napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

One of the funniest things in the gym...

ThepoManta

Yesterday, killing chest, minding my own business...

Super concentrated, then all of a sudden this dude walks by, about 150 pounds at about 6 feet I would say...
Walked past me over to a chest machine and then after his set of 5 reps (also way too heavy for him) he got off and he flared his ''lats...''
They call it ILS, Imaginary Lat Syndrome haha. Could not even finish my set, since I was laughing so hard.
On top of all things, he was wearing some kind of sleeveless shirt haha!

Amazing stuff

Super concentrated, then all of a sudden this dude walks by, about 150 pounds at about 6 feet I would say...
Walked past me over to a chest machine and then after his set of 5 reps (also way too heavy for him) he got off and he flared his ''lats...''
They call it ILS, Imaginary Lat Syndrome haha. Could not even finish my set, since I was laughing so hard.

Amazing stuff

I'd say that is extremely common and you can find at least 2 or 3 in pretty much any gym at any given time. Yes, the air lats are a real thing for these newbie guys to do as well lol

I'd say that is extremely common and you can find at least 2 or 3 in pretty much any gym at any given time. Yes, the air lats are a real thing for these newbie guys to do as well lol

Yeah this was the first time I actually saw someone do it haha.
Also, I laughed so hard because of it being after a chest exercise, not even a back exercise!

Yeah this was the first time I actually saw someone do it haha.
Also, I laughed so hard because of it being after a chest exercise, not even a back exercise!

They'll do it after anything. Hell they do it out in public away from the gym just walking down the street.

They do it instantaneously upon seeing them in public as well. Everybody wanna be ALPHA, but nobody wanna lift any big ass weights!!! I love baby lifters. I see someone big, or bigger I compliment them and ask where they train and if they wanna bang some iron... not attempt to flex on em'. Guys who do that shit to me I just smirk like "Good puppy, now go play". It's rampant here where I live.

They do it instantaneously upon seeing them in public as well. Everybody wanna be ALPHA, but nobody wanna lift any big ass weights!!! I love baby lifters. I see someone big, or bigger I compliment them and ask where they train and if they wanna bang some iron... not attempt to flex on em'. Guys who do that shit to me I just smirk like "Good puppy, now go play". It's rampant here where I live.
exactly... man, i dont get that shit... you cannot be that ignorant and not know you should not be doing that shit... yet i see it so much... common sense... not so common

Amazing stuff

Lol, i love seeing that. Wearing super tight sleeveless UA shirt, skin and bones or heavy and hairy. I am really self conscience about myself, i do wear form fitted shirts. I just don't feel comfortable showing everything to just anyone. Just not my thing, maybe I'm just weird being pale Irish/Scandinavian skin

I wear random clothes to the gym. I literally dress like someone with zero fucks given. Cargo shorts because they're stable and hold what I need held without flopping around hitting me in the dick, whatever tank, or tee that I like to workout in and a fitted ball cap. I'm there to lift, not look like a model. As far as air lats... maybe when I was 15, but I've managed to graduate to a level where the lats are real in my life lol. People tend to watch me, I don't pay ppl any mind unless they're the in denial type that's unfortunate enough to underestimate me based upon my height. I love bathing in the disappointment tears of tall guys in the gym... I either inspire, or retire mother fuckers point blank.

We had a back room in our gym at college (powerlifting setup) and it had a relatively narrow door...Anyhow, this guy
we came to call "the latster" would flare out just wide enough to "accidentally" have problems
walking through the door and he would turn sideways...it was funniest thing we ever saw. And
dude had decent size, it was just so obvious (that plus backwards cap and gym pants - whole
package)....

I wear random clothes to the gym. I literally dress like someone with zero fucks given. Cargo shorts because they're stable and hold what I need held without flopping around hitting me in the dick, whatever tank, or tee that I like to workout in and a fitted ball cap. I'm there to lift, not look like a model. As far as air lats... maybe when I was 15, but I've managed to graduate to a level where the lats are real in my life lol. People tend to watch me, I don't pay ppl any mind unless they're the in denial type that's unfortunate enough to underestimate me based upon my height. I love bathing in the disappointment tears of tall guys in the gym... I either inspire, or retire mother fuckers point blank.
Inb4 44 buys a cargo romper

Top Bottom