue losing fat???
And you bring out another issue that I run into . Maintaining the NEW lower body after I get it off has also always been a problem . I've never been able to figure it out . I eat clean any way . But come on , I like pizza and Chinese food too . I want to be able to maintain a low bf but I wana enjoy life too . Life's to short and I love food

Without knowing your macros or full stats or workout/cardio i can't really answer that. Honestly what prolly needs to happen is to reverse diet and start over going slower and counting everything

At your level now is do what Rick has said. Stabilize your body into a maintenance phase, lock-in your macros so your body stabilizes. After maybe two weeks then lower your cals by 500, & work from there. Remember proteins higher when in deficit to maintain muscle.

Shit !! So how long of a set back em I looking at ? As far as stats go I am 5 7' 182 lbs.
Weights 4-5 days. Cardio 5-6 days .
As far as Cala and macros I have done all the equations before in every way . To get maitance I multiply body weight by 14 and go from there . The numbers are damn near the same as using any of the equation formulas out there . Even before when I have dieted slower in the past I always come to this sticking point around the same bf level and i end up stopping there bc I can't figure out a way around it .

Here is my opinion, bro it's your mentality that is stopping you from getting to the next level!! Here is why I say this, 1) you carb cycle but don't count macros. I don't think that is even possible! How do you determine a low day, moderate day or high day. 2) you want to enjoy life by eating certain things that are causing you move further away from your goal. I say it's mental because you haven't committed whole heartedly to attaining your goal. Your in the middle with your commitment to your goal so your getting mediocre results! Here is an analogy, you want to be the be the best basketball player but you don't want to sacrifice the time to practice! Everything in life worth attaining takes discipline and sacrifice!!! You need to accept that first and come hell or high water stay disciplined to attain your goal!! That's what comes with attaining anything!!! I read your post and it's like saying I want to be pregnant but don't want to gain weight!! The counting of calories protein carbs and fat, monitoring progress in the gym with weights and cardio, all that comes along with getting to the next level if not everyone would be in phenomenal shape!! Don't want to sound rude but wanted to give my honest humble opinion to help you the best!

Here is my opinion, bro it's your mentality that is stopping you from getting to the next level!! Here is why I say this, 1) you carb cycle but don't count macros. I don't think that is even possible! How do you determine a low day, moderate day or high day. 2) you want to enjoy life by eating certain things that are causing you move further away from your goal. I say it's mental because you haven't committed whole heartedly to attaining your goal. Your in the middle with your commitment to your goal so your getting mediocre results! Here is an analogy, you want to be the be the best basketball player but you don't want to sacrifice the time to practice! Everything in life worth attaining takes discipline and sacrifice!!! You need to accept that first and come hell or high water stay disciplined to attain your goal!! That's what comes with attaining anything!!! I read your post and it's like saying I want to be pregnant but don't want to gain weight!! The counting of calories protein carbs and fat, monitoring progress in the gym with weights and cardio, all that comes along with getting to the next level if not everyone would be in phenomenal shape!! Don't want to sound rude but wanted to give my honest humble opinion to help you the best!
I agree with you bro. Carb cycling is all about counting, so if you're not counting anything it's nothing but a big guesstimated mess.

If you want to succeed you need to make yourself accountable by tracking everything. Otherwise it's like halfassing it

I agree! Start by figuring out your macros/calories. Then stay focused an assess your progress. Then you know where to make adjustments. Dieting to get shredded or show shape isn't easy. It takes discipline and sacrifice. Not many can do it and be patient. You can't out train a bad diet and a half ass diet will get you half ass results. You have the right idea just take it to the next level and be fully committed. Put everything into and just see what happens.

I get what your saying about counting and I agree 100% . When I cycled the carbs I did it by meals . Day 1 5 out of 6 meals would have carbs . Something like that and torrare how many meals had carbs with them . On lower days I'd take hem out and replace with veges .

When I said I wana eat food I like I ment AFTER I am done dieting . I want to maintain a lower body weight but still be able to eat stuff I like . I don't mean be a pig and completly forget about eating clean . I want some kind of balance .

If someone tells me how to put a pic on here I'll upload a pic from today so you guys can get an idea of where I am at bf% wise .

There might be an egg in there, or something ???? LOL, Just messing, dude it looks like water weight ? An easy way to target a total calories is have a weight you want to be , say 170, multiply that by 12 and go by that first, & again judge. Again use high protein in deficit !!

There might be an egg in there, or something ???? LOL, Just messing, dude it looks like water weight ? An easy way to target a total calories is have a weight you want to be , say 170, multiply that by 12 and go by that first, & again judge. Again use high protein in deficit !!

You see how I carry the fat down there in that lower guy right around the belly button or skinner tube as I call it ? That shit is so hard to get to go away

Top Bottom