napsgeareudomestic
bannednutritionRegenRx
roidvisorsteroidify
osgear

Competition Help

ncbro

So I am going to compete in my first show mid-june of 18 in the physique division.
For those who have competed before do you have any advice or anything on things to focus on, diet wise, etc..? Also would you suggest hiring a coach? I have heard that it is a waste of money and others say it essential that you hire one. Any feed back helps, thanks brothers

So I am going to compete in my first show mid-june of 18 in the physique division.
For those who have competed before do you have any advice or anything on things to focus on, diet wise, etc..? Also would you suggest hiring a coach? I have heard that it is a waste of money and others say it essential that you hire one. Any feed back helps, thanks brothers

Hey brother, I have never actually competed, but am currently 3.5 weeks out from my very first men's physique contest; NPC Border States in San Diego, Masters 35+ & 40+ divisions. As for coaching, based on the questions you're asking, I would highly recommend hiring a good coach. I've been working with my prep coach for last 1.5 years; 1+ years recomp and a 12 week show prep. I get weekly check-ins, macro and cardio adjustments, etc and he is always available via text if need be. Conversely, you can try to go at it on your own, but if you don't know what you're doing, you may get less than satisfactory results...just my humble opinion bro

That's awesome best of luck to you in your upcoming show Wesley and NC.

The best in the world at anything they do all have coaches, multiple coaches. If your serious about competing, I think a coach is a must brother. "success leaves clues"

Much appreciated bro!

NC: just saw your stats, you're fricken huge man, why not Classic Physique?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm currently preparing for a show and imo a GOOD coach is crucial. Having someone who wants you to win just as badly as you want yourself to win makes this process more enjoyable. Just remember, communication is key!! If you slip up in diet, training, whatever... make sure to tell your coach!

I never used a coach but I'm very versed in my diet and how to manipulate things for the results I need. I also know my body better than anyone. With that said, unless you have everything on point like that 100% and have experience getting to low bodyfat levels, carb and water manipulation, getting dry and hard, etc....a coach likely will benefit you considerably

Much appreciated bro!

NC: just saw your stats, you're fricken huge man, why not Classic Physique?

That's my dream bro! But I'm 6'8 and the maximum weight for classic is 275 and I feel like I'd need to be at least 300 on stage to be able to even have a chance at winning. I have a 6'10 wingspan on top of that lol

I never used a coach but I'm very versed in my diet and how to manipulate things for the results I need. I also know my body better than anyone. With that said, unless you have everything on point like that 100% and have experience getting to low bodyfat levels, carb and water manipulation, getting dry and hard, etc....a coach likely will benefit you considerably

Yeah I am clueless when it comes to that, I naturally stay between 7-11% body fat. May have been from all the years of being a basketball player and genetics

That's awesome best of luck to you in your upcoming show Wesley and NC.

The best in the world at anything they do all have coaches, multiple coaches. If your serious about competing, I think a coach is a must brother. "success leaves clues"

That's a great point they all do

I'm currently preparing for a show and imo a GOOD coach is crucial. Having someone who wants you to win just as badly as you want yourself to win makes this process more enjoyable. Just remember, communication is key!! If you slip up in diet, training, whatever... make sure to tell your coach!

Okay definitely thank you brother? Good luck on your show!

That's my dream bro! But I'm 6'8 and the maximum weight for classic is 275 and I feel like I'd need to be at least 300 on stage to be able to even have a chance at winning. I have a 6'10 wingspan on top of that lol

Good God my dude, 300lbs [emoji44]I'd love to have me a little of your size, lol. I'm 5'10" and looks like I'll be stepping on stage at around 170lbs

Good God my dude, 300lbs [emoji44]I'd love to have me a little of your size, lol. I'm 5'10" and looks like I'll be stepping on stage at around 170lbs

Lmao I'd gladly give you some inches, I wish I was 6'5 so bad lol. Tired of all the "you wasted your height and gave up basketball to become a bodybuilder " comment smh

For this competition physique

A LOT of taller guys do really well with physique, so I think that's perfect for you. Yes, the disadvantage is you have to add a lot of size to look big compared to shorter guys, but you taller guys can really kill that V taper and slimmer and tighter waist with your height. That's what wins physique shows. It's all about illusion, so play the cards you are dealt

A LOT of taller guys do really well with physique, so I think that's perfect for you. Yes, the disadvantage is you have to add a lot of size to look big compared to shorter guys, but you taller guys can really kill that V taper and slimmer and tighter waist with your height. That's what wins physique shows. It's all about illusion, so play the cards you are dealt

Yeah definitely brother, I am going to work with what I have and try to be one of a kind!

Top Bottom