napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

AST/ALT Levels Spiked WTF?

October

Blood report came back with AST (SGOT) @ 198. Reference Range 0-40 IU/L
ALT (SGPT) @ 83. Reference Range 0-44 IU/L

What the hell? This is a pre blast blood run up. My last two blood panels came back at the lower end of the scale. My blasts were testosterone only. No oral compounds at all. Low alcohol consumption. No meds. I went through a huge change at work and have been a disaster gym and diet wise for several months. Any ideas fellas?

Based on what you told me all i can really assume what you were pinning may not of been test, however if you got it from a source here there is no doubt it was test, but 198 is extremely bad, something's definitely fucking with your liver here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't get it. No abdominal pain, no health issues or anything else that I have knowledge of to spike those readings. I have done some research and this can happen temporarily from muscle damage. The only thing I can think of is I have not been hitting the gym for a few months. The week before the blood test I hit it really hard obviously causing muscle trama. All the other indicators that should be elevated if it was a liver problem are in range.

It is true that heavy sessions can spike enzymes. Although that’s a major spike. Do you get blood work on your own or through a doc?

If you aren't drinking alcohol, or on any meds or orals, I'm not sure why your levels jumped that high. I'd get on some TUDCA asap to bring that down

I would get another blood test to confirm. If it comes back the same, then go see a doctor cause there could be something else going on. Keep us posted as i am curious to know.

I've seen them near 300 (not on myself) which then drop back to normal. They are only surrogate markers after all, possible by any inflammation or even an auto-immune response from a simple virus, to hepatitis etc etc.

Usually you would test again in 3 months (I'd expect them to have dropped) and then re-test AGAIN in another 3 to make sure they stay there.

Having said that, your doc will recommend the best course of action: probably getting all the other surrogates pulled as well (Glob, Gamma, Alb, Bill etc) right now to make sure nothing else is going on.

i would do another test because at times, there are false readings because nothing else adds up here whatsoever... the thing that concerns me is this could be an indication of some sort of liver diseases if there are no underlying issues causing it... im not trying to scare you but clinically, that is what the concern would be

Do you get blood work on your own or through a doc?

I'd like to know too... my last test from privatemdlabs had spiked liver values (90 and 61 roughly) plus some other numbers that didn't add up.

I'm sure you've found that aspirin/ibuprofen/etc can spike values as well but you said no meds, right? I was using Aleve right before my test and didn't think anything of it, any chance you took something after the hard workouts? Something you wouldn't even consider a med?

Thanks guys. I did a lot of research on this last night. I go through privatemdlabs for all of my blood work. What I learned is a single elevated incident is not that uncommon. These readings may have nothing to do with liver function at all. Any trama, injury, inflammation of other tissues can cause a spike. I went through my panel and checked everything. Any reading that was associated with liver disease or liver function is in the normal range. From my research, trama, injury, inflammation may cause the enzymes to elevate after the injury for several days. Based on my past readings and no change in lifestyle as far as substances that are hard on the liver I'm giving it two weeks and will have a retest. I'm going to go ahead with my GW-501516 at 25mg, MK-2866 at 25mg, and test c @ 100mg/wk trt dose. After new blood panel I will reevaluate a blast.

Will do Tazz. Sucks its in the back of my mind, but after evaluating everything associated in the blood panel I think I'm good. Update in two weeks brother.

Top Bottom