napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Huntin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right here! I grew up in a hunting household. Use to go out almost every morning. I remember days during dove season when my dad would call me in sick to school, if we hadn't hit our limit yet.

Now I live in the city and have a job, so not as much anymore. I take two trips a year to go wild pig/boar hunting. Most places have no limit on wild pig, and they're exciting to hunt, so I can sometimes get a years worth of kills and thrills in that time.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Right here! I grew up in a hunting household. Use to go out almost every morning. I remember days during dove season when my dad would call me in sick to school, if we hadn't hit our limit yet.

Now I live in the city and have a job, so not as much anymore. I take two trips a year to go wild pig/boar hunting. Most places have no limit on wild pig, and they're exciting to hunt, so I can sometimes get a years worth of kills and thrills in that time.

Hell ya bro. Never hog hunted. Only deer hunt,turkey, pheasant, yoties. Bout it for me.

My wife's dad gets his max every year. Elk and dear mainly. Every time we come back from visiting I have a back pack full of meat. He even make Polish sausage with it.

Best food ever, and so much more humane that the factory farmed stuff we get in the city.....

Hell ya bro. Never hog hunted. Only deer hunt,turkey, pheasant, yoties. Bout it for me.
I always hated deer hunting growing up. Didn't have the patience. Always preferred birds, or mammals you could mostly track and hunt on foot. I've only ever shot one coyote, and that's cause he was fuckin up a turkey hunt of mine at the time. I know theyre a problem some places though and its common to get one on the weekly.

You gotta go hog hunting man. You can go super primitive when getting hog too. They're one of the few huge beasts you can take down with an arrow and your knife.

My wife's dad gets his max every year. Elk and dear mainly. Every time we come back from visiting I have a back pack full of meat. He even make Polish sausage with it.

Best food ever, and so much more humane that the factory farmed stuff we get in the city.....
If your hunting on the regular and hitting limits, you gotta make sausage! You can seriously land half a years worth of meat in one season. And as great as the meat is, you still get tired of the same steaks and loins day in and out. Sausages and jerkys make it a little more interesting. You also don't usually have to freeze them.

Deer gun season comes in this friday in Illinois. I'm washing all my gear up now. It's probably regulated a little differently here than most states. We can only use a shotgun with a slug or a .357 or larger revolver.

Deer gun season comes in this friday in Illinois. I'm washing all my gear up now. It's probably regulated a little differently here than most states. We can only use a shotgun with a slug or a .357 or larger revolver.
No shit, yer in IL also? I haven't hunted up here, since moving here.
Are those fun restrictions just on this specific season, or are those the only guns allowed any gun season? Where I grew up, in KS, we had 3 different "gun seasons" throughout the season (muzzle loader, shotgun, and rifle.) Each season had multiple calibers and gauges you could use.

No shit, yer in IL also? I haven't hunted up here, since moving here.
Are those fun restrictions just on this specific season, or are those the only guns allowed any gun season? Where I grew up, in KS, we had 3 different "gun seasons" throughout the season (muzzle loader, shotgun, and rifle.) Each season had multiple calibers and gauges you could use.

Ha fuck I'm in IL too! I went bow huntin this morning

We're gonna have to start an IL faction of AR. No ones gonna fuck wit us though, cause we got Guns & Gunz and we slay beasts!

437570ef11a4b0a60d0d4d0d6b396d11.jpg

Lil guy I shot 2 years ago.

Right in the middle of central Illinois right here! I was raised to hunt at an early age. I shot several deer (with both bow and shotgun) by the time I was 17. My father was big tin to it and loved the outdoors. As I got older I got away from it. I thought it was boring as fuck to sit in a tree cold as hell watching the wind blow all day long, so I quit going. Never been since lol

I was raised to hunt at an early age. I shot several deer (with both bow and shotgun) by the time I was 17. My father was big tin to it and loved the outdoors. As I got older I got away from it. I thought it was boring as fuck to sit in a tree cold as hell watching the wind blow all day long, so I quit going. Never been since lol

You needa go turkey hunting!

Oh shit! RickRock part of the IL crew! Shit just got real!

Seriously though, love that we got some game guys on here! Hunting is super important and necessary in so many different ways, and people aren't even aware of it. If it wasn't for folks like us, you'd have boar, buffalo, wolves and bears all over the fuckin place. Civilization would've not developed the way it has, nor would it sustain without hunting and conservation.

You needa go turkey hunting!

Ya man, actually tried this a few times too. I just never really had any luck with it when I did lol. It seems like I never really ever saw any turkeys unless it was deer season lol....go figure

Oh shit! RickRock part of the IL crew! Shit just got real!

Seriously though, love that we got some game guys on here! Hunting is super important and necessary in so many different ways, and people aren't even aware of it. If it wasn't for folks like us, you'd have boar, buffalo, wolves and bears all over the fuckin place. Civilization would've not developed the way it has, nor would it sustain without hunting and conservation.

Yes, I agree completely brother!

I use to but honestly I'd rather do it for meat only and even then I'm not patient enough to stay out that long in the cold. I always had good luck sitting out for an hour and coming back with trophies lol. I developed some guilt hunting for sport. I'm an animal lover but I'm no vegan by any means. My biggest scoring white tail was 167 B&C. I still enjoyed the challenge of scoring deer "on the hoof" even though that ground shrinkage often left me disappointed lol. Also the challenge of staying hidden in the middle of a crap ton of deer was exciting. I loved to watch them. Just being in nature in silence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Www.expressdomesticapache.com

[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom