napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx

Blood Works - Please Help Interpret (High E2)

JamesT

https://www.screencast.com/t/7PsqtAuC

I hope that you can either see this embedded, or just click the link to see my most recent blood works.

Stats, Story, Goals etc here

As mentioned in above link, I don't trust my doctor's recommendations much - and believe I'll get better opinions of what I should do here.

Estradiol 55pg/mL (11.00-44.00)

The most pressing is my high E2 levels, which were also due to a fuckin dumb ass doctor's blunder last year - when I was first prescribed TRT, and before I had done my own research. she first gave me some bullshit dose, like 10mg - which I later researched, and came back about a week later - telling her it was ridiculously dumb, so then she gave me like 200mg - and she never even mentioned anything about aromitase inhibitiors (AI) (facepalm).

I kind of freaked out, because I didn't know enough about it, didn't trust the dumb ass doc - and so just completely stopped. Which the lead to my E2 being about the same as what it currently is - over double what I understand it 'should' be, at around 20-25pg/ml.

Current doc is better than the first one, and is on TRT himself - but also isn't the best doc out there. I started with Test Cyp late October 2017, 100mg/week, 1 shot per week. He sold me 1mg Anastrazole capsules, to take every morning - which I did religiously. These recent test still show high E2, so he said to take 1mg in the morning, 1mg in the afternoon/night.

I'm now convinced the Anastrazole isn't working for me, and is probably some weaksauce generic shit - so I'm trying to get my hands on Aromasin, hence my post about a source in Asia here.

I had actually started a blast of 500mg about 2 weeks ago, pinning Sunday and Thursday - but I started to notice some sides of high E (bloating, emotional/weapy) - and after seeing Dylan's video about how much testosterone to use - I've decided to dial it back to 200mg/week, starting now.

I started taking 2mg Anastrozole in the morning, and 2mg afternoon/night - because I literally don't know what else to do, and it'll take weeks for me to get something like Aromasin - because I'm pretty sure I can't easily get it here, and have to get international shipping from the States.

Anyhow, there are other issues that I saw within my results - and am all ears on what I should do to get myself in better shape, more OPTIMIZED.

Lastly, I'm pretty sure that high E2, low DHEA, and probably some of the other imbalances there are the reason why I haven't felt "that" much of a boost since I started TRT. I mean, I'm definitely feeling quite a lot better - as I was pretty much a flat tire back in October. However, I don't feel the libido, recovery times, strength, energy, gusto for life etc that I expected.

Then again, it 'might' be because I started from such a low baseline due to all the stuff I mentioned in Stats, Story, Goals etc here???

bro your estrogen is not that high for your BF% @ 25-27, that can happen. You want that # to come down, lose weight

it seems like a bit of a caveat and a loop i.e. high E is dampening the effects of the T, isn't it? Like the T should be helping me lose fat, but those effects are harder to obtain due to the high E? So then it's preventing me from dropping weight as efficiently as if my E was already about 20-25 - correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm definitely on a weight loss mission, and have already lost 9lbs in 2 weeks, religiously eating Paleo 6 days a week. I'm just thinking that if I had something like Aromasin - I'd be able to drop the E levels within 1-2 weeks, correct?

Else, I can only realistically say that I'll be losing sufficient weight over the course of about 4-6 weeks - so I just leave the E levels where they are?

no, AAS are not fat burners. As you can see your cholesterol is also not so great, all due to increased BF%. You can solve or alleviate both by losing weight

so having E levels of 20-25 wouldn't help me drop any weight at all? I realize NOTHING will just "make fat go away" - I'm just saying that if I was to do the exact same diet and exercise, would it, or would it not "help/assist" me to drop weight faster if my E levels were lower, as opposed to 55?

so having E levels of 20-25 wouldn't help me drop any weight at all? I realize NOTHING will just "make fat go away" - I'm just saying that if I was to do the exact same diet and exercise, would it, or would it not "help/assist" me to drop weight faster if my E levels were lower, as opposed to 55?

No, you would be putting a band aid on a bullet wound you want to address the bullet wound. Your issue is not E it is BF and LDL, E is just a result from this and plus your adding testosterone which is never advised with high BF due to this exact scenario.

Which the more I think about it the more I see the possibility that your TT may have been affected by this in the first place. Elevated E will cause Low T

OK, thanks Brother. I really am not the type to argue about stuff like this, but perhaps you missed the below from my OP. I never had issues with my E prior to the below incident. My E was at least half, this is in about September 2016, and my E has been over double ever since.

due to a fuckin dumb ass doctor's blunder last year - when I was first prescribed TRT, and before I had done my own research. she first gave me some bullshit dose, like 10mg - which I later researched, and came back about a week later - telling her it was ridiculously dumb, so then she gave me like 200mg - and she never even mentioned anything about aromitase inhibitiors (AI) (facepalm).

I kind of freaked out, because I didn't know enough about it, didn't trust the dumb ass doc - and so just completely stopped. Which then lead to my E2 being about the same as what it currently is - over double what I understand it 'should' be, at around 20-25pg/ml.

Hypothetical Situation: Male A and Male B are almost identical in EVERYTHING i.e. stats, diet, exercise, blood works BUT Male A has 20pg/mL E2, and Male B has 55pg/mL E2. Otherwise, everything else they do is identical.

Assumption: Given that everything aside from E levels are identical - they lose weight at the exact same rate.

TRUE or FALSE?

Last edited:
No, you would be putting a band aid on a bullet wound you want to address the bullet wound. Your issue is not E it is BF and LDL, E is just a result from this and plus your adding testosterone which is never advised with high BF due to this exact scenario.

see above about the doctor's blunders - I never had high E levels before that, and my bodyfat increased after E levels went up, along with all the adrenal fatigue and other issues I was battling that I mentioned. I realize it's a lot to read, but I did mention them.

The LDL and cholesterol levels seem to be genetic, both my parents are on Statins, my Brother and Sister are also potentially going to be on Statins, and I have been prescribed Statins by 3 different doctors.

I'm HOPING this isn't true, and am now doing my best to bring LDL down naturally with healthier living, and now that I'm not on painkillers etc - but it has barely moved in 7-8 months.

My T levels were like 330 on a scale of 250-870 or something like that in August - I had terrible symptoms, including unexplained weight gain, low libido, fatigue, depression, hair loss, brain fog, gyno...I think going on TRT was the best decision.

Sorry man, like I said - I'm not the type to argue - because we both lose. But it's hard for me to just ignore/accept when someone is forcing an issue on me, when it 'seems' to me that they didn't read all the facts, and made assumptions of their own.

We both lose here, regardless of who's right or wrong - this back/forth did neither of us any favors.

Last edited:
well given that I'm already on a mission to lose as much bodyfat % as I can, my question was simply whether lowering my superficially elevated E levels would aid me in losing said bodyfat %.

I wish you'd answer my hypothetical scenario about Male A and Male B - because that's all I was really talking about. but...you chose not to answer it - so be it.

well given that I'm already on a mission to lose as much bodyfat % as I can, my question was simply whether lowering my superficially elevated E levels would aid me in losing said bodyfat %.

I wish you'd answer my hypothetical scenario about Male A and Male B - because that's all I was really talking about. but...you chose not to answer it - so be it.

No one can answer that question because it's not that simple too many variables doesn't work that way. lol, there's no way for me to make you understand just by you posting one thread.

Hypothetical Situation: Male A and Male B are almost identical in EVERYTHING i.e. stats, diet, exercise, blood works BUT Male A has 20pg/mL E2, and Male B has 55pg/mL E2. Otherwise, everything else they do is identical.

Assumption: Given that everything aside from E levels are identical - they lose weight at the exact same rate.

TRUE or FALSE?
its too generic of a question... there are several other variables there... if you have low T, then regardless, your going to have trouble losing weight period... elevated estrogen will hold water, so technically your carrying more weight with water... here's the problem, high estrogen and low estrogen both carry many sides... if you have it too high or too low, it can cause unwanted weight gain... yes, if you have estrogen in range, it will make it easier to lose weight but there are other variables there... your hypothetical question has hypothetical scenarios that could alter the answer... NOONE dodged your question but onliy an asshole that doesnt know shit would answer that as if there was one clear answer... there are technicalities... i can give you the generic like i did taking out all variables... regardless, with a body fat that high, your going to convert estrogen and a HIGHLY elevated rate.. its very unhealthy...

My e levels were 44, and it hit me so hard, I was curled into a ball for a week.

Everyone is different

its too generic of a question... there are several other variables there... if you have low T, then regardless, your going to have trouble losing weight period... elevated estrogen will hold water, so technically your carrying more weight with water... here's the problem, high estrogen and low estrogen both carry many sides... if you have it too high or too low, it can cause unwanted weight gain... yes, if you have estrogen in range, it will make it easier to lose weight but there are other variables there... your hypothetical question has hypothetical scenarios that could alter the answer... NOONE dodged your question but onliy an asshole that doesnt know shit would answer that as if there was one clear answer... there are technicalities... i can give you the generic like i did taking out all variables... regardless, with a body fat that high, your going to convert estrogen and a HIGHLY elevated rate.. its very unhealthy...

totally understand.

The only reason I created the hypothetical, was that I felt the initial opinions given "your bodyfat % is high, that's why your E is high, and BTW that's why your cholesterol is high" was a hasty reading, without looking at the details that I'd provided, and making assumptions.

As I explained, it's the other way around i.e. I had low T, normal E - then the doc went and fuct me up, I had way higher E, and probably as a synergistic effect with all my other issues including low T - gained more weight.

So to me, it was dodging the questions I earlier posed. I expected more from a moderator of this forum, because that was like shooting from the hip comments IMO.

Anyhow, you answered my initial thoughts with this "yes, if you have estrogen in range, it will make it easier to lose weight" - thank you, much appreciated.

totally understand.

The only reason I created the hypothetical, was that I felt the initial opinions given "your bodyfat % is high, that's why your E is high, and BTW that's why your cholesterol is high" was a hasty reading, without looking at the details that I'd provided, and making assumptions.

As I explained, it's the other way around i.e. I had low T, normal E - then the doc went and fuct me up, I had way higher E, and probably as a synergistic effect with all my other issues including low T - gained more weight.

So to me, it was dodging the questions I earlier posed. I expected more from a moderator of this forum, because that was like shooting from the hip comments IMO.

Anyhow, you answered my initial thoughts with this "yes, if you have estrogen in range, it will make it easier to lose weight" - thank you, much appreciated.
no problem... when i give an answer i am responsible to let you know every aspect of it, pertaining to the information given... so i hope you have the answer you were looking for

My E was 59 then I started aromasin on my own at 12.5 eod and it stays around 30-35 on the sensitive estrogen test.

One thing I will say though, when my E was 59 I felt better I thought and really didn't notice any sides at all so I completely see the other guys argument about losing weight and it being almost impossible to know what will really happen. You can be fat with low E if your taking enough adex or aromasin regardless.

So you mean bringing your E down to 30 didn't really help you out? What do you mean you felt better, just like general sense of well-being?

I mentioned how I'm wondering why I haven't felt the full effects I expected from increasing my T, and that 'maybe' it was as a result of things like DHEA being a bit low, and E being higher than normal.

of course I understand you could be fat with low E, or ripped with extremely high E (from a cycle or something).

no problem... when i give an answer i am responsible to let you know every aspect of it, pertaining to the information given... so i hope you have the answer you were looking for

not really LOL! =) The thread got hijacked by the initial opinions given. I was hoping for some interpretation on the entire blood works, with an emphasis on whether bringing E levels down would help me a) feel better, and b) drop weight faster.

"Lastly, I'm pretty sure that high E2, low DHEA, and probably some of the other imbalances there are the reason why I haven't felt "that" much of a boost since I started TRT. I mean, I'm definitely feeling quite a lot better - as I was pretty much a flat tire back in October. However, I don't feel the libido, recovery times, strength, energy, gusto for life etc that I expected."

https://www.screencast.com/t/7PsqtAuC I'm wondering if there are any other clues in my blood works that might be able to explain why I'm still not feeling so great. There are things like low FSH and LH, borderline Insulin, SGPT, SGOT (and others) - which I don't fully understand yet.

Does anyone understand, and could help shed some light, perhaps less focus on E?

Top Bottom