napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Horrible Headaches Post Workout

Wonder woman

Does anyone get debilitating headaches after a hard workout?

My 18 year old son has started developing debilitating migraines with nausea after a hard leg workout, so much so that yesterday he slept on the bathroom floor for several hours after he was done puking. His vision will go blurry and he starts to feel lightheaded right before he gets sick.

He says he eats before he goes and he uses a preworkout and drinks lots of water while at the gym. His workouts are 2 -2.5 hours long. Any ideas? Think it could be a blood sugar issue?

Sounds more like a blood pressure thing. That is way too long to be training and the fact that he is using a pre workout that is likely loaded with caffeine concerns me. I recommend training 45 minutes to an hour max and stopping caffeine use.

It's not the first time I've heard of this after intense leg training. If you're concerned about blood sugar get a blood glucose meter.

It's not the first time I've heard of this after intense leg training. If you're concerned about blood sugar get a blood glucose meter.

I'm going to pick one up tomorrow morning and check it out. This is the second time it's happened but he does not want to see a dr.

i mean, i workout several hours but most of that is cardio time... actual lifting time, that would be way way way too long... its always possible he could be over training... however i would get health screens done to be sure

Def sounds like I blood sugar issue I suffer from the same thing. Drinking an EAAA drink mid workout as well as a handful of gummy bears will help tremendously. That?s what I do. I have a fast metabolism and if I?m not eating I fee super sick!! And the fact that he feels this way after training legs def sounds right That?s when I fee the worst. But for sure his trading time is ridiculous if that?s solid training time. Although the way people treat the gym now and days that sounds right HA talking to 5 diff people for 10-15 min taking selfies and instagramming inbetweeen sets 2.5 hours seems even to short haha. ( Not saying that?s how your boy trains) also he needs
To eat almost immediately after training he could be waiting to long after training as well.

i mean, i workout several hours but most of that is cardio time... actual lifting time, that would be way way way too long... its always possible he could be over training... however i would get health screens done to be sure

The time includes his cardio too. His lifting time is probably 1.5 hrs. We are definitely going to check it out.

The time includes his cardio too. His lifting time is probably 1.5 hrs. We are definitely going to check it out.

1h cardio 1h weights if good if he?s hitting it hard.

i sometimes get this after intense deadlift sets, maybe experiment if it?s the blood sugar and bring a bottle of powerade or something for him to drink throughout his workout and see if it makes a different, if it does, its bloods sugar related.

I see some guys at my gym that will stop halfway through their workout and eat a banana on leg day

Last edited:
Top Bottom